Heated Mittens?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budda1

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone recommend the heated mittens to make the removing of the Bio Gels quicker, or does it not make much difference. Newbie just passed Bis Sculpt., certs., enjoying the porducts, left my nails beautiful after, very impressed actually..thanks in advanced...

Hi, I'm a Calgel user and today, funnily enough, I soaked of a clients gel, in foil not a bowl, and used heated microwave bags (wheatgerm things), and it was off the first hand before I finished wrapping the last finger! It speeds up the acetones performance. I wont bother to buy mittens as I dont soak off that often. (These wheat bags are fine for me, they are supposed to go in your shoe to warm them so nice and slim to put just on tips of fingers.)

I use heated mitts when soaking off after fills. Otherwise, straight forward overlays usually soak off clean in 15 minutes.

I use the nail pad/foil soak off method btw.

Congrats on passing your Bio assessment :hug:

I use them for Calgel and think it helps a lot xx

I lay a wheat bag over the top it does help.

i use a plastic bowl with alittle boiling water in, then put a jessica manicure, glass bowl with acetone inside. you have to be careful not to put too much water in the first bowl, or it will boil the acetone. its really quick. xx

Hi guys were do you buy weat bags from as this is the fist Ive heard of them. Can you re use them? Would they speed up time when removing l&p?
sorry about all the questions.

:smack:what a marvelous idea and cost friendly too.......thanks ever so.....budda1

Wheat bags are in all sorts of places. Craft fairs usually sell them quite cheaply,markets, internet,john lewis,tk max,health shops ,they pop up all over the place.

So do you heat them in the microwave n for how long?

Hi all,

so glad i found this post!!

Yeah you heat them in the microwave the one i have is for 2mins it will say on the pad how long to heat.

well ive been using a wheat pad and foils since I started about year and a half and find it takes up alot of time. sometimes ive spent over an hour trying to remove them and in the end I find myself scraping the rest off :mad: although this has only happened a few times i know i should'nt have but im well out of time. Sometimes I fly through it all depending on the infills and how many. I mentioned it to the lady at bio and she said to use heated mitts and also ask the client to sit on them it should only take 10mins thats what she does although she doesnt do infills she removes and replaces each time. Havnt tried it yet but just wanted to know does it matter wot make i get? they should all work the same lol! and what price range am i looking at? i seen some on ebay.. babyliss £29 is this about right? I need them for thursday as i have client straight away after so def cant go over time! wish me luck!!

Hi all,

so glad i found this post!!

Yeah you heat them in the microwave the one i have is for 2mins it will say on the pad how long to heat.

well ive been using a wheat pad and foils since I started about year and a half and find it takes up alot of time. sometimes ive spent over an hour trying to remove them and in the end I find myself scraping the rest off :mad: although this has only happened a few times i know i should'nt have but im well out of time. Sometimes I fly through it all depending on the infills and how many. I mentioned it to the lady at bio and she said to use heated mitts and also ask the client to sit on them it should only take 10mins thats what she does although she doesnt do infills she removes and replaces each time. Havnt tried it yet but just wanted to know does it matter wot make i get? they should all work the same lol! and what price range am i looking at? i seen some on ebay.. babyliss £29 is this about right? I need them for thursday as i have client straight away after so def cant go over time! wish me luck!!

all i can suggest hun, is look in your local wholesalers, mine were £17.99 on offer in sallys they are babyliss ones, i wouldnt recomend you buy anything electrical from ebay hun, theres no guarantee if its faulty, and you dont know its safe esp if using on clients babe xx

hth

Yeah i am just on my way out to sallys im going to have a look in there. The ebay ones were from an ebay shop brand new, wouldnt get them second hand or used. But the ones in sallys are most prob the same but cheeper.

Thanks hun!

I have used mitts with calgel and like others have said...it speeds up the process quicker, I am tempted to try the wheatbag idea though:)

Latest posts

Back