Hello, I'm new :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucybluebell

Reaction score
Hi there everyone.
Well I'm quite new to all this...I am a part time nail student, I started in sept last year. We have finished manicure and nail art and have just started extensions (gel) last week I put tips on and blended for the 1st time and was pretty happy with the result :)
I'm a little confused as to all the different types of gels used and when someone asks me which system I'll be using I don't know what to say! Any help would be appreciated:lol:
Love Lucy xx

Hi Lucy welcome to salon geek a word of warning it can be very addictive!! I'm an acrylic geek so can't help you with the different makes of gel sorry, good luck with your course x

There are so many gels on the market.. Soak off or Buff Off.

I myself prefer to use Bio Sculpture Gel who are the Inventor of Soak Off Gels. Many celebritities love this Gel especially since it is available in over 140 Colours. It doesnt damage the clients nails & also soaks off in 10 minutes...

To enable you do purchase Gels such as Bio Sculpure or NSI, CND etc (Creative Nail Design) usually you have to complete a conversion course with such companies before you can purchase their products. This is why you need to decide exactly what you want from a product & take things from there because of the costs involved with additional training.

Naturally I love Bio Sculpture so I will shout that from the roof tops... :)

Welcome to the forum and the nail world. Since Sleepy posted a link to answer your question, can't really add anything more to that. Enjoy!

Welcome to the forums :)
Rhiannon x

Thanks for the warm welcome and thanks sleepy for that- most helpful x

No probs :) it helped me loads!! xx

Thanks for the warm welcome and thanks sleepy for that- most helpful x

You will find heaps of great information in the articles and tutorials forum .. you can read in there all day and still not get through more than a fraction of the information. A great learning resouce of reference. Have fun.

hi lucyblebell your gonna love it, this site and all its wonderful educators and contributors have taught me heaps over the years! :D be warned it is very addictive! best of luck on your journey Xxx

Latest posts

Back