Help and advice with Acrylic Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curls

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've been doing acrylic nails since Christmas and they've always gone really well. They look natural and go a good amount of time before a rebalance is necessary. No problems at all. However, the last set I did – the lady lost three in a week while on holiday. Now she wants the rest taking off. She’s not angry or anything but I feel really disappointed as now my reputation is a little tarnished. I use creative products. What could I have done wrong or is this just a one off – did her nails reject the acrylic????

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

:cry:

Some ingredients in sun protection creams and oils can cause lifting to nails so maybe it was down to that,
if her nails had rejected the acrylic all 10 would have come off and left no damage behind (very rare) hth :hug:

I'm still in training stage , and have hardly no experience, but read most evenings on nails as well as using my trainer hand but I had a thought... if they came off whilst she was on holiday and this is unusual for you, could it be that she was swimming a lot and left her hands submerged in water for long periods ?

I agree with Louise, but also some clients are really harsh on their nails, opening cans with them and the like eek! sometimes you can tell by the way they go into there bag to find their purse, I have found personally the ones who carefully take things out to find it dont tend to have many breaks (unless caught in car door handle etc) but the ones who shove their hands straight in and rumage come back with breaks lol hth xx

Thanks ladies, that's been really helpful. Isn't it awful how you start to doubt yourself sometimes!

Are there any fool proof ways to make sure my nails have extra strength just in case, to avoid nails coming off too soon?

Thanks ladies, that's been really helpful. Isn't it awful how you start to doubt yourself sometimes!

Are there any fool proof ways to make sure my nails have extra strength just in case, to avoid nails coming off too soon?

I'll give you the reply that was given to me when I posted this very same question a couple of years ago, it made me laugh but its true.

Thats why we have re balance and breakage charges:lol::hug:

Some clients just do. I had lots of clients that went from one appointment to the next without even a chip, one lady who used to do all the gardening, without gloves:eek: no problems.
But I had a few who always had lifting on the same couple of fingers or had 3 or 4 breakages, its all down to how they treat them.
Your holiday lady probably only wanted them for her holiday and at least she's asked you to take them of instead of just munching them of herself:hug:

my sister has only had hers on a week and saw her at a bday pty last night and she recons that her nail just pinged off whilst she was ordering her drink at the bar before i got there!! i looked at her nails no lifting or pockets, cracks or chips on other fingers. it was a clean break across middle of the finger. they dont just ping of surely??
i had one 'ping' of but that was my fault!! i trapped it in bin and as i was busy i carried on rather than fixing it. by time i finished housework had lifting where i had knocked it (dont think clients would have noticed if it was thier nail as it was hardly noticable). then after i finally got my angels into bed i had a relaxing bath and forgetfully soaked my hands too, ooppps. and yes nail came off just after. so from my experiance i had to put my nail through quite alot to get it to come off.
It has knocked my confidence a little a my sister swears she did nothing lol but i have faith in my nails and as the rest look o nice still and no other clients have had this i dont believe its something i've done.

I think your client abused her nails whilst on holiday without realising.
Keep doing what your good at, stay positive :) im sure you have llots of other verry happy clients.

It's going to sound horrible but I wouldn't trust in what she says 100%. Sometimes the client just doesn't want to addmit that it was her fault for various reasons: feels embarassed, doesn't want to pay extra to fix the nail etc. So take it easy and just say to her that she has to be more careful. Acrylics are not made of steal. That's what I'd do.

Just to add to my previous post I'll give you an example of one of my clients.
She works as a waitress and she's not the gentle one. So when she chippes a nail, instead of filing it down or coming to fix it, she pulls off the remaining acrylic. She used to say to me that they come off, but I really questioned her about it and she's addmited to pulling them off.
I used to feel very bad too thinking my nails are not staying on long enough. But I gathered there must be more to it since she kept coming back for new sets and it was only her that complained.

Also have a look at the natural nail when she comes back as this can be a give away sign whether she does the same thing as my client did.

Latest posts

Back