Help before I waste money on the wrong wax kit

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrspip

Reaction score
Hi

I did my waxing training yesterday on both roller and hot wax. I'm now looking at waxing kits.

My local wholesalers have these:

Satin Smooth Professional Double Wax Heater

Satin Smooth Professional Wax Heater by BaByliss Pro

Could someone give me an opinion on these? Or should I be looking at something like the Hive heater?
I learnt the hard way with my nail kit, from not asking first, so would like to check first.

I am going to be mobile and was thinking or going with the hot wax system, but would a roller system be better?

Any opinions would be grateful

Thank you

well personally i could not get on with roller waxing, I bought 2 different roller systems and found neither of them very easy to use so gave up, however i know there is lots of therapist who prefer roller waxing - although it is more tricky on areas such as brows!
I do not know the babyliss heater but some of the bigger brands like peron rigot make wax tins that fit directly in the hive heater or you even put the plastic tubs of wax directly into some of the heaters which is very handy when mobile as you can put the lid on and it doesn't go everywhere.
hth x

I couldn't get on with roller waxing either, I have gone PHD safewax from ellisons, best decision I ever made, easy to apply, 100% hygienic, wax does not feel hot on clients skin, and alls my clients say it doesn't hurt as much either! Fantastic system!

I couldn't get on with roller waxing either, I have gone PHD safewax from ellisons, best decision I ever made, easy to apply, 100% hygienic, wax does not feel hot on clients skin, and alls my clients say it doesn't hurt as much either! Fantastic system!

Thanks for this. They had a PHD system at the training centre but we didn't get to have a go with it. Looking at it though it did seem to be better than the roller system.
Do you find it ok to use on eyebrows or is it a bit fidderly?

well personally i could not get on with roller waxing, I bought 2 different roller systems and found neither of them very easy to use so gave up, however i know there is lots of therapist who prefer roller waxing - although it is more tricky on areas such as brows!
I do not know the babyliss heater but some of the bigger brands like peron rigot make wax tins that fit directly in the hive heater or you even put the plastic tubs of wax directly into some of the heaters which is very handy when mobile as you can put the lid on and it doesn't go everywhere.
hth x

Thanks for your help. Can I ask what you changed to?

I also tried roller waxing and didn't get on with it. I much prefer pot/spatula and good quality wax. I found it ok on lower legs but nowhere else.

I have the babyliss heater, it works fine but since I've changed waxes to PR I haven't used it, as I bought 2 hive heaters. I have kept the babyliss as a back up for melting strip wax to decant into my hive heater when I'm running low though.

Sorry that really wasn't very helpful.

I also tried roller waxing and didn't get on with it. I much prefer pot/spatula and good quality wax. I found it ok on lower legs but nowhere else.

I have the babyliss heater, it works fine but since I've changed waxes to PR I haven't used it, as I bought 2 hive heaters. I have kept the babyliss as a back up for melting strip wax to decant into my hive heater when I'm running low though.

Sorry that really wasn't very helpful.

All opinions are helpful, thank you.
It does give me more to think about, as someone has now suggested non strip waxing, so I'm now even more confused! :confused:

I use both of Australian bodycare's waxing systems, would never change back now to my old wax pot.

Clients love it too products are fab & very easy to clean & maintain.

Also used lycon berry wax when I was on my Billion Dollar Brow course it smells lush glides on & very flexible I will also be getting this system into

X

I started off mobile with a pot wax and spatula within 1st week i spilt on the floor (woops) so invested in the phd system best thing i did i found fiddly at first but use to it now also i think one of the kits u can get phd training in with it free! Hth

I had the twin babyliss, and used if for three days per week on a timer NEVER speed heating the wax and the plastic inside the heater has degraded and the pot dropped inside the machine.

The firm I bought it from are disputing that it will be covered under warranty as I purchased it 10 days before opening my room and noticed the breakage on my anniversary which fell on a Sunday so I couldn't notify them. Of course I am disputing and will revert to Babyliss if necessary.

Don't bother with it.

HTH

I had the twin babyliss, and used if for three days per week on a timer NEVER speed heating the wax and the plastic inside the heater has degraded and the pot dropped inside the machine.

The firm I bought it from are disputing that it will be covered under warranty as I purchased it 10 days before opening my room and noticed the breakage on my anniversary which fell on a Sunday so I couldn't notify them. Of course I am disputing and will revert to Babyliss if necessary.

Don't bother with it.

HTH

Hi
Thanks for your info. I'm still trying to decide which system to go with. I'm currently looking at the Hive heaters.
Can I ask what you now use?

Thanks

I have the small babylis heater and wouldn't get it again it is very hard to clean lots of nooks and crannies and the writing rubs off with the cleaner.Also the sliding dial is hard to adjust when full of wax.Sally currently have a good offer on the salon system kit with the great digital heater for almost the same as just the heater and if you pick it up on a vat free day even better.You will get a pot of wax and salon system is ok there strips I find as good as any and their lotions which are fine too you can always change after but it's a great way to start and get a really good heater http://www.beautyexpress.co.uk/product-Just-Wax-Heater-Kit-PW140.htm this is the kit but it's less at the mo at Sally

Last edited:
I have the small babylis heater and wouldn't get it again it is very hard to clean lots of nooks and crannies and the writing rubs off with the cleaner.Also the sliding dial is hard to adjust when full of wax.Sally currently have a good offer on the salon system kit with the great digital heater for almost the same as just the heater and if you pick it up on a vat free day even better.You will get a pot of wax and salon system is ok there strips I find as good as any and their lotions which are fine too you can always change after but it's a great way to start and get a really good heater Buy Just Wax Heater Kit from Beauty Express this is the kit but it's less at the mo at Sally

Hi
Thanks for that. I did look at this kit, but wasn't sure on if the brand was a good one to go with or not. Do you use this?

Thanks

I use their honey wax in my rollers I prefer to just use a honey wax as there is less in it to irritate no colours or perfumes.I Particularly avoid tea tree wax.Good waxing is probably 75percent technique and 25 the wax you are using.Depending on area.
You have one pot of wax in the kit so if you don't like it you can change ,everything else is good and I'm sure you will find fine their pre wax and after care is as good as any.You will prob want to get some oil.Strips are fine too.
The best roller system in my opinion is the clean and easy but I don't think I would want to take it out mobile.Did you train with pot and spatula with strip wax as well as hot

I use their honey wax in my rollers I prefer to just use a honey wax as there is less in it to irritate no colours or perfumes.I Particularly avoid tea tree wax.Good waxing is probably 75percent technique and 25 the wax you are using.Depending on area.
You have one pot of wax in the kit so if you don't like it you can change ,everything else is good and I'm sure you will find fine their pre wax and after care is as good as any.You will prob want to get some oil.Strips are fine too.
The best roller system in my opinion is the clean and easy but I don't think I would want to take it out mobile.Did you train with pot and spatula with strip wax as well as hot

Yes I trained in both. Not sure on the brands we used, but used a roller system and the pot and spatula. We got shown the PHD system, but did not get to have a go with this

Hi
Thanks for your info. I'm still trying to decide which system to go with. I'm currently looking at the Hive heaters.
Can I ask what you now use?

Thanks

This is the one I currently have (well two of!)
Buy the 1000cc Waxing Pot Heater

I was put off the hive digital heaters as 1) I love having my heaters on timers as it means I don't have to go in early to turn them on and you can't do that with the digital ones 2) My friend has a digital one and the casing has already cracked after 2 months of use 3) I personally don't like speed heating the wax as I burnt some when I was new to waxing and 4) read this thread http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/178492-what-temperature-euroblonde.html - the inconsistency puts me off.

hth

Latest posts

Back