Help: Client wants me to apply her own Minx?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb2208

Reaction score
Hi all

I am a mobile nail tech. I have got a booking next week for a client who wants a Minx Pedi. I asked her if she had a design in mind (I have a link to the Minx Gallery on my website).
The client advised that she wants the silver one, to which I replied I have that in stock, so no problem. The client said that she has her own silver Minx that she wants on.
I'm not sure what to charge her, I dont want to divulge how much Minx is trade. I charge £30 for a Minx Pedi.
It may be that its not Minx, but another brand??
Any suggestions would be very appreciated.
Thanks

Hi all

I am a mobile nail tech. I have got a booking next week for a client who wants a Minx Pedi. I asked her if she had a design in mind (I have a link to the Minx Gallery on my website).
The client advised that she wants the silver one, to which I replied I have that in stock, so no problem. The client said that she has her own silver Minx that she wants on.
I'm not sure what to charge her, I dont want to divulge how much Minx is trade. I charge £30 for a Minx Pedi.
It may be that its not Minx, but another brand??
Any suggestions would be very appreciated.
Thanks

Personally I think she's being very cheeky and for that I would charge my normal rate For the full minx pedi and tell her that that's it's your skills she's paying for :) ot I'd tell her I'd do her a normal pedi and she can put it on herself... :)

Charge her the full price you charge for a MINX pedi even if you do use hers!
Think of it like this if a client brings there own polish do you charge less? I don't !
But I would take your real minx with you to the appointment as hers is quite likely be any old tat !

Www.lilmissbuffit.com
Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

Thanks Claire
I too thought it was cheeky, I automatically assumed that she would want a discounted price.
Although I have already told her the price, after she said she has her own Minx.

Very cheeky! id say no to putting them on. Id say to her that your price is your price. If you let a client walk over you once theyl do it again and again. Also if it is a different brand and it doesn't adhere properly or its minx and she hasn't looked after it then your risking your reputation. Hope it works out for you. Don't b too keen to bend over backwards to
please a client stick to your terms its your business

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Thanks Mizzy_Dizzy & Glitz and Glam, I feel better now.
You are all correct and I should have thought of your replies myself
xx

absolutely charge her the normal price and if its any other make other than minx then advise her you cannot give any guarantees to time limts etc even if it is minx you do not know how its been stored so no guarantees if they lift - but charge her normal prices and let her pay for her own stock!

I never use anyone's products but my own. It opens the door to all sorts of silliness and with them trying to bargain your service prices down.
And as said... you don't want to be stuck with their complaints if 'their' product doesn't stand up to the same quality as your own.

I have only waivered with regards to nail polish on occasion, if they have a colour that I don't have and they are set at having it. Even then, I STILL charge full price for the service.

hth's

Im sure there is something in here...should you be even be doing this service. Seeing as this lady has brough her Minx from somewhere other than SQ..ebay?

Is it not somehow saying ok go buy some more and I'll do them even though everyone moans about the public buying off ebay...x

I would apply her product if that is what she wants but with no guarantee at all as you have no idea where they come from or if they are genuine. So if they all 'fall off' tomorrow that would be just too bad.

And full price.

Jacqui xx

I would not use any product bought in by a client as I could not be sure that it was genuine. I personally think that you should explain that you have her chosen design in stock, which you will apply for her and then suggest that perhaps she holds on to her product for use at home.

Thinking about it, my only exception would possibly be a hand cream if the client had allergies they were concerned about, but I would not reduce my prices.

I'd offer her no discount and no guarantee. You have no guarantee if her Minx are really Minx, but that's beside the point. The cost of your services is not in the product. It is in your time and talent primarily.

I personally wouldnt apply it being as you cant guarentee anything. Plus if its not actually minx you cant guarentee your applying it properly. Also she might tell her friends, oh just buy some off xxx website and go to this nail tech and she will do it for you etc. If you dont want to make a habit of doing it for other people, i wouldnt start with her. HTH

Is it actually minx or some cheap alternative ?

I would either say its the same price so she may as well have your minx or that you won't apply other products.

Ive had clients bring in manky OTC polish before which has been a devil to apply and then next time ive seen them its only lasted a couple of days so now I don't apply or make it crystal clear that it will not last and I won't take any responsibility for it chipping.

Latest posts

Back