Help! Don't know how to reply to my eyelash client!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My god, i don't do lashes, and nor do i really have anything constructive to add to this thread (sorry!) But just wanted to congratulate you on your patience with this woman and for putting up with her! I couldn't! .. Just reading your thread has made me angry and feel bad for you!
Good luck with her hun x

Iv had plenty of experience with clients like this and beleieve me i would drather have 1 nice client than 3 horrible clients. These type of people are just after freebies. I would txt he rback and say she had a discounted price when you did them last time and therefore it will be full price this time. She will more than likely not bother or pay you for the treatment either way you get rid of a twisty client or ul get paid for the treatment. My advice is start as you mean to get on, i use to be soft but now i realise that you cnt make everybody happy no matter were you go ul always find one twisty person so just concentrate on ure nice clients!

also if she has had the lashes on for a while is it not just the old lashes which have fallen out? surely if this is the case than its nothing you have done she should just have a new set next time.

Without seeing the lashes you can't ascertain what needs to be done and what has happened.
You need to see the lashes, assess who is at fault and then decide on your plan of action.
You also need to let her know this. You need to tell her that if she is at fault then she will have to pay in full. Also you should tell her that you have a petrol charge as well!

Guys I have an update!

I basically said to her as a one off I would go round and do a "mini maintainance" for her next week. She replied saying that would be good thanks and asked if its the same lashes as last time that I used. So I replied and that was this morning. She still hasnt replied to me.

She's an odd one, one of those clients who, when your with they chat away like they are your best friend, then when it comes to bookings and payments, they are quite difficult.

Thanks for all your comments, it's good to know I'm not alone in these situations.

Btw re the egg sarnie- I know! A fried egg on 2 bits of bread, i have no idea how she managed to prolong the sarnie eating process for half an hour haha, well it did involve her making it but still.... Ahhh!

I would love to know what happens ???? And cheek if eating while ure waiting x

Btw re the egg sarnie- I know! A fried egg on 2 bits of bread, i have no idea how she managed to prolong the sarnie eating process for half an hour haha, well it did involve her making it but still.... Ahhh!

You should have said to her that while she was at it she could make you one too...then if she'd said anything, then say that you're making me sit here wait for you when I'm ready so you can feed me while I'm waiting...:wink2:

Aw gosh I remember those days very well ! Be firm and brave- at the end of the day, what is she going to do if you tell her how it is.. never come to you again? either way - it won't be the end of the world (((Hugs)))

If you don't bite the bullet and be strong with her she will do it time and time again ( trust me, I had a client who didnt have the cash to pay me a few times and kept putting payments off until I had enough and gave her a bill and then "didnt recall owing me anything" !!!!!!) they only treat you how you let them treat you.

Thank god I come to Australia and learnt all about assertiveness ! No one takes any crap over here and it's the way it should be. Good luck, you can do it, you are an experienced therapist and haven't done anything wrong !!!!!!xx

Aww thanks everyone :)

My update is, she hasn't replied to my last text. I said I'd go round to sort them on mon, and she replied sayin ok, and then I told her the app time and she hasn't replied. Now, I actually have other clients I could fit in her "slot", but she is so bad at getting back to me! She has done this before...

Rude!

Yeah I need to learn to be more assertive! Xxx

Aww thanks everyone :)

My update is, she hasn't replied to my last text. I said I'd go round to sort them on mon, and she replied sayin ok, and then I told her the app time and she hasn't replied. Now, I actually have other clients I could fit in her "slot", but she is so bad at getting back to me! She has done this before...

Rude!

Yeah I need to learn to be more assertive! Xxx

I'd give her 24 hours and if she hasn't replied then fill that spot with the other client. If she really wanted the appointment she would have replied within that time.

I'd give her 24 hours and if she hasn't replied then fill that spot with the other client. If she really wanted the appointment she would have replied within that time.

Also I've learnt to put a time limit on at the end, such as 'please let me know within 24 hours (or by such a time and date) if this is convenient to you as after this time I will not be able to guarantee it will still be available (or it will be opened up to other clients).

Covers your back then and stops any further aggro if she comes back after and tries to complain you offered it but she hasn't got it because you let it go to someone else.

Xx

oh my lord, I don't know how you've stayed so patient. Can you imagine if you'd have turned up half an hour late and said you'd stopped for something to eat !?! Would of been an entirely different story then.

You have been more than accomadating to this client and kudos to you on being so professional.

I would agree with the advice above of putting a cap on how long you give them to confirm an appointment. I've recently had an issue with a lady that didn't confirm an appointment so after numerous attempts to contact her I filled the slot. I now know she is going around bad-mouthing me with a heavily edited version of events.

I hope you get it sorted as I know how disheartening clients like this can be. Good luck :) x

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

Ok she still hasn't replied, that was 2 days ago...last time she done this to me she replied the day of her app! I know what's going to happen... She won't reply till the very last minute and will expect me to have held her appointment, and she will get really cheeky if I don't turn up. To be honest I don't even want to deal with her again. She is stressing me out!

I'm really hating my job these days lol. :(

Ok she still hasn't replied, that was 2 days ago...last time she done this to me she replied the day of her app! I know what's going to happen... She won't reply till the very last minute and will expect me to have held her appointment, and she will get really cheeky if I don't turn up. To be honest I don't even want to deal with her again. She is stressing me out!

Fire her...not worth the stress.

Do you think u should just not reply if she gets back to me?

OK this client is being very unfair to you... no wonder you're stressed out!!

If your client sends you texts to complain about her lashes, she cannot complain if you reply to her in turn, by text. (It's not something I like to do with clients as I find people say things in a text that they'd never say over the phone)

I would contact her and just let her know that you've had to allocate the appointment to someone else, as she has not come back to you about it and you are very busy! (no one need know your business by the way)

I would say that you are happy to do her lashes, but as so much time has lapsed without you assessing the lashes and the problem, you would have no option but to charge for a full set.

I would then go to her at a time that suits YOU... that's if you decide to take her again, remember it's your business.

I am a hair geek and know nothing about these lashes. But I had to come on to say fair play to u for your patience. Tbh I would get rid, life's too short for all that stress, she's a complete torture, good lick x

Latest posts

Back