Help! Don't know how to reply to my eyelash client!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol guys she still hasn't replied! Ruuuude! I just think, regardless of what's happened with these lashes, her lack of communication is annoying me enough! But she will manage to turn it round if I don't turn up on Monday! Jeezo. Anyhow, I'm sure there's a geek out there who has had worse experiences than me! Xx

You're not actually going to go to her on Monday are you....?

You have the patience of a saint!

I can understand you don't want her to say nasty things about you but there's a line and she's gone so far over it she can't see it anymore. Let us know what happens and good luck hun x

I know it sounds ridiculous, even considering going to her. I'm scared that if I didn't go, I'd a) get rude texts and b)imagine if I bumped into her somewhere and c)she will guaranteed start saying to people "she never turned up" etc...I don't know what's worse, thinking of seeing her again and doing these lashes or dealing with "the aftermath" if I don't. I think I'm now at the stage of completely over thinking and over analysing the whole situation!

So glad I posted it on here though, if I hadn't I would have probably ended up going over and infilling for free to shut her up! Ridiculous I know!

I really wish I wasn't such a woose! Get a grip Merelle

Xx

Just wanted to send you a big hug x:hug::hug:x
This client has been a nightmare & completly disrespecful to you.

You have handled the whole situation really really well, hats off to you.

If she hasn't been polite enough to return your message to confirm her appointment you should definatly give it to someone else. If/when she texts you, just say "I assumed you didnt want the appointment as you never texted me back to confirm"

When replying to texts I usually write, "at the moment I can do ................. are any of them ok for you?"

It has happened quite a lot that someone texts back after a few hours with what day/time they want & someone else has taken that appointment, so I just say sorry that has now gone, by saying "at the moment I can do....." I feel it covers myself.
Luckily most of my clients seem to reply either straight away or within an hour or so.

I do think its a good idea to add extra on for your travel time, if she is 30 minutes thats an extra 1 hour petrol back & fourth that must be a few pounds! (I dont drive so havent got a clue)
You could always say you have had a meeting with your accountant who has said I need to charge per mile out of the areas you cover.
That is what takeaways do; free delivery within 2/3 miles £1 per mile thereafter!

Good luck, keep us posted x

I would text her and say 'I did not receive a reply from you confirming your appointment time. I have other clients waiting for bookings so if I don't hear from you by ? o'clock today then the appointment will be given to someone on my cancellation list. Please be aware that there will be a £? fee to cover travel expenses should you decide to go ahead with the appointment'.

Definetley agree with what Angelina said! Her reply is precice, clear and straight forward it's a simple yes or no to the appointment time/date offered and by giving her a time to reply by is letting her know where she stands and making her understand that she isn't your only client.

You shouldn't wait so long for clients to make a decision on times as your going to end up loosing out on the clients that take what you do and their appointment seriously.

I find this is the problem though when everyone is texting back and forth i personally when i receieve a text from a client ring them confirm twice appointment date\time etc and then after the phone call send a text with their appointment info on and a cancellation policy.
Everyone knows where they stand then :wink2:

Update!

Today was the day of her appointment. She never confirmed the time with me, so I didn't turn up... And I havnt heard from her at all!

Hmmmmm...

She is rude! Luckily you didn't turn up for her as I can only assume that she would have wasted more of your time!
Better off without her as a client I say!! :) x

your too soft and I know you are cus I am too. But people just take advantage and think less of you anyway. I am always doing things for free and I know I am stupid lol xxx

I know I know, I am too soft and it doesn't work in my favour with business lol. It is hard though, it's just the way I am. When I'm put on the spot I toil with certain things ie difficult clients, then kick myself after and have a good old moan to anyone that will listen.

The drama will not end though... I have this client booked in for her proper maintainance next week so I might actually end up seeing her after all! Xx

I think you should get in touch and ask her to confirm whether or not she wants her maintenance appt.

Just thought I'd update everyone, I never heard from this client again... And she did not receive an Xmas card from me lol!

Good riddance !

Been following with interest! Sounds like she was just after a freebie. Well done for sticking to your guns! Have a lovely xmas all x

Omg def just wanted a freebie, I'm glad now that I didn't just rush over and infill her for free or even half the price, because she would have done it again and I would only be making things harder for myself!

Thanks geeks and merry Crimbo! Xxx

Personally after an egg sandwich I'd offer her a mint... :eek: :wink2:. We've started doing after care leaflets for everyone.. step by step simple instructions in everything from nail care to lashes and even hair care after a colouring.. I'm not very tactful and find it hard when people constantly don't listen to the perfectly good advice my Therapist & Hairdresser is giving them.

In a way she did you a favour, learning how to handle these tricky clients. We all had to learn how to handle crap like this in business.

Personally after an egg sandwich I'd offer her a mint... :eek: :wink2:. We've started doing after care leaflets for everyone.. step by step simple instructions in everything from nail care to lashes and even hair care after a colouring.. I'm not very tactful and find it hard when people constantly don't listen to the perfectly good advice my Therapist & Hairdresser is giving them.

Oh god I know!!

I gave this client a nouveau aftercare leaflet, but she obv did not abide! Its true...The only way we learn is by these things happening, unfortunately! Looking back, I wish I had said "Oi what's with the egg sarnie!!!?" (obv in a more professional way), that was just ridiculous! She wouldn't go to a salon with her subway sarnie and sit and eat it on the bed! Bloody ridiculous!

Well this will make you chuckle.. had a lady have a full set of semi perm lashes a few weeks ago... she got the whole run through of do's and donts... saw her a few days ago and there was no lashes.. when asked 'where had they gone' the reply was 'well she told me to be careful with water near them but not that I couldnt go swimming' .... :evil::!:

Latest posts

Back