Help!! I need some skincare for facials.......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a new geek and I am opening a treatment room at home, I have got everything in place except for skincare for my facials, I love dermalogica and have always used high end products on myself but unfortunately their setup costs are out of my price range as i'm just starting out but at the same time I do not go with too cheap products, so I'm thinking middle of the road but I dont know where to start, its a minefield out there:rolleyes:.
So I wondered if anyone has any suggestions of any brands that are nice to use as a therapist but also the clients will love, please help.....

Carol

Hi there Carol

are you attending the professional beauty show in London at the beginning of March or is that too late for you?? I use Academie French Cosmetics as there is no set start up price . You simply talk to your rep about what you treatments you would like to offer etc and she will recommend what you need ie cleansers, toners etc - it doesn't have to cost the earth. I also retail the products in my salon and i use them myself. A great affordable product.

hope this helps - good luck:)

I am going to the Proff Beauty show, but was hoping to have something sorted by then as its holding things up abit. Thanks for you advice I will check out Academie, if I dont sort something out by the show I will have a look as at least I can try products myself whilst im there and might even get a good deal, who knows.

Carol

I use Susan Molyneux, their products are wonderful and have a great range with good looking packaging. Their prices are OK and I find that they retail well for me too, Im mobile and work on my own from my home salon.

Good luck
Karaxxx

I use Susan Molyneux, their products are wonderful and have a great range with good looking packaging. Their prices are OK and I find that they retail well for me too, Im mobile and work on my own from my home salon.

Good luck
Karaxxx

hi kara,
do you have a web address for this company?

Hi,

After Kara's response yesterday Susan Molyneux was one of companies I contacted, web address Welcome to Susan Molyneux, I sent them an email through the contacts tab and they replyed really quickly and are sending info & samples, prices seem ok too.
Hope this helps
Carol

hi i use eve taylor i find that they retail well have a great consistancy have a nice smell that is not too over powering like alot of the samples i was sent from other companies and i found the start up kits where very reasonable and the staff are so frindly and helpful. From what i can remember they had 3-4 options of start up kits one of which was for mobile therapists.:)

Thanks!
I contacted Eve Taylor too as lookin at past posts on geek it seems quite popular, they havnt responded yet but I will contact them again.

Carol

Hi Carol & Megaone, sorry I didnt get back to you with that web addy but from your posts I see you found it.

When I started with SM I went for the free training (not too bad for me as it was in Cheltenham) and the girls were lovely. I always find them really helpful and have great customer service. I love the fact that the products are based around aromatherapy, they smell devine and are preservative and lanolin free (my mum's allergice to lanolin!).

The only thing I find a problem its that they have a minimum order policy, which can be difficult when you're only a small business and they also have their own website (which, granted, only sells at rrp) so some clients buy directly from them.

Hope you find something suitable quickly.

Karaxxx

Hi Carol, I would recommend Moor Spa but I am not that impartial. :)

Try and get in touch with a few different companies to get some samples. Make sure that you like using the products as you will be using them for a while. If you can try them on some of your clients too.

See what sort of support you can get from the company. And don't forget to haggle, if you can get a discount thats great, but you maybe able to get some mini sizes too.

Make sure you can buy what you want when you want. If there is a minimum order this can be a problem. You don't want to have to add products to an order just to make it up.

regards Jo

Hi, i was in the same position, i contacted
Moor Spa - great and lovely samples , no start up
Algologie - great very little to start up
I would use either of these companies, both extremely helpful,
just waiting to try Eve taylor:hug:

Hi just to say I have started using eve taylor in my beauty rooms and finding them fantastic the clients love them and having some really good results. They have lots a lovley products and they retail well. There is no minimum order which I think is great cause I tend to lots of little orders as and when I need things.

When I first stared i spend a lot a money on some organic products which I never really fell in love with it was a big mistake, I really wish I knew about eve taylor in the first palce.
Kirsty x

Hi there Carol

are you attending the professional beauty show in London at the beginning of March or is that too late for you?? I use Academie French Cosmetics as there is no set start up price . You simply talk to your rep about what you treatments you would like to offer etc and she will recommend what you need ie cleansers, toners etc - it doesn't have to cost the earth. I also retail the products in my salon and i use them myself. A great affordable product.

hope this helps - good luck:)

Hi Single Sparkle

Do you have the distibutors name.number for Academie Skincare. I used to use them when Jica Beauty disrtibuted it ? I like the products -very professional .Their Dermonyl ampule for Galvanic Facials is to die for !
Meridenxx:hug:

since my last post i have tried eve taylor
i would use either eve taylor or moor spa, both great x:hug:

SwissDermyl is a very high performing range, with no start up cost, no minimum order and they can have you up and running within days!
PM me if you want their contact details
:)

I'd also have a chat with Environ at the show - excellent products with great results. And startup costs are just £500 and no minimum order values after that. They actually suggest you keep your stock levels quite low and just order what you need - you can just order one tube of a product if you need to.

Mat

hi all, I'm looking for a range too, I had Nimue which i loved but was too expensive to buy and retail, I need something preferably with aha's in it as I feel they are great for treating skin conditions. I want an affordable range that if someone comes to me with a specific skin prob I can help improve it. Eve Taylor affordable and has got great press lately, but is it effective? Do they have any sort of peels?
Gonna check out the others!!

Hi Carol and Crazysaz,

I have to say I would recommend Eve Taylor too. They range is gorgeous and are very natural with no artificial frags etc and they still smell gorgeous :) They have no minimum orders and retail so so well.

Crazysaz they defo have some products containing aha's I'll check which ones I have with aha's tomorrow and let you know. As for peel-offs they have a very good range, I especially love their cryogenic masque...clients love the results. Hope I am of some help...good look girls - Sandi :)

Hi Carol, I am not too sure if you got my message so here it is again...I run a skincare business called Arbonne that offers the best, pure safe and beneficial skincare for babies and toddlers, teenagers, through to anti-ageing and men’s. Our products are Swiss Formulated, 100% botanical and Vegan approved and are very much a luxury brand.; pH-correct, hypoallergenic and formulated without dyes or chemical fragrances and no mineral oil. Our new- FC5 range I'm reliably told, is set to revolutionize the beauty industry forever with its UK launch in April(Vogue will feature it)

I would love the opportunity to ask you to sample some of these amazing products and let me know if this is something of interest to you...

Apart from superior, botanically based products, it also offers an exceptional, internet based business with extremly low start up costs. In fact everything is pretty much tailor made to your needs... I am sure you are familiar with Sue Alexander (ESPA) and Gale Longhurst (Sisley), they have both now introduced Arbonne to their own respective salons and are running a very successful Arbonne business alongside it.

Please contact me if you have any questions,

I look forward to hearing from you,

Joanna

Hey Carol.
I also use Academie French Cosmetics. I find they have a facial to suit every skin type,and my clients love their retail products,it does also help that they are Very affordable:)
There is No minimum order value,which really helped me when i was opening:!: Also all their samples,posters,bags and training are all free of charge!!!!
My rep is really helpful you can contact her on 0868179128.
If your still serching id defo giv her a ring and also check out there Bronz Express tan, i cant keep it on the shelf:lol:
good luck:)

Latest posts

Back