HELP!!!!! I've had a disaster!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeepPaws

Reaction score
I had to bring my wax home tonight as family want things done. I had to SLAM!!! my brakes because a woman infront of me desided she needed to turn off...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. My wax pot tipped over and the wax is all over the boot.
Anyone had this happen and can help me with tips to get it off??

:rolleyes:Thanks gang!

gutting! depends whats on your boot floor, if its plastic use a hair drier to heat it up and remove with sticky stuff remover if its carpet stuff think you will be scrubbing away for a long time hun!!

well i know how to get candle wax off a carpet so the same might apply - i dont know as not a pro but if you get some brown paper or grease proof - lay it over the wax and iron the paper?
Just an idea!

I would tip boiling water on it, scrape off what you can and get the rest off with residue remover. Next time hun put it in a plastic box with a lid on top.
I hope it doesn't take you too long xxx

Thanks Guys,,, Unfortunately, its the carpet! I had my gear and other pot in a box and wedged this one in with some big paint tins. GGrrrrr.....just one of those bad luck things. I will contact the car builders,,,see how much a replacement will be. xx

Is it just the boot floor that it has spilt on and is it a great amount? If so i would just replace the boot floor carpet. I think thats just one piece is'nt it!
You could try cleaning it but you would be there forever.
I used to have the same problem with wax pots leaking when travelling. i always kept mine with the lid on but you cou;d guarantee at the end of my journey it would have oozed out from the lid.
I changed around five years ago to the PHD system and no more accidents yey!!
xxx

Since you are thinking of replacing it anyway, try treating it like you do chewing gum. If you have a big freezer, put the carpet in there and when the wax is cold pick it of. If you don't have a freezer then get some freeze it spray, internet or maybe maplins diy shop spray on and scrape of.

Oh no !! well the onlything i can think of is a hair dryer and scraper !! but think you are going to have to replace the carpet in the boot, i used to transport mine in a plastic box bad enough cleaning a spilt wax pot in that !!! ggod luck XXX

Latest posts

Back