Help! I've turned into THAT embarrassing Dad!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Verve Designs

TAFNO Extensionize
Reaction score
Last night, I barged into the front room singing Gangnam Style at the top of my voice and dancing like a loon- only to find 5 terrified 12 year old girls staring at me from the sofa.

Not only had I charged in there, dancing like a demented horse-riding South Korean in my slippers- I'd also got it in my head that the words were "proper gangnam style"- instead of "oopah!".

So, the wrong words, a mad dance and an utterly embarrased 12 year old daughter.

When was the last time you showed your kids up? -and like me, were you secretly made up :)

Haha brilliant. I'm always embarrassing my daughter mainly because if anyone upsets her i pipe up! She hates it and tells me not to worry about it but I hate my kids being hurt or upset.
Listen to this gem: when my brother was about 16 him and my dad went to order a pizza and the person taking the order asked what kind of based dad would like, dad didn't have a clue what they were on about and said 'a round one'. My bro said he wanted the ground to swallow him up!

Carl, I literally just spat my tea down my top. I would have paid money to see that. Hilarious!! I, of course, never embarrass my daughter...cough cough ;)

Haha 😂, thank you for that chuckle! I can just picture their faces!
From what I can gather, I embarrass mine on a daily basis lol x

Fantastic! I love to embarrass my daughter by using teenage speak - you know, the things they say that really annoy us like 'just saying', 'chill your beans' and all the other things they say when you're already about ready to kill them! The more I say them to her the more uncool they become so she stops using them!

I also love the times we go into a supermarket and she tells me to behave! That's the signal for me to sing along to the music, do a little dance for her (when no-one's looking)...she doesn't know whether to laugh or run!

I've always been an embarrassing mum - thought it was one of the perks of parenthood lol

My 16 year daughter was cringing the other day because I went up to this random guy in the street (about her age) and asked where he got his hair cut as he had the most gorgeous quiff and my son wants his hair like that. I was having a lovely chat with the fella while she was glaring at me from up the road haha xx

I also love the times we go into a supermarket and she tells me to behave! That's the signal for me to sing along to the music, do a little dance for her (when no-one's looking)...she doesn't know whether to laugh or run!

Ooh yeah, the supermarket is an oasis for embarrassment lol. I sing, dance, fall over and have even broken a toe on their trolley in there!

Only a few months ago I was climbing up to the top shelf (as you do!) to try and get a cat collar and the whole thing came crashing down!

Omg my son was standing there open mouthed in horror then I heard hysterical laughing and it was my sons teacher who had witnessed the whole thing! The next day at school he couldn't resist asking me if my cat had been worth criminal damage lol. Then to add to this, the other week I went to pick my son up from school and had lost my car key while waiting in the playground. So sons teacher was helping me search (along with 4 other teachers and the headmaster).

We couldn't find them and I was really panicking, turns out they were in my back pocket! Omg even I was embarrassed then and my sons teacher said he'll add it to his list of my embarrassing moments haha xx

Last night, I barged into the front room singing Gangnam Style at the top of my voice and dancing like a loon- only to find 5 terrified 12 year old girls staring at me from the sofa.

Not only had I charged in there, dancing like a demented horse-riding South Korean in my slippers- I'd also got it in my head that the words were "proper gangnam style"- instead of "oopah!".

So, the wrong words, a mad dance and an utterly embarrased 12 year old daughter.

When was the last time you showed your kids up? -and like me, were you secretly made up :)

Hahaha Carl I always thought you were a bit weird.:lol: I'm always showing my 9 year old daughter up. Hehe. Honestly though she already thinks I'm mad. I'm like a big kid.:) Her dads a bit more serious than me (grumpy) so I'm the one chasing her round the garden with a water pistol. hehe

You sound like an awesome dad!! hahah.

Although at 12, I would've been mortified too.

I don't have kids, but when I was a teenager my dad was totes embarassing! He used to drive me to school in his painting clothes, which consisted of jog bottoms that were two sizes too small, with paint splatters all up them, a too small t-shirt with 3 fluorescent swimmers on and socks & sandles. Then he'd get out the car when he dropped me off and say loudly "kiss daddy darling!". The shame.

Or when I bought my first boyfriend home and he stood in the door frame and said "do you like my sandals?" and didn't let him in until he mumbled "yes mr johnson they're very nice". I was horrified.

Now though, I find it really funny and if I ever did change my mind and have kids I would totally embarrass them too.

Oh Carl! That is terminal embarassment for a 12 year old!!! I do like Gangnam style though.

I do pick up my 14 year old from parties with my pyjamas on, but mainly stay in the car and pray that he answers his phone when I call him.

I think it's a poor show there's no video clip, Carl :lol:

I am a mum to a 6 yr old and 3 yr old and im 25 i embarrass my 6 yr old not that i mean to, i try and be funny like pretend im going to take her to school im my pajamas or dance in tescos and she tells me to stop i thought being a young mum they wouldn't get embarrassed but they do i guess that's being a parent
my mum used to embarrass me and she didnt even do anything wrong bless her x

My 6 yr old is embarrassed by me.i dont know why. I ask for a smooch in the morning before he goes into class and I get a head in my face and a tut and he looks around to see if anyone is watching lol. Bless x

Oh I'm always embarrassing my kids (age 6 & 8)

If I'm dropping my daughters friends off after coming for dinner etc i sing in the car and she looks at me as if to say, pleeeaasse don't! In the mirror!

I always get the cold shoulder too when going in for a kiss dropping them off at school.

My parents weren't too embarrassing but my dad once bought a van that was really ancient and looked horrible,mi was mortified i case he ever picked me up in it.

Oh and a few months ago I was looking around debenhams and my bag strap got caught on a big candle holder. It dragged it off the shelf and smashed to pieces, don't know who was embarrassed the most, me, my kids or MY mum!

My whole purpose in life now is to embarass my kids at every opportunity lol! :eek:
Knowing just where to draw the line is the key! (Any my friends are under strict instructions NOT to post any video's taken on nights out unless I have vetted them first).

At least you didn't do it in your underwear. Unless there is more to the story than you are revealing. HMMM! HAHA;):lol:

My fiancée just told me a story that made me spit out my cuppa.

When he was 14 he was sat outside school when a group of kids started giggling! He asked what was up and apparently his dad was sunbathing in the garden and started chatting to them yesterday as they walked by.

Nothing odd there I hear you think, not usually buy my fiancées dad was sunbathing in the front garden in his y fronts with a hanky on his head!! He said he almost died haha

Gawd I'm loving these stories and have sooooo many of my own, I live to embarress my offspring ;)

My daughters (23 & 14) get mortally embarrassed and very grumpy - unless I hurt myself in the process

My son and daughter (20 & 4) think I'm hillarious and are more laid back about being the fool ;) I've photos of my 20yro walking around tesco with my 4yro both wearing peppa pig head hats lol.

I'm not a parent, but my aunt embarrasses her daughter all the time. The most recent was while she was on holiday. My cousins friends turned up at my aunts to ask if she wanted to go to town for a night out (my cousin is 18 and my Aunt 61). Obviously there was pics on Facebook, and my cousin has a fit from Portugal saying she was embarrassed there was pics of my aunt with a group of her friends in a nightclub.
Fair doo's though, the whole family acts the same age so its always a good night when we get together and even the friends turn up
For a few drinks and a laugh xoxo

Latest posts

Back