Help Lizard Skin - spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cute nails

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I had a client in today who has spray tans weekly and also uses the sun beds some times just before the spray tan, over a period of time she has been getting lizard skin, she uses a body scrub on a regular basis and moisturizes, I have told her to have a rest from the spray tans for a while but is this normal when you have spray tans once a week, is this because she not allowing to let her skin have a rest, she loves having a realy dark tan and replaced sunbeds with the spraytans but is now going back to the beds.

(I use Sudo Ultra Dark she has very dark skin to begin with)

Am I doing something wrong when doing the spray tan? can anyone shed and light on this?

Please Help

xx

Hi Guys

I had a client in today who has spray tans weekly and also uses the sun beds some times just before the spray tan, over a period of time she has been getting lizard skin, she uses a body scrub on a regular basis and moisturizes, I have told her to have a rest from the spray tans for a while but is this normal when you have spray tans once a week, is this because she not allowing to let her skin have a rest, she loves having a really dark tan and replaced sunbeds with the spray-tans but is now going back to the beds.

(I use Sudo Ultra Dark she has very dark skin to begin with)

Am I doing something wrong when doing the spray tan? can anyone shed and light on this?

Please Help

xx

Hi Sharon,
mm not convinced that the reason is the fact this customer is having both a spray tan and then going on the sunbed....although if she does go on weekly she may well have extra dry skin which could be the cause of the problem.
Just as a point..when she goes on the sunbed after having her spray tan ..does she then apply a suntan lotion to her skin....just a thought?

Has she always had this duo treatment for some time now and is this just a recent occurrence??

There is also no reason why a spray tan cannot be applied on a weekly basis..provided that pre and post care maintenance regime's are maintained.....maybe you are applying to much solution...how much solution do you use per application?

Hi Sharon,
mm not convinced that the reason is the fact this customer is having both a spray tan and then going on the sunbed....although if she does go on weekly she may well have extra dry skin which could be the cause of the problem.
Just as a point..when she goes on the sunbed after having her spray tan ..does she then apply a suntan lotion to her skin....just a thought?

Has she always had this duo treatment for some time now and is this just a recent occurrence??

There is also no reason why a spray tan cannot be applied on a weekly basis..provided that pre and post care maintenance regime's are maintained.....maybe you are applying to much solution...how much solution do you use per application?

Hi Thanks Collin for replying.

She goes on the sunbed first and does not apply any cream before, she has only been doing a duo for a few goes now but she does have very dry skin,

I did tell her to get a good exfolater, she only has lizard skin on legs and arms.

when applying the product I don't know if you know the sudo air gun but I only fill it up to the bottom of the label just below 1/4 of a cup I do it that way so I can keep an eye on how much is used.

also when I done my training with sudo I was showed to spray once and then a light mist over, last year I retrained with sienna x, I love that one and was only told to spray once, which does seams better as you are not wasting product, trouble is clients were used to being sprayed twice and when you just do one they think they are being cheated, dont think they care that you DO know what you are doing lol.

Hi Thanks Collin for replying.

She goes on the sunbed first and does not apply any cream before, she has only been doing a duo for a few goes now but she does have very dry skin,

I did tell her to get a good exfolater, she only has lizard skin on legs and arms.

when applying the product I don't know if you know the sudo air gun but I only fill it up to the bottom of the label just below 1/4 of a cup I do it that way so I can keep an eye on how much is used.

also when I done my training with sudo I was showed to spray once and then a light mist over, last year I retrained with sienna x, I love that one and was only told to spray once, which does seams better as you are not wasting product, trouble is clients were used to being sprayed twice and when you just do one they think they are being cheated, dont think they care that you DO know what you are doing lol.

It is her very dry skin that is causing the lizard effect,
she needs to moisturise morning and night until her skin improves and then she can moisturise once a day,
when you have had a spray tan one of the most important after care routines is the moisturising,
the more she moisturises the more natural her tan will look (without removing any colour) and her skin will be happy for it too, hth :hug:

It is simply because her skin has become far too dry from sunbed use. Nothing to do with what you are doing xxx

she needs a cream that she can buy over the counter called doublebase. its super hydrating, I have extremely dry skin on my legs (lizard skin defo!) and its the only thing that works for me.

i dont know how it will affect your spray tanning though as it a super hospital grade emoliient.

tigi

Thank you guys

she is going to give the spray tans a miss untill it has gone and then we will give them a go and I have stressed to her about the aftercare must be followed.

xx

Latest posts

Back