Help needed from Jane Iredale Stockists !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombini

Reaction score
I have a client that wants a dark brownish lipstick and all the JI Lip colours I have in are more red - plummy colours and I have found the lip chart to not be that accurate and Head Office were unbelievably useless when I called last week :irked:

So I wondered if any of you could reccommend some shades as a guideline my client loves the lip gloss iced mocha and would like a similar shade in a lip colour.

Anyone ? What happened to all the other JI lovers......don't tell me u jumped ship !!:lol::green:

Maybe if you PM Martigirl she is a Jane Iredale stockist and may be able to help.
I love the products, but don't use the lipsticks (yet).

Thanks Izzi, It totally slipped my mind that Angela also stocks JI, :) have sent her a pm now.

They dont really do any dark brownish colours.

Hi,
They do a few dark brown shades in lipsticks and glosses. Try Halle, which I think is their darkest brown shade, or Toffee lipgloss. The rest are a little more plummy, such as Kate, Ashley, Catherine. Jane Iredale should be able to send you some sample size lippies, I think they are 50p each + vat.
The only thing that has kept me with Jane Iredale for the last 4 years is the quality of make up - as their client care skills leave much to be desired. I used to spend around £1000 per year with them on lippies alone for my bridal make up work, but have now cut that right back because of it.
Anyway, hope that helps!

Hi again,
I'm flabbergasted!
I finally got them at JI tosend me their new price list (I've only been phoning for 6 months for one), they emailed it to me, and on checking the prices I would have fallen over if I had not been sitting down already!
Can anyone tell me why their lipsticks have jumped from £15 rrp to £26 rrp? The eye singles from £12 rrp to £22 rrp, duos £23.50 to £42, and triples £25 to £43?????
No wonder that they were slow sending it. All the foundations that I have topped up with this year have not changed, so why the other things? And why so much?
I will DEFINITELY be looking elsewhere, this is the last straw!

What is the date on your price list (the one they've just sent?)

The reason I ask is that they have recently sent me out an updated price list (effective July 08) and the prices are unchanged (Lipcolour rrp £15, duo shadows rrp £23.30, triples rrp £25).

???

Last edited:
In the end my client purchased a lip colour in Rose as the colours HO suggested Ashley, Sharon & Sarah were not imo a chocolate brown or anything similar so Rose was the only one that she liked.

Skyeowl I did suggets Halle as had that in stock but she found it to dark.

I think your price list must be a misprint as I had an updated one through with my order on Wednesday and none of the prices have changed on mine.

Hi All,
Well, it would be a relief if it were a misprint, let me tell you! It is an exel document, and has no date on it. I will have to call them on Monday to query it!
Sorry to go off subject, but I was so utterly flabbergasted at it!
I'm glad your client found her lippy colour in the end, Bombini!

Checked today and Rachel was the only chocolate brown I could see but it did have an orange base.
#
Rose is a favourite of mine

All is well. I phoned this week and found out that it was a mistake where the conversion from euros became mixed up.
Thank goodness for that!

Annie and Emma are quite dark browny toned colours. Or sarah is similar to iced mocha.

Latest posts

Back