help on eyeshadow application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette

Reaction score
Hi all
I was wondering if anyone knew of any step by steps on the web that can help me with eyeshadow application as Im just not that great at it, knowing which colours go best and how to do that "jordan" look so on a night out my eyes are more defined. Thanks paulette xx

i dont know any links but i'm sure someone else will.

Just my opinon but i dont believe in these colour rules. Applied properly any colour can suit any eye. I have blue eyes and they always say dont wear blue but I do!!!

hth

becki xxx

I have seen this one thanks, anyone have any different sites or advice for me.

I believe the key is to use a good foundation for the colour to grasp onto, and good blending, building up with colour is good, and darker colour going into the crease of the eye. Be careful of the shape of the eye as instead of looking wide awake you can end up looking like youve got little slits to peep out of...its good to try different things like blue with blue eyes....but a navy..not a plum.....brown on brown eyes...add some gold as a higlighter, and khol pencil blended over the top.....I have used a deep blue as a liner for the bottom....but blend blend blend....lashings of mascara and dont forget to groom your eyebows:)

i also would love to know how to do the glamour model eye make up look for a night out... ive tried so many times but always looks crap and like i have panda eyes!!! :-( im hoping to be able to do it for the beg of nov cos ive got a big night out and wana look glam!

any help!
xx

The best advice I have for any you wanting to learn new makeup techniques is to book a makeup lesson with an experienced makeup artist. They will either have a studio for you to visit, or will come to your house. It would be more cost effective if a group of you and some friends were to book the makeup artist for a group lesson, but whichever path you choose - single or group - your money will be well spent and totally worth it.

Start thinking of questions you want to ask a couple of weeks before and start writing them down....lots will come to you!

And don't for goodness' sake think by makeup artist I mean makeup counter sales assistant. The difference is two days training versus years of training and hands-on, on-the-job experience, and is often an expensive mistake to make.

I love offering clients evening make ups it gets my creative juices flowing :)
With applying eyeshadow little at a time is my advice, slowly build the colour up and blend. Invest in a good shadow brush this can really make all the difference. I used to think my trust worthy body shop blending brush was good until i bought my mac brush. (Its no 224) It creates a beautiful blend, rather than shadow just being 'placed' there and looking harsh, it melts the colour if that makes sense, giving a smokey appearance.
Also invest in good eyeshadows! highly pigmented shadows in my view are better for achieving bolder looks and they stay put. For darker night time smokey eyes invest in a purple and a grey shadow, not just a black. But depending on what colours you are wanting to use, i tend to use three/four shadows and blend. A lot of people are afraid to take shadow above their eyelid or past their eye socket. Most of the time i do sweep it out and up toward the brow (my description sounds hideous but it really isnt!)
I dont use eyeliner pencil at all i blend under the eyes with a shadow, it gives a lovely soft look. But I do often use a liquid liner on the upper lid on the lash line, it helps define eyes and gives the appearance of fuller lashes. If you have a peaky on the mac website and click on the looks section it does offer some diagrams of different looks.

Hope this helps in some way. xx

there is a product called
eyeshadow stencil

its a stencil for applying your eyeshadow with..

Benefit sell a kit, with all you need for that smokey eye look and step by step instructions too its about a tenner

Benefit sell a kit, with all you need for that smokey eye look and step by step instructions too its about a tenner

I have it :D

Tbh though i think step by steps like that are only any good if you're any good at it iykwim :lol:

Latest posts

Back