Help please! Newbie Geek with problem!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BessieBoo

Reaction score
Hello All. :)

I am a newbie geek, training with CND shortly in all thing nails. However, my problem is with regards to my skin. I bought new skin care range called Origins and since I started using it (2 days) ago, my face has exploded!:cry:

My eyes are burning and the skin is so sore. I went to my pharmacy today and they were extremely unhelpful - told me I had a reaction to it. I think I could have figured that one out myself! However, i've put E45 cream on the area, but I am still suffering and just wondered if anyone would have some advice for me? Thanks for reading this and thanks for any advice that I get!

Claire x

I could have told you that you had a reaction from it aswell !!!....a skin geek will answer that for you just wanted to say hi and welcome to salon geek xx

hi sweetie pie sounds like your in trouble !! i would leave your skin free from anything for a few days till it has calmed down you could try some calomine when your indoors it should help with the soreness, other than that i couldn't advice you. hope it clears up soon :rolleyes:

Do you have any Aloe Vera gel? If so apply that as it will not only sooth but will cool the sensation for you too. Then I would put all you new skincare in the bin!:rolleyes:

Your next step should be to visit a local beauty salon, which you know to have a good reputation, and have a facial and full skin analysis. The therapist will be able to advise you on products that will suit your skin.

Good luck!:hug:

Hiya,
sound like you might need some antihistamins (spelling?).
As we are not medicaly qualified I think the best thing you could do is take a trip down to your g.p.
Calamine lotion should't do any harm and might help.
Hope it gets better for you soon.
xx:hug:xx

Hi all, thanks for the advice! I will try out the advice and head to someone local who can tell me what to use in future!
x

Have you ever had any reaction to any other creams at all are you generally sensitive , are you on any new medication, have you eaten anything new im just trying to get at the fact that is it definately the product.
Anti histamines are probably not worth taking now as the allergen has been removed.
Write down all ingredients in origins and see if you can make a comparison to what you usually use a lot of creams etc contain the same things.Even if you were to seek out advice it may be in that recommended product.
To be honest as a therapist i would want to know what it was you were allergic to before i treated you and i wouldnt touch you without a 24 hour skin test especially as you have had such a bad reaction to what is considered a quality product.
You need to be careful from now on because these types of reactions only tend to get worse.

Last edited:
You sound like you've had a severe reaction to this product. If I were you, I would take an antihistimine tablet like piriton or anything similar. this will lessen your reaction and calm down swelling. E45 is an emolient and wont really help, try antihistimine cream like Anthisan. My mother is a pharmasist and this is what i take when my sensitive skin flares up with new products.If symptoms persist and skin becomes really sore as a result, try a little bit of hydroquortizone cream 1% on affected area. not too often though on your face. hope this helps. Best of luck x jus x

I am a newbie geek, training with CND shortly in all thing nails. However, my problem is with regards to my skin. I bought new skin care range called Origins and since I started using it (2 days) ago, my face has exploded!:cry:

My eyes are burning and the skin is so sore. I went to my pharmacy today and they were extremely unhelpful - told me I had a reaction to it. I think I could have figured that one out myself! However, i've put E45 cream on the area, but I am still suffering and just wondered if anyone would have some advice for me? Thanks for reading this and thanks for any advice that I get!

Claire x[/quote]

Hi again. Thanks for all the advice. Can anyone recommend the best products used in Salons for this type of problem or is this just a matter of personal taste? Sorry if I sound a bit dumb!
x

Hi again. Thanks for all the advice. Can anyone recommend the best products used in Salons for this type of problem or is this just a matter of personal taste? Sorry if I sound a bit dumb!
x

My opinion would be to wait until the reaction has subsided and then look for a skincare range that suits your skin. I would also try to return the Origins products, they will probably give you a refund :hug:

My advice would be to wait until your skin has settled down then visit a trained pro at a salon and let her guide you with your skincare range.

good luck x

Hi there... I only use Origins make-up but have used in the past their skin care range...Sometimes when you try a new Skin care range the skin reacts in a strange way..sometimes worse to get better after a few weeks.What you describe sounds to me like a skin allergie (did you put the moisturiser around the eyes?)Their face products are to be used in small amount because they are concentrated.What I would do is leave your skin as it is without using anything for a few days or u could use something without any perfume, lanolin or parrafin.They are usually these ingredients that causes skin reaction. Which face products did u used? I would not spend my money in any other expensive brand at the moment..but would go back to ur prevoius brand for a while.Let us know.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back