Help please tanning geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicky's nails

Reaction score
just been to collect my kids from school, and one of the mums was nearly suicidal, shes been yesterday and had her nails and hair done in local salon and nails are atrocious, but passable from a distance but the fake bake she had done is horrific.

now she is attending a wedding tomorow and is giving a speech in church etc and is on the top table, so is gonna be very on show iykwim (its her bro's wedding), she has a knee length dress and strappy sandals, now her chest and face are ok, but her arms legs, hands and feet are bloody terrible, patchy, very very dark, much to dark i'd say and there are whole patches missing on her arms and feet, she is absolutley devastated, she went back there this morning and the girl was annoyed that she'd come back, said theres nothing i can do , just scrub at it and as for the nails where the acrylic is all over her fingers told her to file it away herself ffs, the nails i can help her with, but havent got a clue about the tan, is there anything she can do? she is worried thats if she exfoliates anymore it will rub away some of the tan or make it worse, any idea oh tanning geekys ???xxx

thanks xxxxxx:hug:

There is not alot you can suggest chuck really other than scrubs etc. However you could suggest she has a swim at her local pool the chlorine is meant to strip the tan.....worth a go....??

There is not alot you can suggest chuck really other than scrubs etc. However you could suggest she has a swim at her local pool the chlorine is meant to strip the tan.....worth a go....??

lol Lee, dont think she'd be too impressed she's just spent £70 odd having her hair done rofl

thanks hun, will ordinary body scrub help, or does it have to be special stuff for tans?

thanks xx

lol Lee, dont think she'd be too impressed she's just spent £70 odd having her hair done rofl

thanks hun, will ordinary body scrub help, or does it have to be special stuff for tans?

thanks xx

Yeah any scrub will do really, and tell her to rub harder than usual when she gets dried after her bath, is kinda like doing what your NOT meant to do after a tan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah any scrub will do really, and tell her to rub harder than usual when she gets dried after her bath, is kinda like doing what your NOT meant to do after a tan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks hun, thats great xxxxx:hug:

I agree there's not a great deal she's going to be able to do, even a body scrub won't remove all the tan so quickly. What about suggesting something like Mac's face and body foundation? It can be applied to the body like a foundation and will at least help to even out the 'patchyness'...poor lady I bet she won't be going back to the salon in a hurry! Hope this helps x

has she washed the colour off ? or ids it the guide colouur ? coz fake bake dont usually go patchy , its usually really good
if shes already had a shower i would say try buffing the bits that are dark to try blend em with the faded bits ,
also she could appy some bronzer to the faded bits to make it less noticable ,
hth dee xxx

Nicky, tell her to get an oil based cleanser.....for example Clarins do one called Tonic Express or something. Its a one step cleanser and toner (although Clarins my be a bit expensive for this cleansing job...but needs must in an emergency!!)

Oil wil help strip and bring to the surface the excessively dark patches, so use that before she then has a good scrub. I understand this is a good recipe by AmydeMan in this thread here....Haylz used it last week to strip out the remains of her St Tropez tan with good success.

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/50877-exfoliation.html

Its not going to shift it all, as its fresh tan, but its better than scrubbing her skin raw with rough exfoliater!

Then I'd then suggest, in this instance she use a gradual tanner as a moisturiser, try and even things out a bit. The only OTC one I would even contemplate is St Tropez Everyday. She could put some on tonight and some tomorrow and it will help bring the colour back more evenly. Tell her to go lightly....several light layers are better than one thick one.

Nicky tell her to use the recipe in the thread that Lyndsay has given you, you need to tell her to scrub scrub scrub, my tan wasnt budging and I looked shocking tbh, then Lyndsay gave me the link and voila, my skin is tan free and smooth as a babies bum!

thank you all so much for your replies, i have passed on this to her, and hope when i see her monday, that she had some success, knew you lot would come to the rescue

on the plus side, no she wont use that salon again, and she is coming to me for nails next week, so half of the school playground saw her awful nails and tan, so they will bloody well see the set i put on her next week too, lolol, maybe it will stick in their minds eh

xxxxx

I did a bad tan on myself once, I had a very long soak in a bubble bath, the tan was alot lighter after that..not sure if it will work, give it a go.

jenx

Poor thing. I hope the above suggestions work for her. I hear so many tan horror stories from clients who are frightened to have another spray tan after previous experiences. Its nice to be able to restore their confidence.
Its great that you will be able to transform her nails for her. Lets hope the good word spreads! x

Latest posts

Back