Help! Taking pro products on flight

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosey

Reaction score
I have never been to Scotland and am thinking about entering the Scottish Beauty comp in May which gives me an excuse to stay a few days extra and explore Edinburgh! :)

As I live in the South west, a train is around 7 hours :eek: and I don't fancy driving such a long way either so would prefer to get a flight from Bristol or Birmingham.

Just wondering if any other geeks have flown with comp equipment and what we are allowed to take in the way of gels, polish remover etc etc.

I would need everything to do the tip and gel overlay category.

Thanks! :hug:

I don't know the exact details, you are best to contact the Company with which you are flying.

I know you will not be allowed to carry anything in your hand luggage, if you do, they will confiscate it. That is tools, liquids, polished etc. Especially anything flammable.

Be really careful with liquid if using l & p, I dont mind admitting that I took mine on a flight to cyprus and it leaked all over by bag (something to do with air pressure)silly sod!!!

Your best bet really is to ask whoever you booked your flight with, then you have the EXACT details.

HTH's

(ps: Edinburgh is a beautiful city, you'll love it!!!)

I have given BMI a call and the lady i spoke to said i could pretty much take anything in the hold as long as the suitcase was below the 20kg weight limit. I asked if flammable liquids etc was OK and she said she was sure it would be fine. So i will go ahead and book online.

Wonder whether the air pressure will cause the gels to expand and leak?? I would like to have taken my mobile trolley but guess it would get battered by the baggage handlers! So will have to think of how to take everything around with me at the show. Don't really want to lug a suitcase with me all day! Actually saying that we will have checked out of the hotel on Sunday so will have our cases with us anyway - I will have to check if there is storage at the show??

im afraid you cannot take monomer onboard with you whether it be in hold or hand luggage, thats why it costs so much to import liquid because of the strict regualtions about the carriage of such items

unfortunatly plenty of airlines will say yes when you ask them , and i think the reason is that they quite simply dont know what they are talking about.

i cannot find the thread im want , but do a search on monomer, planes etc and you will find this has been discussed many times, i know someone who was stopped after her suitcase was searched and she was in serious trouble for having monomer with her (travle size i may add) the risks of it exploding are immense and dangerous

please think seriously about this

hths xxxx
found a thread
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/942-travelling-monomer.html

Last edited:
Could you arrange for someone to have what you need waiting at the other end for you?

Its actually gel products that I need to take so monomer wont be a problem because I am not entering any L&P. Unfortunately I don't know anyone that I can send my kit onto and to send back.

Hoping gels etc should be ok?

As someone said previously I'm not sure customer services really understood what i was going on about and i am worried about getting stuff confiscated at the airport.

Last edited:
The monomer would be classed as dangeous goods and would be put into a particular classification. BUT as long as it is checked in i dont see why it cant be taken if put into a box with the correct label and classification on, and that the crew are made aware of the fact. It would have to be well packaged tho. This is worth checking out

Latest posts

Back