Help with BLUE NAIL client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2littletoys

Reaction score
Hi all- i ve a friend of mine thats been a very loyal model through all my training, however she has very bad circulation- hence BLUE NAIL.

I ve recently put some l & p enchancements on her but it has crystalised in zone 3. She says it doesnt matter- as i explained why its happening- but id love to do her a perfect set.

Ive tried giving her a hand and arm massage 1st to improve this- but no joy :cry:

Do any of you more expierenced geeks have any advice???

thanks all

You could try working over a heated pad? I'm sure someone mentioned one the otherday which was like a small electric blanket, or something like a hotwater bottle under towels or a wheat bag.

Does this only happen with this one client? Could it be something like your mix ratio?
xx

You could try working over a heated pad? I'm sure someone mentioned one the otherday which was like a small electric blanket, or something like a hotwater bottle under towels or a wheat bag.

Does this only happen with this one client? Could it be something like your mix ratio?
xx

thanks- only the one client it happens to- she does have it very bad- the lunula is very blue and her hands are FREEZING!:eek:

xx
this was just what i was thinking as im sure ive also heard or read it in a thread somewhere that other geeks do this.
im sure someone will post that has used this method to tell you the outcome as i have never had to do.
i hope it works for you though.xx

I would guess the crystalised product would be due to improper mix ratio.....working too dry.
Bad circulation, I would assume, would only hinder the products set time. I think you can get warming units for your monomer dish, which might help, I haven't used them before, but I know they are out there somewhere.

crystalisation definately occurs when hands are very cold - i had it happen several times on one client when i used the product before i use now - solved by giving her a hot cuppa and a water bottle for her to rest her hands on.

good luck x

crystalisation definately occurs when hands are very cold - i had it happen several times on one client when i used the product before i use now - solved by giving her a hot cuppa and a water bottle for her to rest her hands on.

good luck x

Thanks- hot water bottle is a good idea :)

just to mirror what others have said.
crystalisation is due to a colder temperature and a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel for the clients hands to rest on should work just fine...................
but..............there are liquid and powder systems out there that do not crystalise even if the temp is a lot cooler.....
I know personally with me i had a friend who suffered from terribly cold hands and it was nsi simplisite (sp) range and pinnacle that crystalised.
with Ezflow...i have never had any problems with crystalization...hth

Are you storing your products in ambient conditions or are your products cold as well as the hands. If working and storing your products in ambient conditions, I can't really see the cold hands making such a big difference to the way your products are performing?

xx

it was me , have a look in the argos catalogue. its designed for relieving muscle pain its in the personal care section i think. about £17. its an absolute boon if you have cold clients or a cold room. just feels like a little luxury, my clients love it.

thanks for all the help!:)

Latest posts

Back