Help with eyelash perms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jan123

Reaction score
Hi all
I keep having the same results :cry: ..one eye better (left) than the other, Im right-handed. The right side does not curl as nice as the other side. I am usually seated on the right side as well. :mad: Is this happening to anyone else? Do you start rolling lashes from inner to outer corner?? I don't want to give up...but I need any tips or advice ASAP..next perm is scheduled for Thursday.

I always roll from the inner corner to the outer corner, but im not sure that makes a difference. I always sit at the head of the couch/bed rather than at the side.
Ive never had this problem before...when you have curled the lashes over the rollers, do they both look the same or is the right eye not sticking to the rollers properly?
Do you put the covering (like clingfilm) over the eyelashes after you have put on the perm lotion?

Thanks for your response...when I roll the lashes they look the same to me...but Im going to try doing it overhead...no I don't usually cover the eyes while processing. Do use a clear plastic Saran Wrap covering? I will try that too. How long to leave solution on? 15 minutes on thick dark lashes? I was also thinking do you think if I had the client curl her lashes just before treatment they will be easier to roll..especially if they are long and straight?
Thanks again for your comments!:wink2:

Do you do the left eye first? could it be that your product is on that eye a little longer so hence the better results? Maybe you sit the roller on that eye better than the right?

Yeah...I think that is what Im doing..not sitting rod correctly on one of them. DO you sit roller on lower side of base or higher side of base...hope that makes sense :rolleyes:

Sorry to add a new question but it's about lash perms too...what kind of cling film do you use as the one I brought recently melted and stuck to the lashes!!! not good :cry:

I use normal shop bought clingfilm and that seems to work fine for me, but i recently bought the proper covering from Beauty Express but i am yet to give that a try. I got a huge roll for around £3.

Do you have web address handy? Thank you

Rach said:
I use normal shop bought clingfilm and that seems to work fine for me, but i recently bought the proper covering from Beauty Express but i am yet to give that a try. I got a huge roll for around £3.

I bought this roll too and its a lot better than normal clingfilm which I found stuck to the rods and I have ended up pulling off the rods in the attempt to get the clingfilm off the lashes inbetween perm and fix solution. The roll from Beauty Express is stiffer some how and it doesnt seem to 'cling' to the rods lol!

I have just done eyelashes from hell... the poor lady had poker straight lashes and it took me an age to get them to curl .. I had to use extra adhesive (the first time ever) to get them to curl. All done now tho and the client is very pleased :) Its worth the extra effort for the results :)

Just a small thing I do differently ............
I find that normal cling-film is Ok if I leave a 'bubble' of it above each eye, so that it doesn't stick to the roller so easily, but still creates the required warmth. I don't put a towel or anything over it (that would flatten the 'bubble' ) - I just dim the lights a bit to reduce glare.

Angelaznailz said:
Just a small thing I do differently ............
I find that normal cling-film is Ok if I leave a 'bubble' of it above each eye, so that it doesn't stick to the roller so easily, but still creates the required warmth. I don't put a towel or anything over it (that would flatten the 'bubble' ) - I just dim the lights a bit to reduce glare.

Ah ... :!:
Now I didnt realise the cling film was to add warmth.. but to help keep the lashes in position. Hence sticking to the rods as I pack it close to the lashes and then cover with a towel to keep out the glare of the lights. My trainer told me that the cling film would save you using extra glue on the majority in the cases.

My lash perm came out perfect today...Im so happy!!Finally I got it down!! Used the Saran cling wrap, waited about 15 minutes and only applied from lash base to middle, and rolled lashes on from inner to outer. Lashes came out beautiful !! Thanks for the tips!

Nail FX said:
Ah ... :!:
Now I didnt realise the cling film was to add warmth.. but to help keep the lashes in position. Hence sticking to the rods as I pack it close to the lashes and then cover with a towel to keep out the glare of the lights. My trainer told me that the cling film would save you using extra glue on the majority in the cases.

I create the bubble affect too. The cling film and towel is defo to add warmth so it works quicker, it shouldn't touch the rod if you can help it. Otherwise every time you try and take it off it pulls on the lashes and weakens them, and also pulls the rod out of alignment. I find with the glue that if you lave it for a minute then it's easier to get the lashes to stick to it and so you need very little glue anyway.

Latest posts

Back