Help with gel NNO

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fancynails

Reaction score
Hi I have a huge prob whit one off my clients, From the beginning she started whit skulpts how become NNO, she hade major lifting in the beginning but we sorted the out whit nailfresh, (she is on some sort off medical for diabetiker, don´t know the enghlish word for that:rolleyes: ) So no lift BUT her nails curls away from the gel (Brisa) on ALLLLL nails!! I cap and cap the free edge, but it dosen´t help:!: What can I do (else than skulp?)

OOPPPS... My prep is ok, it´s only this client....

I found that applying forms and extending a nail just a bit helps with NNO.
No more free edge separation.
In case your client is clear NNO(no white) you will extend your clear on your form just a bit.After curing ,you will shape and file your nails adjusting the length.You should leave a tiny bit of new created extension ,without filing it off completely.If you have e-file you can use your cone bit to clean under nails and it will blend in nicely.
If your client prefer Permanent French look ,you will use your white gel.

I'm assuming that Diabetiker translated from Swedish to English is Diabetic (Diabetes)... ???

I have a client who is diabetic, insulin controlled, we had the very same problems, her nails were always curling away from her Brisa enhancements and she suffered free edge problems and chipping... trial and error gave me an alternative, she now has a single colour overlay and has opted for the more 'natural' look rather than bright french. No more problems :D

Try doing a single colour overlay for a few weeks and see how she gets on with it.
Fingers crossed it works for you.

I also had problems a while back with brisa peeling off at the free-edge on nno I tried nail fresh and scrub fresh and still had problems, I have found that like Lana has said that extending the free-edge slightly on a form seems to stop it happening.

I also had problems a while back with brisa peeling off at the free-edge on nno I tried nail fresh and scrub fresh and still had problems, I have found that like Lana has said that extending the free-edge slightly on a form seems to stop it happening.
That little bit of extension acts as a cast and it does not allow natural nail to curl away .Using a cuticle oil helps a lot too.

If the nail is curling like that, its DRY, and needs to be oiled on a regular basis. Make sure your client does her HOME work and oils at LEAST 2 times daily to keep her enhancements in good shape, AND her own nails. Make it her at home prescription :)

I'm assuming that Diabetiker translated from Swedish to English is Diabetic (Diabetes)... ???

I have a client who is diabetic, insulin controlled, we had the very same problems, her nails were always curling away from her Brisa enhancements and she suffered free edge problems and chipping... trial and error gave me an alternative, she now has a single colour overlay and has opted for the more 'natural' look rather than bright french. No more problems :D

Try doing a single colour overlay for a few weeks and see how she gets on with it.
Fingers crossed it works for you.
Don´t really know what you mean whit singel colour overlay:rolleyes: On her nails now she only wear warm pink and finish gloss. And she had it for 4 days and all her nails curled away. And this is my best client, don´t wan´t to loos her :cry:

Trust Lana's advice here ... it is good and correct.

All gels tend to chip at the free edge on a NNO if you do not extend the length a bit. Something has to take the impact when it happens and if the free edge is not extended then the two surfaces (the natural nail and the product) will tend to be split apart. Makes perfect sense.

It could be that her natural nails are more curved at the sides

When you apply the gel, make sure that they are well prepped and totally dry before you begin.

Try and get as close as you can to the sides (without touching)
I find that using a smaller brush with a pointed tip on more curved nails helps.

Get a firm grip of the clients finger and use your nail to push back her skin at the free edge, so that you can cap it properly.

99% of the customers visiting our salon are gel NNO's and chipping at the free edge is certainly not a problem for us

Gina xx

Thank u so much for all the answers!
I´m going to use forms on friday,

But do I need to file the most off the gel off because off the chip?? This have never happend to me before so I´m a bit confuised:rolleyes: Most off my clients are NNO and I have no probs whit them.
:hug:

File away all the gel that is chipping off and leave what you can on there to save you from having to re-apply the whole lot.

Gina xx

I found that applying forms and extending a nail just a bit helps with NNO.
No more free edge separation.
In case your client is clear NNO(no white) you will extend your clear on your form just a bit.After curing ,you will shape and file your nails adjusting the length.You should leave a tiny bit of new created extension ,without filing it off completely.If you have e-file you can use your cone bit to clean under nails and it will blend in nicely.
If your client prefer Permanent French look ,you will use your white gel.

I dont use this brand, but with a couple of clients, no matter how I cap, the free edge lifts.
As said above, I found this was the best way to 'cap' these difficult clients. But filing nail slightly shorter than wanted, then extending with a sculpt and capping it that way.
Since I've started doing that, no more lifting at the free edge.:green:

Latest posts

Back