help with male tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joolz

Reaction score
hiya all
when tanning men how do you deal with the hairs or does the solution wash off them when they shower ive done a search on this but cant find the answer
thanks very much in advance

Only ever done my hubby who is very fair and not too hairy, the guide colour washed off in the shower but he looked great.

i use Tantrick solution with the Minimist
hth's

Hi Joolz,

The tanning solution will wash off body hair in the shower, but if you have a really hairy client and the solution is clinging in droplets to his hair, try adjusting the spray so that it's not as wet when it comes out (more air, less solution, if that makes sense) - you may also find holding the spray gun a little further away from the skin and moving slightly faster helps too.

A good HVLP system should be strong enough to blow the hair right out of the way so that the tan gets down to the skin, but if you're still having problems you can blow over just with air to help dry the solution, or move onto a different body part and allow the first area to dry before respraying lightly a second time.

Other Geeks tan hairy male clients by spraying up the body at a slight angle to ensure the hair blows out the way, although I haven't tried this myself (thanks to Loulou for that tip!).

I use the Tantrick HVLP system at my men's salon and I it works brilliantly on hairy fellas, it just takes a little practice!! :D

Andy x

thanks to you both i have the same hvlp machine so should go ok
thanks again

great advise from axiom (as always!)
i have quite a few male clients, some have more body hair than others but i've never had a problem when spraying,i always get a nice even tan.

Other Geeks tan hairy male clients by spraying up the body at a slight angle to ensure the hair blows out the way, although I haven't tried this myself (thanks to Loulou for that tip!).

Oh thanks Andy, someone taking notice at last (only kidding) xx
I do find this works, my hubby is very hairy - nice big chest rug and by spraying in this way he has a great tan.

xx

Yep i do the same as LouLou but be soemthing to do with being called Lou Lol. I find spraying in reverse works really well for male clients and the air pressure pushes the ahir out of the way so the skin takes the solution and not the hair.

Yep i do the same as LouLou but be soemthing to do with being called Lou Lol. I find spraying in reverse works really well for male clients and the air pressure pushes the ahir out of the way so the skin takes the solution and not the hair.

Think I am being thick here Scatty - what do you mean by spraying in reverse? :lol:

Think I am being thick here Scatty - what do you mean by spraying in reverse? :lol:

No its not you its the way i said it lol.

When you start sprayign the back for example you would normally go from the shoulder down to the bqck , well with a hairy man i would start at the back and spray to the shoulder, in reverse see. with the legs i start at the bottom and work up.

HTH

No its not you its the way i said it lol.

When you start sprayign the back for example you would normally go from the shoulder down to the bqck , well with a hairy man i would start at the back and spray to the shoulder, in reverse see. with the legs i start at the bottom and work up.

HTH

Oh - I get you now! :) makes sense!

Latest posts

Back