Help with manicure level 2 college assignment!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nonsense, if it is worth doing, you just search for the answers.

Everyone here is happy to help, where we can. We have all done our homework which is how we really learnt.
Exactly
and a great number of us continue to do research all the time to develop our understanding and knowledge even after passing our courses,
get used to home work girls this career is a life long learning curve and to keep ahead of the game is to keep updating your knowledge with more courses

Expecting others to give us the answers for homework is lazy IMO.

just for the lady who mentioned that asking people for info is 'lazy' - I am not lazy for one minute
I don't mind being quoted, providing I'm being quoted on what I actually wrote :wink2:

A lot of us run our businesses alongside busy home lives, that's the price we pay for wanting to fulfil our dreams of working in our chosen professions.

The point, which I believe has been missed, is that we 'should' feel proud knowing that we've done our own research, asking for guidance and pointers is perfectly fine but do we really feel proud knowing that we've not done the research ourselves? I think possibly not!

just for the lady who mentioned that asking people for info is 'lazy' - I am not lazy for one minute - i have two young children to look after a house to clean mountains of washing and meals to cook, I still manage to fit the gym in 4 times a week and drop my son off and pick him up from school and now my college course which I really look forward to going to every week ! (these will apply to a lot of other ladies on here too) I would much rather ask someone for info that i cannot find after sitting up until 1am looking for it than to sit there without a clue and look stupid!

......and breathe out lol!

ellie (sorry had to get it off my chest lol):wink2:

Ellie.

I wish you luck with your course , and as you said in your above quote, you have a life as well outside college.

Thats life though hunni. I am in the same boat. I too have 2 children, at different schools 8 mile away from each other, whom i take to school and fetch back. I have housework and cooking and shopping and now im at uni doing a degree for the next 3 yrs, and running a business as well. Plus taking the kids to karate, swimming, netball and other stuff after school. Plus looking afer a puppy and another dog. Plus all the work i will have to do at home in order to pass the course. Plus case studie etc etc.

But thats my choice. Iv done it all before when i did my training, and i will do it again.
When was doing a full time holistic therapy course, i had all the above to do PLUS I had a dying mother, who died during that time, and i still had to carry on.
Its called passion and commitment. Thats what we have to do to get our qualifications. You only get out of it what you put into it.

Qualifications arent handed out on a plate, you have to make sacrifices in all areas of your life, and doing research is a huge part of it. Its bloody hard work ,and thats why peeps get narked when other peeps come along and ask for answers to assignments.

I'm not asking for help with my homework nor i ever will.

I am not having a go at anyone, and i FULLY understand where you are coming from, truly, but try and see it from other angles, which I have no doubt that you can see it that way anyway.

Im just putting my ten pennys worth in as per, and i apologise if i have said anything that may offend, thats not my intent.

Good luck xx Elaine xx

just for the lady who mentioned that asking people for info is 'lazy' - I am not lazy for one minute - i have two young children to look after a house to clean mountains of washing and meals to cook, I still manage to fit the gym in 4 times a week and drop my son off and pick him up from school and now my college course which I really look forward to going to every week ! (these will apply to a lot of other ladies on here too) I would much rather ask someone for info that i cannot find after sitting up until 1am looking for it than to sit there without a clue and look stupid!

......and breathe out lol!

ellie (sorry had to get it off my chest lol):wink2:
She may have said lazy way out but read the link and you will understand why alot of very talented and busy people on here have replied the way they have.
I have 5 children, one of whom has adhd, my hubby is disabled. I to have a house to clean mountians of washing. I was doing two courses at college and did all my homework my self, all the research everything.
You said you go to the gym 4 times a week, I would love to find time for that, give one trip to the gym up to do your research, it is the only way you will learn properly.
I do not mean to sound harsh that is not my intention and please don't take my answer the wrong way.
There my rant off my chest.lol:wink2:

Last edited:
I couldnt have put it better myself!! Think we could go round in circles here all night couldnt we hun? Think the bottom line is , everyone is intiltled to their opinion and there are people on here that dont mind helping people with their home work. So if a thread is posted on here bout it then the people that dont like it should simply not read it and give people a chance that want to help,help.
If theres anything i can help you with hun pm me and i'll do my best to help you xxx

thanks kylie its really nice of you. I totally agree with what you said too! I have trawled the net for ages often until midnight looking for info, but have now finished my first lot of assignments (thanks to the info and links of the helpful ladies on here!) am on msn too if you ever want a natter over a cuppa lol (although you might have to make your own cuppa ha ha!) xxxx

Hiya,

I also find the Complete Nail Technician my bible at the mo! :Love: Really helps with my homework, assignments etc. You may find it in the library or you may even find 2nd hand copies that ex-students don't want anymore on ebay or Amazon etc. I had to buy mine brand new as I intend on keeping it at my side forever lol! :wink2:

D* xXx

hi dawn i am going to have a look on amazon etc for the book sounds really useful! thank you!

Why not pm someone who will give you some advice? Sometimes it's just easier than having to trawl through dozens of posts trying to see who might help you and who might not.

I think it's a shame... it's obvious to me that you are a genuine person and was making an effort to find the answers and were hoping to get some confirmation that you were looking along the right lines. I'm sure you'll make a great technician.

Hopefully people won't stop asking questions or else there'd be no posts for me to sit her reading for hours and hours on end.... sad person that I am :)

Why not pm someone who will give you some advice? Sometimes it's just easier than having to trawl through dozens of posts trying to see who might help you and who might not.

I think it's a shame... it's obvious to me that you are a genuine person and was making an effort to find the answers and were hoping to get some confirmation that you were looking along the right lines. I'm sure you'll make a great technician.

Hopefully people won't stop asking questions or else there'd be no posts for me to sit her reading for hours and hours on end.... sad person that I am :)

thankyou! I darent ask for any more advice now! lol xxxxx

thanks kylie its really nice of you. I totally agree with what you said too! I have trawled the net for ages often until midnight looking for info, but have now finished my first lot of assignments (thanks to the info and links of the helpful ladies on here!) am on msn too if you ever want a natter over a cuppa lol (although you might have to make your own cuppa ha ha!) xxxx

Its nice to know that we have someone who can point you in the right direction to the helpful ladies. Nice geeky spirit going on here .:eek:

xx

Latest posts

Back