Hey Hey whats cooking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
1 cup butter, softened
1 Cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. almond extract
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 3/4 C flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3/4 cup whole blanched almonds
red food coloring
and/or
1 tube red decorator gel

Makes About 5 Dozen Cookies

Preheat oven to 325° F. Combine dry ingredients. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.

In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, egg, almond extract and vanilla, beat in dry ingredients. Cover and refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.

Working with one-quarter of the dough at a time and keeping remaining dough refrigerated, roll heaping teaspoons full of dough into finger shape for each cookie. Press an almond firmly into one end for nail. Squeeze in center to create a knuckle shape and use a paring knife make slashes in several places to form knuckle. If you want to paint the nails, use some red food coloring that's been diluted with water and brush on with a clean artist's brush.

Place cookies on the prepared cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until pale golden. Let cool for three minutes. If desired, lift up almond and squeeze red decorator gel onto nail bed and press almond back in place so gel oozes out from underneath.

Remove from cookie sheet and let cool on a wire rack. Repeat with remaining dough.

Attachments

• fingers.jpg
    fingers.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 92
  • fin2.gif
    fin2.gif
    7.6 KB · Views: 108
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew nasty !

i thought that was a plate of dead sausages that had grew finger nails :lol: sorry hunny, but it tickled me

MINKUS said:
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew nasty !

Dont you like lol
just think of the designs you could do on them :)

Peter Pan said:
i thought that was a plate of dead sausages that had grew finger nails :lol: sorry hunny, but it tickled me

They need to be thinner lmao

ooooooh they look like my fat little podgy fingers.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xxx:hug:

they are hilarious! bless you for sharing your recipe. I like the red nails!! xx:green:

they look awful but i bet they taste nice :lol:

OMG I'd feel like Hannibal Lechter eating one of those ... phw phw phw phw with a litle Chianti!!!!!! Lell you're a scream!!!

Ecellent for halloween lell lol x bet the kids loved making them or was it mum?

scattyfox said:
Ecellent for halloween lell lol x bet the kids loved making them or was it mum?

Brill for halloween they look spooky!!!

oooh i think thats a great idea ..i think ill have to come over all mumsy and make some of these for halloween too
i have to admit i do find them scary lol ...but the thought of telling my kids and mates,i have made them some cookies/cakes, and then producing these babies makes me giggle my head off lol :green:

They are for Hallowen really but thought the nails could be painted anyway really lol

:eek: Move over the nail trainer, now theres an edible version !

Latest posts

Back