Hi Lift Grey Hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topcuts

Reaction score
Hi
First time this has happened to me
I did a root colour on a 100% grey hair today using hi lift tint which is what she normally has apparently and it only gave about 60% coverage...she was happy with it, the client next to her liked it but I wasnt happy with it so I told her I wouldnt charge her for the tint

My partner has told me tonight that I should not have given it to her free and that everyone will expect it, but she didnt ask me, she didnt even complain she liked it, it was my decision as IIIIIIII wasnt happy SO

Why did it not cover 100% and was I wrong or right to make the decision.

highlift tint isnt all that great on grey in my opinion, it will merely be depositing tone on it and if it is very resistant grey using a high peroxide on it wont help deposit much as it aimed at lifting. . .
as for the charging, i wuda mabye given her slight discount due to the fact she was happy with it. . . not no charge at all x

High lifts are tricky with grey, its hard to get them all coverd. At the end of the day, youre the stylist, it was youre choice, i would of done the same as the lady above said, maybe given her a discount but not free :)

Are you saying that another stylist usually does her color, or that you have done this process on her yourself in the past?
Hilifit is not designed for grey hair, that being said there are many color applications that I twist and break rules on, when I have a long term client whose history I know well. The problem with doing it, is many small things can bring on a changed result.
Never would I not charge when the client is happy. Discount yes, for my own personal ethics, but never free to a happy client. And im glad she is happy:green:

i agree with all of the above hi-lifts are not for grey hair as they are designed to lift, u dont need to lift grey hair as the pigment has already pretty much gone u need to be depositing colour and tone! sorry but u really should know this! I would have given her a discount also!:)

High lifts are tricky with grey, its hard to get them all coverd. At the end of the day, youre the stylist, it was youre choice, i would of done the same as the lady above said, maybe given her a discount but not free :)
that ladys . . . a boy LMAO. . . . x

i agree with all of the above hi-lifts are not for grey hair as they are designed to lift, u dont need to lift grey hair as the pigment has already pretty much gone u need to be depositing colour and tone! sorry but u really should know this! I would have given her a discount also!:)
I just coloured my grey with half 6/00 and half 6/3…with 20vol. It barely did a thing! It’s wishy washy….I have 4 more tubes left! Grrr

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Then why did they make 6/00 to cover greys?

highlift tint isnt all that great on grey in my opinion, it will merely be depositing tone on it and if it is very resistant grey using a high peroxide on it wont help deposit much as it aimed at lifting. . .
as for the charging, i wuda mabye given her slight discount due to the fact she was happy with it. . . not no charge at all x
Why is everyone saying HIGH a lift? If it’s HI-Lift?

Why is everyone saying HIGH a lift? If it’s HI-Lift?
Because it is High lift. Hi-lift is the brand of colour you use. But the actual method of colouring. With tint or hair colour that lifts and deposits and lifts more than 3 levels is called High lift tint.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-13-19-12-58-98_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-13-19-12-58-98_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    553.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2024-01-13-19-13-07-98_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-13-19-13-07-98_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    639.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Because it is High lift. Hi-lift is the brand of colour you use. But the actual method of colouring. With tint or hair colour that lifts and deposits and lifts more than 3 levels is called High lift tint.
Hi everyone so I am a level 7 and I'm putting a 7Ng on my hair and it's turning red. I'm just trying to get an ashy blonde. Is there anyway that you guys can help me figure this out? I'm using 10 volume trying to cover gray I'm putting 7NG my natural level hair is a level 7 I just don't like the red tone please i beg help me out

Attachments

• IMG_4744.jpeg
    IMG_4744.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
I hate my hair so much. Please help me get the red out and get me to an ashy blonde.

Hi everyone so I am a level 7 and I'm putting a 7Ng on my hair and it's turning red. I'm just trying to get an ashy blonde. Is there anyway that you guys can help me figure this out? I'm using 10 volume trying to cover gray I'm putting 7NG my natural level hair is a level 7 I just don't like the red tone please i beg help me out
NG is natural gold. So you're actually adding warmth. You need a violet ash or a blue violet to go over that and reduce the warmth.

NG is natural gold. So you're actually adding warmth. You need a violet ash or a blue violet to go over that and reduce the warmth.
So will you help me what should I use like can you give me a number of color so I can do it I'm confused a little

So will you help me what should I use like can you give me a number of color so I can do it I'm confused a little
Would you tell me what I need to do to get a ash blond

Can I use a 7 by its self will that turn red I don't know what to use I want a ash blond all over

Can I use a 7 by its self will that turn red I don't know what to use I want a ash blond all over
Maybe a violet-based toner can neutralize the red undertones without further lightening. Look for toners with "V" or "VI" in the shade number, like 8VI (light ash blonde) or 7VA (medium ash blonde).

Maybe a violet-based toner can neutralize the red undertones without further lightening. Look for toners with "V" or "VI" in the shade number, like 8VI (light ash blonde) or 7VA (medium ash blonde).
I can do that all over what will th at turn out like an ashy blond right it will cover the. Greys

Latest posts

Back