High street skin care

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ragdoll >^..^<

Reaction score
Please don't shoot me down all you skin care ladies :Scared: i normally use all Dermalogica products, love using it, but im desperately trying to pay off my credit cards and save a few pennies. Can you recommend a good (cheep) brand i can use whilst in this little financial blip ? I was thinking bodyshop or nivea maybe??? any suggestions? Also, i have an 11 yr old son who is starting to get spots, what would you recommend for him?

Thanks in advance xxx

Hi hon, how about Virgin Vie? xxx

If you have an Aldi near you their Q10 type moisturiser won a poll on one of the Gok Wan shows, I believe.

I don't really know enough about over the counter skincare to make a recommendation, also us skin geeks would like to see your skin before making a recommendation but one thing I would say - professional skincare isn't necessarily as expensive as it appears to be, as it is usually much more concentrated than over the counter skincare, and therefore lasts much longer.

Maybe a skin geek in your area could make a recommendation and give you a discount.

Im not going to shoot you down in flames hun :hug: lol

But I can't reccommend a high street range as I have never tried them (Well not since I was about 14) I have used pro products ever since so I really couldn't give a reccommendation as I know nothing at all about the products !

My advice would be to either try some samples of a cheaper professional product range and see what you think or replace a few of your dermalogica products like cleanser and toner with a cheaper alternative and keep the moisturiser, or whichever products from the range you feel you can't do without.

The only high street brand I could suggest is Lush, again ive not personally used any of the facial products only body but my friend worked there and apparently everything is natural, paraben free etc, all freshly made (which is confirmed on the side of the products)

Be really careful - I used Lancaster for years and had beautiful skin, then I went to uni and decided I couldn't afford to carry on with it.
My skin was NOT impressed and to be honest it's never been quite the same since...I remember my mum being so shocked at the state of me after a few weeks that she bought me a Chanel moisturiser (which did help).
Is there some other area where you could economise first? And like Zo Zo says, the pro stuff does tend to last longer.
Lush Celestial moisturiser is nice though - I use it as night cream to ease the pain of my Dermalogica/EL Daywear + habit!

Not all professional ranges need break the bank, have you thought about Eve Taylor or Essentially Yours for yourself? these products last longer too so it is technically value for money,:rolleyes: If you like your dermalogica can't you just adjust what you use, say maybe keep to the cleanser or the moisturiser and maybe use the Avene (in Big Boots) Thermal water (which I absolutely love love love and is cheap as chips and works fantastically)

For your son I would recommend Avene Cleansing Gel and the thermal water, which you can get in Boots and it costs about 8 pounds but because he will need such a small amount it will last forever, this is a range that is recommended for problem skin in clinics if that helps.

HTH

good luck

Not all professional ranges need break the bank, have you thought about Eve Taylor or Essentially Yours for yourself? these products last longer too so it is technically value for money,:rolleyes: If you like your dermalogica can't you just adjust what you use, say maybe keep to the cleanser or the moisturiser and maybe use the Avene (in Big Boots) Thermal water (which I absolutely love love love and is cheap as chips and works fantastically)

For your son I would recommend Avene Cleansing Gel and the thermal water, which you can get in Boots and it costs about 8 pounds but because he will need such a small amount it will last forever, this is a range that is recommended for problem skin in clinics if that helps.

HTH

good luck

Thanks
What is the thermal water? is it a toner? it's the cleanser and moisturiser im out of, have plenty of toner, scrub etc. eye cream is getting low but its mainly moisturiser and cleanser at the mo. Ive never heard of Avene, ill have a look at that.

Thanks everyone for advise so far :hug:

Latest posts

Back