Holiday reads - suggestions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Chocolate Lovers Club and the sequel The Chocolate Lovers Diet, also Kiss Chase, stayed up all night reading these, if you prefer thrillers Spider was excellent or something different Midnight is a Lonely place... fantastic!

That reminds me, try any of the Joanne Harris novels. Chocolat and Five Quarters Of The Orange are great holiday reads.

Any of the Bill Bryson books will have you in stitches!

I like a good chick lit book when I go away, so I would recommend a Jane Green book, Jemima J, Mr Maybe.

I also love James Herbert but a bit scary for holiday reading!

Jane Green is hilarious, real laugh out loud stuff!

I tell you another author who is really good...totally suprised me....is....Jeffrey Archer! Very, very good.

I read Sophie Kinsella's Remember me on my hols and I loved it x

Any of the Bill Bryson books will have you in stitches!

I agree totally, the best one outta them all is A Walk in the Woods. Fantastic read. And SO funny. :green:

I don't normally go for Ben Elton (too off-the-wall for me), but last year when I ran out of books on holiday, my husband threw Ben Elton's Chart Throb at me, making some comment that I might like it as I love the X-Factor.

It truly was the 2nd funniest book I've ever read and when the last X-Factor series was on, all I could think of were the Chart Throb characters and what they got up to off-set.

The absolute funniest, bestest book I've ever read is Rachel's Holiday by Marian Keyes. The only book I've read in one weekend, and the only book I've read 4 whole times over 12 years!

xx

Glad to see Lovely Bones is getting some good reviews, I bought it from Amazon earlier along with Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and Wife, Interrupted.

I've just got back from 2 weeks in Cuba and the place we stayed had a veritable library of abandoned holidaymakers books, I was in my element - read a book a day, if not more - at the min I'm working my way through the Time Travellers Wife, it seems quite a sweet book, a bit juddery to get into but once you're in it's quite charming and starts to make sense. The Personal Shopper was pretty good as well, as was Rachels Holiday.

God I love reading!

has to be anything by Jane Green and Sophie Kinsella fantastic reads and they both have new books out at the min but in blinkin hardback! Not easy to read hardbacks in the bath!

Also you have to read 'how to murder your husband' it may by kathe lette and its sooo funny. I can keep funny to my self but this book made me laugh so hard I nearly pee'd myself and bf banned me from the bed cause he couldnt sleep because the bed was shaking (and not in a good way lol!)

Tan lines is a good one but bit heavy, and Jenny Colgans got a new one out too but havent read it yet.

My mum nicks all my books when I have read them so forget half of them!

Whats lovely bones all about??? I read all of halan cobens and patricia cornwalls books, but always forget which one I have read!! I have the worlds worst memory.

Louise Bagshawe books are great if you like chick reads - she is a British author so you should have no worries getting her books - I just read Sparkles by her and loved it and that I read on holiday!!

Iv just read The Second Wives Club, by Jane Moor, (i think)
Very light hearted and funny. Prob a good holiday book x

Latest posts

Back