Hollywood wax query!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainbowtanning

Reaction score
Today I did my first proper fully paid Hollywood wax. It was on a larger lady which I haven't even attempted but was quite confident. I use Perron Rigot warm wax, I can't remember the name but it's a cream wax and is really nice. For the most part it all went well, however I did find it tricky to get a really good stretch on around the lip area. I did one side and I thought I had a good stretch but when I looked at the skin after I removed the strip it looked really sore & almost as if the top layer of skin had come off. She said it wasn't painful, it didn't bleed & there was no sign of skin on the wax strip. This happened on both sides!! Is it normal for the skin there to get that tender or did I stretch too much? I'm quite sure it wasn't the wax being too hot. She said it was one of the best waxes she'd had so far so I'm a bit confused!!!

The intimate area is a very sensitive area to wax and it can look a bit red when being waxed, but in my personal opinion a strip wax isnt suitable to be used on the intimate area. Have you tried using a hot wax (ie a non strip wax) for your brazillian/hollywoods? I use perron rigot euroblond and I never have a problem. The skin can go a bit pink and sometimes you might get blood spots, but no more so that with any other wax. I've never had a problem with my hollywoods with euroblond

I would personally never use a strip wax on intimate areas... mainly because of the increased risk of removing the top layer of skin as you found...

I know some on here will disagree - when you did your intimate waxing training what type of wax did you get trained in using for it?

Today I did my first proper fully paid Hollywood wax. It was on a larger lady which I haven't even attempted but was quite confident. I use Perron Rigot warm wax, I can't remember the name but it's a cream wax and is really nice. For the most part it all went well, however I did find it tricky to get a really good stretch on around the lip area. I did one side and I thought I had a good stretch but when I looked at the skin after I removed the strip it looked really sore & almost as if the top layer of skin had come off. She said it wasn't painful, it didn't bleed & there was no sign of skin on the wax strip. This happened on both sides!! Is it normal for the skin there to get that tender or did I stretch too much? I'm quite sure it wasn't the wax being too hot. She said it was one of the best waxes she'd had so far so I'm a bit confused!!!
All strip wax removes skin……..but when used correctly it simply removes the dead skin and exfoliates. However, when used incorrectly, it can remove layers of skin.

It's good that you cared enough to notice as some don't so don't worry and put it down to experience. I would never use strip wax on intimate waxing and if you're using PR waxes anyway, you may as well switch to their hot waxes (Euroblonde is amazing wax).

As a trainer, of course I'm going to tell you that you should get trained in the art of Brazilian waxing. It'll do wonders for your confidence and ability.

Thanks for the replies ladies, I have been trained in intimate waxing using hot wax but to explain things simply i get really panicky when using it. The salon I work in only uses warm warm wax so my boss showed me how to do it using warm wax. In fact it was you Kim that suggested I use the warm we that I have and it is lovely :). What I would like to know is, what I did wrong for the wax to take that bit too much of skin off? Did I stretch too much? I dont see that I didn't stretch enough as the hairs were removed. Did I stretch in the wrong way? Xxxx

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies ladies, I have been trained in intimate waxing using hot wax but to explain things simply i get really panicky when using it. The salon I work in only uses warm warm wax so my boss showed me how to do it using warm wax. In fact it was you Kim that suggested I use the warm we that I have and it is lovely :). What I would like to know is, what I did wrong for the wax to take that bit too much of skin off? Did I stretch too much? I dont see that I didn't stretch enough as the hairs were removed. Did I stretch in the wrong way? Xxxx
Hiya! I think there must be a misunderstanding as I would never suggest warm wax on intimate waxing and I would never use it myself. I don't remember our conversation but if you said to me that you weren't allowed to use hot wax, then I would have suggested the best strip wax to use and that is Cristal Ocean by Perron Rigot. However, as I said, I don't like strip wax on intimate waxing.

You may have gone over too many times and strip wax would remove skin………which is exactly why I tell people not to use strip wax on intimate waxing.

There are many excellent strip waxers out there who can do a Brazilian with strip wax just fine. However, I've had many of them come on my course and then say how they realise that hot wax is far better for them and the client.

Hi, yes there I a misunderstanding. You didn't recommend strip wax for intimate, I asked if anyone could recommend a suitable warm wax for intimate waxing as I don't like warm wax and you replied with a suitable person Rigot wax, I think it's never Blanche??? You said it would need to be a cream.

I put a lot of pressure on mysel when it comes to what I do and I like everything to be perfect, waxing in general has been my area of struggle and I'm much more confident in warm waxing, I don't feel as though I have the right control with hot wax and that makes me panic. I would love to come on your training but I just don't have the money at the moment! :(

Hi, yes there I a misunderstanding. You didn't recommend strip wax for intimate, I asked if anyone could recommend a suitable warm wax for intimate waxing as I don't like warm wax and you replied with a suitable person Rigot wax, I think it's never Blanche??? You said it would need to be a cream.

I put a lot of pressure on mysel when it comes to what I do and I like everything to be perfect, waxing in general has been my area of struggle and I'm much more confident in warm waxing, I don't feel as though I have the right control with hot wax and that makes me panic. I would love to come on your training but I just don't have the money at the moment! :(
I hate to hear you sounding so worried about hot wax as once you use it, you'll love it. You'll never go back to using strip wax for Brazilians.

Go on a Discovery Day with Perron Rigot and you'll use all of the waxes and feel more confident until you can afford to train properly. x

Having done intimate waxing training the thought of strip wax on my private bits terrifies me... I've trained with both hot and warm waxes and I agree hot takes a little getting used to but that's why we practice, practice, practice :)

As a waxing customer I would be out the front door if anyone came near my bits with a strip wax I'm afraid...

Just buy a bag of euroblonde and try it on your own arm or leg so you can get use to it!! It is soooooooooooo much easier to wax a bikini area with on strip wax!!

You know so e times when you use strip wax on bikinis and you put the strip off and half the hairs still there???
That never happens with non strip wax!!!

Maybe if you live close to Kim you could do a few hours one to one to get use to using non strip wax on bikinis!! It would be money well spent!!!

Latest posts

Back