Honest critique and advise on improving, please.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, what a beautiful set of nails.

Makes me wanna get my brush out and put some tips on!

Kx

joolz said:
they are lovely how long have you been doing nails for?
Thanks I have been doing nails now for 4 months! I know this set is way off perfect but I think I have done well for the short time I have been qualified. (not meaning to sound cocky! I'm just chuffed)

Cathie! said:
They're great Jo, from what I can see from the pic, it looks like you need to get your product at the cuticle under control, on the ring finger it looks like it's not close enough, on the pinkie, middle and pointer it looks like it's too close, almost on the skin, middle looks like you've missed a bit, length on pointer is shorter than the others could be just the pic though. Next time, even if you use Classic French, why not overlay the tip with Truly White, it's the same colour as the white tip and it will give some great practice for your smile lines.
I too think I need more product controll at the cuticle area and I will look at this. I wanted to do a set of P&W in my heart but my head was telling me Noooo! I must have more confidence in my smiles!
When it comes to a rebalance I will be doing the smiles myself; I thin the product down and use white to cover the natural smile.

I hope you see what I say as constructive (eek, not trying to diss you!!), I've just looked at the nails as I would my own, cos I'm sure as hell no expert.
I appreciate your honesty! thank you.
They do look great nails, your tip application is really consistent......go for it!!

Thank you everyone for your help and opinions!

they are very nice Jo, are these plastic tips or sculpted??

NoticeableNails said:
Good Day Geeks!

I have finally found a client with lovely long nail beds! It was such a joy to do her nails.
I would love to use this client as a model some day, as she has lovely nail beds, young hands and skin and an even complexion.
Although I enjoyed myself and I look forward to having another play I realise I have a long way to go yet.
So this is where you guys come in! I know its not a perfect pic, but please can you tell me where I can improve?
I am looking for honest critique and advise on improving.

I use Ezflow L&P, they are white classic French tips.
Clear in zone 1 (as the client liked crisp white tip look)
Pink in zone 2&3

Alfie, see above for tips.

OK from the feedback Ive received I know I need to have more product controll at the cuticle area, this will also help with the little lifting I get. I also need to bring in my side walls in and taper the nail, this is so the nail looks slim and sleek!

Does anyone also have any advice for me?
I'm always willing to learn, and your help is very much appreciated.
Thanks

I can see what you mean about the cuticle, and also down the right side wall as i am looking at them. This is the area i have trouble with ( the right side wall!!) Why don't yu have ago with white poder instead of tips, its the only way your gonna get the hang of it.

NoticeableNails said:
Good Day Geeks!

I have finally found a client with lovely long nail beds! It was such a joy to do her nails. I agree..
I would love to use this client as a model some day, as she has lovely nail beds, young hands and skin and an even complexion.
Although I enjoyed myself and I look forward to having another play I realise I have a long way to go yet.
So this is where you guys come in! I know its not a perfect pic, but please can you tell me where I can improve?
I am looking for honest critique and advise on improving.

It seems from the pic that your application is even and flawless, you should make sure to keep your cuticals clean and crisp, I usually do this by placing the gel about 2 millimeters away from the cutical pushing forwards and pulling back,this creates an even bulgless aplication . I also think that the tips (whites) are a little too wide , I`ve learnt over the years that the best looking nails are those that appear balanced , these appear "Heavy" at the the free edge.Easilly solved!!! all you need to do is mirror the natural nail growth in your tip - if the nail bed is straight the tip should be straight , if the nail bed is slightly tapered (like these) then the tip should be slightly taperd (inward ) like a mirror reflection, the free edge can then be filed to taste.... square , squoval or oval....The "CURRENT TREND" is again"mirror" image of the cutical...... give it a go ...... Danielle...

I use Ezflow L&P, they are white classic French tips.
Clear in zone 1 (as the client liked crisp white tip look)
Pink in zone 2&3
Just a small note, although ou have used a tip here you should try to perfect smile lines by mimicing these with white P over them that way you get the experience without sacrificing the final product and you still achive the crisp white tips....Good Luck.

Latest posts

Back