Honest critique and advise on improving, please.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoticeableNails

Glitter Geek!
Reaction score
Good Day Geeks!

I have finally found a client with lovely long nail beds! It was such a joy to do her nails.
I would love to use this client as a model some day, as she has lovely nail beds, young hands and skin and an even complexion.
Although I enjoyed myself and I look forward to having another play I realise I have a long way to go yet.
So this is where you guys come in! I know its not a perfect pic, but please can you tell me where I can improve?
I am looking for honest critique and advise on improving.

I use Ezflow L&P, they are white classic French tips.
Clear in zone 1 (as the client liked crisp white tip look)
Pink in zone 2&3

Improving????what needs improving?these are a lovely set of nails and if all my sets were like this i'd be chuffed.Let me know when your in my neck of the woods!!!

I love em too!!! well done!! xx :D

Jo they are fantastic !! why did you not enter Earls Court ?

they are fan dabby do! xx

very nice jo

i didnt know you did tips i thought you only sculpted so very well done chick

have you got your time down any by doing tips

Lovely Nails hun :D

yes hun, i have to agree with everyone, they look great to me too. And you must keep a hold of that client and ask her now if you can possibly use her in the future as a model as her nail beds are wonderful! x

lancslass said:
have you got your time down any by doing tips

I offer both tips & sculpted Lisa.
My timings still need working on! I don't find it makes much difference with my timing wether I tip of sculpt!

Thanks for the compliments guys

Wow, they are great! She has nice hands too,

it makes it such a dream doesnt it when you find some one with gorgeous natural nails to work on .....thats when its called "enhancing"
well done hun they are the dogs watsits

jo, they are absolutely gorgeous, really impressive!!!!!!!!!

Jo, honest to goodness they look great! Are theywhite tips or have you put white acrylic over natural or clear tips cos the smile lines are beautifully consistant.x

they are lovely how long have you been doing nails for?

They're great Jo, from what I can see from the pic, it looks like you need to get your product at the cuticle under control, on the ring finger it looks like it's not close enough, on the pinkie, middle and pointer it looks like it's too close, almost on the skin, middle looks like you've missed a bit, length on pointer is shorter than the others could be just the pic though. Next time, even if you use Classic French, why not overlay the tip with Truly White, it's the same colour as the white tip and it will give some great practice for your smile lines.

I hope you see what I say as constructive (eek, not trying to diss you!!), I've just looked at the nails as I would my own, cos I'm sure as hell no expert.

They do look great nails, your tip application is really consistent......go for it!!

Jo, told you already, you have a real flaire for nails. Well done, they are beautiful.

They are gorge !!!!

My only comment would be that one or two look as though they need coming in on the sides and the cuticle area of a couple looks a little bumpy.

Well done you. I can only dream of doing nails like that. xxx

There are beautiful nails Jo!

Its great to get a client with loverly long nail beds, you think waayhaay these are easy, but this is where i think your work tests you the most, because every little flaw shows up!

luv 'n' hugs
xxxxx

they are very nice Jo, are these plastic tips or sculpted??

Latest posts

Back