Horror Story

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW
Just seen all the replies...
I may think twice about putting a post on here now...!!:|

The replies were mainly aimed at the fact a poster suggested most Lincs therapists were poorly trained.
It should be considered as a learning curve for you hun, not a reason to shy away from what you obviously have a liking for, which is becoming a nail tech.
What you have to consider is, there are 1000's of techs on this site, and all in in various stages of learning, myself included. What you originally posted, was realistically a reaction to something that you were not familiar with - the tip & dip system.
We are all astounded by some things were are not aware existed. But, when you've done your training and had a good trawl about this site, as you will. You will see that there's more than one way to 'skin a cat' - as in there's more than one way to apply nail enhancements.

Don't be afraid of posting, we are not 'baddies', but sometimes when things are written, without prior thought to the consequences, as it's been done in a quick reaction, then sometimes, little waves are made. But lots of things are learnt from it.

Enjoy your course, which ever you decide to take....and IMO CND/EzFlow are 2 of the very best in the biz.:hug:

PS - We intended to tickle the other poster into eating her words, or at the very least buying all the Lincs geeks a drink at The Event if she's going! Lol!:lol:

All the same, i think i may just read other posts rather than creating my own.

I am definitely inexperienced in Nails but not so in communication, and realise how a lot of E-mail/Texts/threads can sound one way written and another way read......

So whilst I won't stop using the site, i think I'll leave the 'New post' button well alone!!

I am definitely inexperienced in Nails but not so in communication, and realise how a lot of E-mail/Texts/threads can sound one way written and another way read......

So whilst I won't stop using the site, i think I'll leave the 'New post' button well alone!!

ahh dont be like that!!! I hate when that happens to, but i always change subject alot to!
I never heard of glue and arylic :|

:hug:

That would be a shame as the site does thrive on new technicians coming in and asking questions, and gaining all the help and experience there is on here. Also all the different ways there are of doing things.

Reading posts helps too, and sometimes the use of the search facility here on site, can open up a wealth of information to you and save the same questions being asked over and over. However if you want to know something then post and ask.

I feel it may have been my post that has rankled you somewhat, but over the years on here, the one type of post I don't like to see is one that criticises another technicians work, without that technician having a right of reply, or sometimes even deserving the criticism.

Maybe it is because when I first came on this site I just jumped in and slated somthing, and boy did my fellow geeks give me what for (in those days you could get neg rep!!:eek:) but I learned from it, and kept on posting and have definitely benefited from being a geek.

So keep on posting, and maybe I shall refrain from posting if I get out of bed on the wrong side on a Sunday again :lol:

Deal?

That would be a shame as the site does thrive on new technicians coming in and asking questions, and gaining all the help and experience there is on here. Also all the different ways there are of doing things.

Reading posts helps too, and sometimes the use of the search facility here on site, can open up a wealth of information to you and save the same questions being asked over and over. However if you want to know something then post and ask.

I feel it may have been my post that has rankled you somewhat, but over the years on here, the one type of post I don't like to see is one that criticises another technicians work, without that technician having a right of reply, or sometimes even deserving the criticism.

Maybe it is because when I first came on this site I just jumped in and slated somthing, and boy did my fellow geeks give me what for (in those days you could get neg rep!!:eek:) but I learned from it, and kept on posting and have definitely benefited from being a geek.

So keep on posting, and maybe I shall refrain from posting if I get out of bed on the wrong side on a Sunday again :lol:

Deal?

Me too !!!

Once I got over it, I started posting again and haven't stopped since. I have always got so much help and I really don't know what I would have done without everyone's help and encouragement:)

Bev and Izzi hit the nail on the head. It's wise words you had there and good reasons to keep on posting. For what its worth, not long after I joined I posted complaining about what I considered to be a very shoddy job by a nail tech who also spent my appointment complaining her head hurt from a hangover and she was looking greener by the second. By then I'd had years of nail appointments but the training I had just done put a whole new spin on it. I was outraged, posted and basically learned a new lesson to add to the ethics I'd learned for clients and in a salon. That lesson really was to not slate a fellow tech who has no chance to defend herself. With hindsight she had a night out, didn't feel well and the nails paid the price but on subsequent appointments I got fabulous nails and a bright cheery tech. She had an off day and I tore her a strip or two royally in here. Not my finest hour.

Keep posting hun, just think on the fact that if you hadn't you might not have realised still that what the tech was doing does indeed sound like the dip system. Also, there will doubtless have been some one else who read your post and also didn't know about that system, may have heard a similar story and now knows it does exist.

Looking forward to posting with you!! :hug::hug:

Has nobody had a thought about this at sounds like TipDip to me not traditional L&P its not glue and acrylic it's resin & Acrylic TipDip powder but if the tech that was having her nails done hasn't seen this system before then she might have thought it was glue, glue needs contact to sick while resin can be dipped in the Acrylic and then activated to set. this is only imo but it sounds very alike.:)

Has nobody had a thought about this at sounds like TipDip to me not traditional L&P its not glue and acrylic it's resin & Acrylic TipDip powder but if the tech that was having her nails done hasn't seen this system before then she might have thought it was glue, glue needs contact to sick while resin can be dipped in the Acrylic and then activated to set. this is only imo but it sounds very alike.:)

Quite a few Geeks have said this too :hug:

We, as nail tech's, often hear 'horror stories' about what services clients have received. Many client's don't understand what the nail technicians are doing unless the steps of their service are being explained. Unfortunately many clients won't realise the difference between good and bad services because they will either...

1. Never go back for ANY nail services because of a bad experience
2. Never change technicians and know anything different
3. Never question their nail technician
4. Assume a budget nail service means doing a "budget nail job"

However, this is why I think nail forums like these are great for nail technicians and nail clients. Let's hope that nail clients get educated through forums, through friends & family, or a better yet... a new nail technician that they decide to try :).

Latest posts

Back