How can you tell how old your CND liquid is from the package??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mieke

Reaction score
I bought about 6 months ago a small 8 oz moxie cnd liquid.
When i wanted to buy a new fresh bottle in the store one of the teachers told me that they had a box of moxie liquid where a product got spilled in discoloring the outside of the packaging. She gave me 50% off on the liquid which i thought was great since i just wanted to try it out. Well i haven´t tried it out up untill now but wanted to test it out today. I was looking if there was a manufacturing date on the box to double check that the product was still good but there are all kinds of numbers there so i have no idea where to look at, anyone any idea anyone???? Do the powders have an exp. date aswell or a date of manufacturing?

Thanks in advance!!:hug:

I bought about 6 months ago a small 8 oz moxie cnd liquid.
When i wanted to buy a new fresh bottle in the store one of the teachers told me that they had a box of moxie liquid where a product got spilled in discoloring the outside of the packaging. She gave me 50% off on the liquid which i thought was great since i just wanted to try it out. Well i haven´t tried it out up untill now but wanted to test it out today. I was looking if there was a manufacturing date on the box to double check that the product was still good but there are all kinds of numbers there so i have no idea where to look at, anyone any idea anyone???? Do the powders have an exp. date aswell or a date of manufacturing?

Thanks in advance!!:hug:
Each company has differant ways of showing date, best to call the company because depending on if its Powder or Liquid, Gel or Resin all have different shelf life.

I don't know or remember how long from date product is good for, but on Brisa Gel fom CND on the bottom of the jar is stamped in black a number Like 8902 the first number is the year it was made but how long it is good for I dont know Cnd change their labeling for Creative to CND . Most product with CND are the newer and Creative ones are out dated,But Cnd label has some that are made in 07 because i have some so you must call CND to see how long its good for,and also if its been used how long for an opened product.

I don't know or remember how long from date product is good for, but on Brisa Gel fom CND on the bottom of the jar is stamped in black a number Like 8902 the first number is the year it was made but how long it is good for I dont know Cnd change their labeling for Creative to CND . Most product with CND are the newer and Creative ones are out dated,But Cnd label has some that are made in 07 because i have some so you must call CND to see how long its good for,and also if its been used how long for an opened product.

Thanks a lot franjess. I will send them an email with everything in it and see what they can tell me. else i just buy a new one if it is to much fuss and keep this one for 3d nailart or something. :hug: thx once again

It gets like thick syrup and like lumps of jelly in it if it has gone off if that is any help in the mean time :hug:

It gets like thick syrup and like lumps of jelly in it if it has gone off if that is any help in the mean time :hug:

Oh that is defenitly not the case :green:
Mine looks normal in color and viscosity * or how you may call it*
I will try it on myself and see and i am going to contact cnd over here
Thx hun :hug:

Hi,are you talking about gel because I've had liquid mommener for many years to practice with and it has never done that(got thick and lumpy). I think Mieke was asking about mommener (liquid). But I did mention gels so thats good to know since I'm just starting gels.

Yeah i was talking about the liquid. i was thinking wow it most go really off then when it expires lol :green:

If not exposed to extreme conditions, then monomer can be kept for years though officially a company will not guarantee it (naturally).

There is more than one way a product can appear if 'gone off' so to speak.

Monomer only goes gloopy as described if exposed to extreme heat ... and the reason for that is that the liquid can polymerize with extreme heat. As we all know, it is part of good storage not to expose or keep monomer in anything other than an ambient temperature if you are going to store it for long periods of time.

If a bottle of monomer is half empty and kept for years, evaporation can also occur which also alters the chemical balance of the liquid; so keep bottles capped tightly at all times so this does not happen.

Hi,are you talking about gel because I've had liquid mommener for many years to practice with and it has never done that(got thick and lumpy). I think Mieke was asking about mommener (liquid). But I did mention gels so thats good to know since I'm just starting gels.

I was talking about Monomer hun,
i have experienced this with IBD and Ezflow monomers,
happy to say i have not had a single problem with CND monomer,

thank you for the full explanation Gigi :hug:

I never knew monomer could do that. Good to know. Thanks guys! Boy I sure did spell monomer wrong on my other post didnt' I? LOL :lol:

I never knew monomer could do that. Good to know. Thanks guys! Boy I sure did spell monomer wrong on my other post didnt' I? LOL :lol:

Eeeuh i think the spellingmistake was me brainwashing you franjess with my lousy english. First time i get it that it is spelled with an E instead of an O in the end :o We sure always learn something on this website

Latest posts

Back