How cheap are the 'cheap' NSS?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How cheap is cheap...at the NSS?

• Total voters

Zingara

Reaction score
Following on from Nailzoo's poll about why some clients seem to prefer and frequent the NSS, it seems from a lot of votes that it is potentially cost driven.

So, I'm intrigued as to how much they are charging your area for, say, a full set of P&W, in L&P.

Poll added for the costs, but please add what area you are from as well.

In sunny Sussex they are currently £28 in my local NSS

I haven't checked mine for prices for a while, they are never busy so don't worry about them. they are about £30, but you don't get a proper P/W, just the usual killer driller yellowing crap with an airbrushed finish (although the airbrushing is usually very pretty!)

Mine is in Fareham near Portsmouth on the South Coast. there are quite a few in Pompey and one in particular has always been busy from the day they opened ... and strangely enough it's the one with the worst reputation and I think their prices are similar!

Hi Lindsay
Here in Portsmouth there are loads of them! All same price of £25 full set and £17 infils. There is only one 'proper' (sorry, not sure how to word it!)salon that I know of who charge up to £50 for full set p&w and £28 infils so you can see the reasoning in some peoples minds!

here its about £29 a full set and £19 for fills...to be really honest...i don't think they are that cheap.

I think they are between £25 -£30, not too sure on exact price.

The lady down the road only charges £20 though!

HTH Teri x:hug:

here its about £29 a full set and £19 from fills...to be really honest...i don't think they are that cheap.

I agree Angie! i had an ex NSS client who was told she was having gel, they charged her a tenner extra for infills for the privilege of having ... l&p!!! They prey on the ignorance of people, but in fact they are flouting Trading Standards laws, if only people would take them to task.

I am not sure whether my local competitors use MMA or what their working standards are so I wouldnt like to class them as a NSS until I am absolutely sure.

My suspect competitor though charges £28 for a new set - not sure on the price for an infill.

The one near me has several prices but I think the price they charge for "acrylic nails" is £30 and the price for "Pink and white" is £38, but I have a strange idea that they only offer the one service and pink and white is actually airbrushed.
Could well be the reason why they never seem to have any clients.

i live in south west london

the NSS closest to me charge about £15-20 for a full set!

the only good thing about them is their airbrush design and nail art are pretty good

It's £15 at my local:eek:

However, Pink & White means airbrushed in there!

£20 inc nail art here in northampton. one place charges only £15 if you are under 16. and you can smoke in the salon too, how luxurious:lol:

£20 inc nail art here in northampton. one place charges only £15 if you are under 16. and you can smoke in the salon too, how luxurious:lol:

wow smoke too? wait for the explosion!!! lol

PMSL!! Wanderful.

In Harrow its anywhere from 20-28 the last time I checked. Not sure about the infills/rebals.

In my area of the US they run about $20 for a full set, $30 for pink & white. I'm not sure what the difference between US currency and your currency, but it seems like a big difference. Can anyone tell me what the difference in currency is, as far as what is a US dollar equal to?

In my area of the US they run about $20 for a full set, $30 for pink & white. I'm not sure what the difference between US currency and your currency, but it seems like a big difference. Can anyone tell me what the difference in currency is, as far as what is a US dollar equal to?

$20 is currently £10.32, so that is waaay cheap, lol!

here its about £29 a full set and £19 for fills...to be really honest...i don't think they are that cheap.

That's roughly what the Leed's nss charge too,and unfortunately there are many.

There are typical nss ( highly likely mma users ) and then those who are just sub standard,un hygienic etc :rolleyes:

i haven't checked my local nss for a while, next time i'm in town i'll take a look.

going off thread slightly....how long do they take to do a full set in a typical nss?? this might also be a reason why people go to them....they can be in and out quickly and cheaply????

going off thread slightly....how long do they take to do a full set in a typical nss?? this might also be a reason why people go to them....they can be in and out quickly and cheaply????

Less than 45 minutes for a full set (No prep, tips, 1 bead L&P, drill to buff...airbrush P&W topcoat) in our area...:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back