How cheap are the 'cheap' NSS?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How cheap is cheap...at the NSS?

• Total voters
Less than 45 minutes for a full set (No prep, tips, 1 bead L&P, drill to buff...airbrush P&W topcoat) in our area...:rolleyes:

This is how my local competitor is working as well! not sure on the product range she is using though, but amazes me how somebody can do them this bloomin quick!

Less than 45 minutes for a full set (No prep, tips, 1 bead L&P, drill to buff...airbrush P&W topcoat) in our area...:rolleyes:

same here...however they do do cuticle work...WITH THEIR ENHANCED FINGER NAILS !!!:eek: UGH

I'm from Birmingham and all the ones that I pass charge £20.

Marlise

Hi Lindsay
Here in Portsmouth there are loads of them! All same price of £25 full set and £17 infils. There is only one 'proper' (sorry, not sure how to word it!)salon that I know of who charge up to £50 for full set p&w and £28 infils so you can see the reasoning in some peoples minds!

Exactly what i was going to say (im in portsmouth to) and they are all the same price. Just curius to know where is the 'proper salon' ??Their prices are quite high! xx

ok before i knew any better I USED THEM.. i would now not even step past one.. this is how they did it here...

Drill to remove cuticle and shape and remove shin of nail..
Glue tip on.. cut down... 1 bead all over.. orange stick (yes the same one for everyone) to poke out any excess acrylic..
Drill to reshape and buff and shine..

45 mins later DONE!!!! oh and i could have up to 3 people (yes i said 3) doing this

here in aussie, the last time i could be bothered checking them out..they were $60..for a nail repair its $8..i did notice two in competition with each other, one was $40 for a set..which i guess isnt bad coin if you can do it in half an hour flat without outlays for disinfectant and monomer,lol.

Just found out today that one locall NSS is charging £25 for a full set and £25 for infills.

oh my goodness, 45 minutes for a full set!!

Our local nss charges a whopping £55 for a full set and £35 for infills and it takes them an hour!!!

Here in Northampton they are not that cheep, between £25 and £30 a set, what they are is fast you can have a full set of L&P in 40 miniutes and thats the draw around here. Its actualy the well trained techs who are killing it for themselves, 2 weeks ago I saw and add for a full set of gels for £17 sorry but its just silly to price your self so low, makes it inpossible to make a decent living and as soon as your prices go up your clients leave you for the next cheep tech:irked:

In bradford its about £25 there in the local market, i recently had a client who had had their nails done there previously it was near closing time and literally as soon as they were done 45 mins/60 mins her bags were picked up for her and she was told you go now and shoved out.
They dont do pink and whites its white tips or airbrush.

From nottingham , there about £25 upwards here.

It's £15 at my local:eek:

However, Pink & White means airbrushed in there!

Same here, my nearest is Glossop near Stockport & they charge about £25 for a full set & pink & white is airbrushed. Infills were about £15 & rebalance about £18. But its not so much the price as the quality of the nails or should I lack of quality.

Here in staffordshire it ranges form 20 to 30 with pink and whites being dearest. Airburshing is lovely but that doesn't help when non speak english ( they pretend in most cases ) and wear masks which unnerves people and the killer drills black and decker style. And i've noticed that there's more men in our NSS salons than others in other counties.

Hi All
Love them or hate them their nail art/airbrushing is really really good
had a client who had her nails airbrushed and it lasted 8 weeks and was perfect must be some top coat they use

Jill

PMSL!! Wanderful.

In Harrow its anywhere from 20-28 the last time I checked. Not sure about the infills/rebals.

Blinking heck! I need to go to specsavers!! At first read i thought that said 'Harrods' lol, and immediately after 'wow, now that is cheap'. doh! :Grope:

I have said about £20-£25 in my area, but there are a couple who charge similar to me, so they aren't always cheap.

here its about £29 a full set and £19 for fills...to be really honest...i don't think they are that cheap.

ditto, they aint that cheap at all, not considering the shoddy workman ship and the price you have to pay to get yur nails back to normal afterwards!!

If ur gonna get manky nails U dont wanna pay too much for them!! lol. :smack:

£20-25 in my area too. They also wax eyebrows for £5.00 and sewing alterations!!!

same here...however they do do cuticle work...WITH THEIR ENHANCED FINGER NAILS !!!:eek: UGH

Errrr that is gross

I have never checked to see how much mine charge however a client told me once that they charge £45 which did surprise me. They also use an airbrush for pink & white finish.

Latest posts

Back