How cheeky!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clare1894

Reaction score
Today i got an email from someone because i have made a group about me doing nails so i can get ppl to practice on. i have put that i am new to this and need ppl to learn on . i will only be charging £10.00 as i have to pay for the stuff.

Anyway this girl messaged me saying .."EWWWWW GET THAT S**t OFF HERE!!! PPL LIKE U MAKE A BAD NAME FOR US!
so i deleted it off my wall and in boxed her and said, "i really dont no why you could be like this, i am learning so need ppl to LEARN ON. I dont see how my group would make a difference to u?

she messaged back, " that i have a cheek to ask ppl to pay u when u cant do them."

I really could not get over this. am i wrong to ask for ppl to pay me at this stage? I use nsi so its not cheap.

Today i got an email from someone because i have made a group about me doing nails so i can get ppl to practice on. i have put that i am new to this and need ppl to learn on . i will only be charging £10.00 as i have to pay for the stuff.

Anyway this girl messaged me saying .."EWWWWW GET THAT S**t OFF HERE!!! PPL LIKE U MAKE A BAD NAME FOR US!
so i deleted it off my wall and in boxed her and said, "i really dont no why you could be like this, i am learning so need ppl to LEARN ON. I dont see how my group would make a difference to u?

she messaged back, " that i have a cheek to ask ppl to pay u when u cant do them."

I really could not get over this. am i wrong to ask for ppl to pay me at this stage? I use nsi so its not cheap.

No love you arent wrong , you need to cover costs of your materials !! , me personally i think she maybe a nail tech her self and "scared" people will go to you as you are charging £10 as you are still practicing xx

If your being up front that your charging a low price to cover costs and that your training then of course that's ok! Hair dressers do it! Best of luck my dear! X

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

yeah i though that she was too. but she should not see me as a threat! i am still learning so my nails aint great. If she is a nail tech then her nails must not be that good if she is worried about me.

Its not like me and her are the only ones on the hole of salford to do nails its like every other shop here is a nail shop.

Take no notice of her , no doubt I'll be charging similar after my courses whilst I practice and build confidence . Delete and block her from all your pages so she can't message and upset you again. xx

If she is a nail tech then her nails must not be that good if she is worried about me.

Love it!!
and you're absolutely right of course :). Ignore her hun :)

am i wrong to ask for ppl to pay me at this stage? I use nsi so its not cheap.

i am still in training and i charge for everything i do, granted at the mo its only a fiver for manicure or false nails or nail art but when i start to do acrylics i will be charging more to cover costs on them too.
ignore this daft woman, you go girl and i hope the group brings you lots of models :wink2:

Thanks girls. i was just shocked and worried i was out of line charging for my nails :)

Thanks gilrs. i was just shocked and worried i was out of line charging for my nails :)

The only person that is out of line is the rude mare that messaged you x

hahaha i can not even spell i was that mad...oops :/ nvm. thanks all u have set my mind at rest now. love the "cheeky mare" comment lol x

Last edited:
dont forget to ban her as well. rise above such nastiness and forget her. she doesnt deserve your worries as if she going to behave in such a manner, I think you can only pity such poor manners and behaviour.

you SHOULD charge. You did nothing wrong and you didnt deserve such a torrent of abuse.

best of luck by the way!

tigi
xxx

dont forget to ban her as well. rise above such nastiness and forget her. she doesnt deserve your worries as if she going to behave in such a manner, I think you can only pity such poor manners and behaviour.

you SHOULD charge. You did nothing wrong and you didnt deserve such a torrent of abuse.

best of luck by the way!

tigi
xxx

Thanks Tigi :) xx

Honestly some people:rolleyes:. Don't worry about it hun your not doing anything wrong. Good for you for advertising for clients to practice on and no your not wrong to ask for peoplle to pay you. The products aren't cheap and of course you will need to charge a small amount to cover your costs. Sounds to me she is envious. As Tigi says ignor and block her. Good luck and welcome to the exciting world of nails.:biggrin:

Awww thanks Annemarie. your right you all are. i love doing nail and get really excited when someone asks me to do theres. i live breath and sleep thinking about nails. i think i do my fellers head in really lol. what can i say i have "THE BUG" :D

Clare x

Awww thanks Annemarie. your right you all are. i love doing nail and get really excited when someone asks me to do theres. i live breath and sleep thinking about nails. i think i do my fellers head in really lol. what can i say i have "THE BUG" :D

Clare x

That's the spirit:biggrin:.Sounds to me like your going to make a great tech with the passion you have for it.

Nope you have done nothing wrong every body has to start somewhere don't they and you shouldn't do it for nothing at the end of the day there is products to buy and maintain your stock when I started I went through loads of stuff and I used to charge a lil bit to cover my costs and I was doin this for 5 months what a green eyed monstered lil madam:evil: she defiantly feels threatened by u as you are charging less to practice on people and to be quite honest her actions were so un professional rude and uncalled for us nail techs should all encourage each other do succeed keep going Hun and good luck post it back up coz u could be loosing potential models for your nails :lol::lol:X

Oh dear.... how demoralising when your training, poor you! when i was training i asked for models on my wall for trainee tech and charged £10. I was told bby tutor to do this, after all its not good business to do freebies, and after all tthat is why you are doing this, to build a good business.
I too have been met by the odd catty remark ( well one really ) stick to your guns, just because your training doesnt mean you have to do yourself out of future business or act like a charity, stick at it and ignore whoever sent you the vileness ;)

If you was offering them FREE she would still gripe because if a tenner charge is a threat to her then FREE m ust be a killer.... We all have to start somewhere and that is at the beginning xx

Nope you have done nothing wrong every body has to start somewhere don't they and you shouldn't do it for nothing at the end of the day there is products to buy and maintain your stock when I started I went through loads of stuff and I used to charge a lil bit to cover my costs and I was doin this for 5 months what a green eyed monstered lil madam:evil: she defiantly feels threatened by u as you are charging less to practice on people and to be quite honest her actions were so un professional rude and uncalled for us nail techs should all encourage each other do succeed keep going Hun and good luck post it back up coz u could be loosing potential models for your nails :lol::lol:X

Oh dear.... how demoralising when your training, poor you! when i was training i asked for models on my wall for trainee tech and charged £10. I was told bby tutor to do this, after all its not good business to do freebies, and after all tthat is why you are doing this, to build a good business.
I too have been met by the odd catty remark ( well one really ) stick to your guns, just because your training doesnt mean you have to do yourself out of future business or act like a charity, stick at it and ignore whoever sent you the vileness ;)

If you was offering them FREE she would still gripe because if a tenner charge is a threat to her then FREE m ust be a killer.... We all have to start somewhere and that is at the beginning xx

my group is still going and growing thankfully i think ppl have just added it to see the goss to be honest lol. but never mind its still getting me out there.
with all the bitchiness out there tho i am afraid to put pics on,, i already no my nails need alot more practice and they are not by any means prefect but ppl keep asking. i just dont think i could take another public slating :Scared:

Forget her hun some people are so highly strung , she forgets she had to learn once :eek:

my group is still going and growing thankfully i think ppl have just added it to see the goss to be honest lol. but never mind its still getting me out there.
with all the bitchiness out there tho i am afraid to put pics on,, i already no my nails need alot more practice and they are not by any means prefect but ppl keep asking. i just dont think i could take another public slating :Scared:

Dont be afraid, your training and if you get critisism(sp) you have to take it constructively, as long as it comes constructively and not bitchily.... Im a super newbie also, and its a tough slog out there, we will make mistakes, we will come across critisim and unfortunately we will come across bitchiness but it all will take us to where we want to get, and that is experienced and talented nail artists :biggrin:
(im also telling myself this, practicing what im preaching :Scared:)

Latest posts

Back