How cheeky!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems she must have problems with her work for her to send such a nasty message to you. Like you said her nails can't be up to much.

I'm doing the same as you hun, charging £10 and informing friends and family it's to cover cost of products. All have been fine so far 

Keep at it, practise practise practise. Don't let her nasty comments bother you x

oh i wont let her stop me. i love it to much to stop. i am also very hard faced i was just horrified that someone could be that nasty.

we do all need to give each other a push sometimes and a helping hand in the right direction. it all helps.

Today i got an email from someone because i have made a group about me doing nails so i can get ppl to practice on. i have put that i am new to this and need ppl to learn on . i will only be charging £10.00 as i have to pay for the stuff.

Anyway this girl messaged me saying .."EWWWWW GET THAT S**t OFF HERE!!! PPL LIKE U MAKE A BAD NAME FOR US!
so i deleted it off my wall and in boxed her and said, "i really dont no why you could be like this, i am learning so need ppl to LEARN ON. I dont see how my group would make a difference to u?

she messaged back, " that i have a cheek to ask ppl to pay u when u cant do them."

I really could not get over this. am i wrong to ask for ppl to pay me at this stage? I use nsi so its not cheap.

I don't think you're wrong to ask, you do have to cover your costs mind. I'm a coward myself = still practising on family and frineds and do a swap- ie wax for nails 'til i feel comp confident. It would amaze you how may folk can see that your work is amzing - even tho y:biggrin:ou may feel it's inadequate- when you see them after a week - you tend to think someone else done a good job but in fact it was you- strange!!

meant to add, obviously this girlfeels threatened- so obvious- take some fun in that- she's madeherself so obvious :)

Its a shame you had to come into contact with her, I would put your advert back on and take no notice, after all what is she scared off???

Its a shame you had to come into contact with her, I would put your advert back on and take no notice, after all what is she scared off???

i have done and put in big cap letters TRAINING, MODELS NEEDED.
I have not deleted all her post's and i have not bloked her. i wanted to at first the once i seem what u all where saying thought "no she can see how well i am doing, and pther ppls comments" lol (worked a treat) no come back now haha

Omg what a b! Daren't put the whole word!

When I trained in college, all our clients, friends, models etc all paid! So yes, you should charge!

It's not just what she said though, it's the way she said it!

Im assuming that you are qualified? just new to the qualification and therefore practising for a cheap price? if this is the case then you are doing nothing wrong? You need to charge as you say to cover the cost of your products and your insurance.
If however you are not yet qualified, then i believe that you can not charge. You can ASK for a donation to cover costs, but not actually state a price. Check with your insurance though xx

Cover your costs/time ect.
old saying nothing in life comes free.
good look with it all.

Cover your costs/time ect.
old saying nothing in life comes free.
good look with it all.

thanks hun,
i spoke to a friend of mine today and she said she had someone steal her nail art designs and put them on her page as hers.. dint realize it was such a dog eat dog world doing nails :/

thanks hun,
i spoke to a friend of mine today and she said she had someone steal her nail art designs and put them on her page as hers.. dint realize it was such a dog eat dog world doing nails :/

I'm sure in microsoft office (nit sure which programme) there is an option to watermark your photos. Might be worth your friend doing x

I'm sure in microsoft office (nit sure which programme) there is an option to watermark your photos. Might be worth your friend doing x

WOW! Really that well good ill let her now :) thx x

Im assuming that you are qualified? just new to the qualification and therefore practising for a cheap price? if this is the case then you are doing nothing wrong? You need to charge as you say to cover the cost of your products and your insurance.
If however you are not yet qualified, then i believe that you can not charge. You can ASK for a donation to cover costs, but not actually state a price. Check with your insurance though xx

If you're training and have student insurance I think you can charge a lesser amount? I may be wrong but I think that's what my insurance said when I was training x

O my how cheeky is she I wouldn't of even emailed here. I've only just finished my gel and l&p so I charged peeps £10 to do their nails as I needed to practise but I just explained to them first why I as doing them so cheap. Ignore her and you do what's best x

thanks hun,

There are lots more Nice techs out there than the nasty ones but unfortunately I think we have all come up against them!!! I found this quote appropriate!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1319708856.014321.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1319708856.014321.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 83
There are lots more Nice techs out there than the nasty ones but unfortunately I think we have all come up against them!!! I found this quote appropriate!!

That quote is awesome! :)

Thats really really out of order. What the hell has it got to do with her anyway?

Ive not long finished my course and am about to take my exam and I have a page on FB stating I am training and that I need models for my portfolio, I charge between £8-£13 depending on what they want. Its not just the products though, they need to pay for your time. Its taking me 2 hours at the moment to do a set of gel tip and french overlay so yes, why the hell shouldnt you be charging?! Just ignore her.

love it.... ill keep that in mind now lol. thanks :lol:

Thats really really out of order. What the hell has it got to do with her anyway?

Ive not long finished my course and am about to take my exam and I have a page on FB stating I am training and that I need models for my portfolio, I charge between £8-£13 depending on what they want. Its not just the products though, they need to pay for your time. Its taking me 2 hours at the moment to do a set of gel tip and french overlay so yes, why the hell shouldnt you be charging?! Just ignore her.

we really need a "like button" on here :biggrin:
well done on finishing ur course and good luck for ur exam xx

Latest posts

Back