How Did You Get Yours.....?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a Star said:
Ive got a son i call Dork boy i would have willingly let you have him to join your family (he's 16 next month teenagers need i say more lol)
well you know how kids are - Haydn our eldest (12 this month) calls Dexter - Dorkster - isn't that terrible - only kids can think of that kind of name :rolleyes:

Mrs Geek said:
I guess my name is pretty damn obvious but I'm glad he chose Geek because Mrs Dork sounds REALLY PANTS!!!! :eek:

Great thread BTW - I have often wondered why people use their particular name - Soz - you really made me laugh - bless ya!!! :biggrin:

Samantha,

you are lucky he moved from the original name beginning with S and became the Nail Geek all those years ago LOL. How sad am I, I had that one in my favourites way back then.

i didnt just wanna have Jess or Jessica etc...
i have got an aol email which is sparklepink79 (i couldnt just have sparkle pink then tho) i came up with it cos i love pink and things which sparkle too:)

Jess
xox

naturalnails said:
Samantha,

you are lucky he moved from the original name beginning with S and became the Nail Geek all those years ago LOL. How sad am I, I had that one in my favourites way back then.
OMG that would have been terrible - for those of you who may not know - Sam was known as Samuel 'Spunkaaaa' Sweet:eek: In the US, this means you have 'zing' or 'hutspa' (god knows who you spell that) - anyway - he soon realised in the UK that this name would not work!!! Mrs ...naaaa let's just :o NOT go there!! :rolleyes:

Mrs Geek said:
OMG that would have been terrible - for those of you who may not know - Sam was known as Samuel 'Spunkaaaa' Sweet:eek: In the US, this means you have 'zing' or 'hutspa' (god knows who you spell that) - anyway - he soon realised in the UK that this name would not work!!! Mrs ...naaaa let's just :o NOT go there!! :rolleyes:

I just spat my diet coke everywhere then :lol:

Bless him - I bet you changed that PDQ :lol: :lol:

Well i'm currently at college studying to be a Marine Biologist, when i entered that course we are suposed to choose a boy (or a girl if you are a boy) to be your course's godfather and they give us names made up by them. Mine chosed Prionace, coming from Prionace glauca the scientific name for the blue shark, i've been using it ever since as my nick :)

Trinity Nails said:
I just spat my diet coke everywhere then :lol:

Bless him - I bet you changed that PDQ :lol: :lol:

:biggrin: :D ;) :D :D

Prionace said:
Well i'm currently at college studying to be a Marine Biologist, when i entered that course we are suposed to choose a boy (or a girl if you are a boy) to be your course's godfather and they give us names made up by them. Mine chosed Prionace, coming from Prionace glauca the scientific name for the blue shark, i've been using it ever since as my nick :)
that's Fab - I always wondered what that meant!! We are now wiser Geeks !!

i started this thread because i was nosey...and i'm loving it! I've nearly wet my knicker laughing!! :lol: I might have to prepare a little 'hit' list of those of you who haven't come forward but have bizarre user names, although they may seem perfectly normal to you! You have been warned! I'm sure you can tell alot about someones personality by the name they have chosen and more importantly WHY and HOW they got it!

My username is pretty boring, that's why I always use my nickname "Diya", as my signature. The "M" stands for the first letter of my maiden name. "Glover" is my married name, and "Fam" stands for family. So all together it's both my last names, and family, to represent our family. I use it when I'm chatting online, some people call me "Mg". But Diya is better. *wink*

I'm dead boring as well.....
icon_sad.gif
......my name is Kelly, hence kel, and I was born in '81......

Mine is dead boring too. Jester is the name I will call my horse.....when I've made enough money to buy it!!!

my name came about as people keep telling me to grow up - but i refuse - im staying young forever - hence peterpan (tho im not male) - but hey who cares........

Lmao this is a darn good thread! ;)

My name... :D is taken from 2 things...
Lay - because my name is Layla :eek:
and Star...because my idol is (yet again I say :o ) Nelly Furtado, and her nickname is Nelstar and she was also in a band called NelStar before she went solo...some pointless trivia for ya'all!)

So stick 'em together and you have LayStar...aka Nelly's wannabe Chicha :o :D

...on with the next person... :o :eek: :D

xxx

LayStar said:
Lmao this is a darn good thread! ;)

My name... :D is taken from 2 things...
Lay - because my name is Layla :eek:
and Star...because my idol is (yet again I say :o ) Nelly Furtado, and her nickname is Nelstar and she was also in a band called NelStar before she went solo...some pointless trivia for ya'all!)

So stick 'em together and you have LayStar...aka Nelly's wannabe Chicha :o :D

...on with the next person... :o :eek: :D

xxx
you were one of those on my 'hit list' -i just needed to know where you got yours from!! :D ta very much!

Aylin is actually my first name. When asked for a username I could'nt think of anything on the spot, so I stuck with it. I called my business Nails For You, after my daughter said "can I do your nails for you mummy", so there's no great story there either. But now I would'nt mind changing my username to Glitzy Girl, that's what I call my girl's nail art and make-up party business.

So what do you all think?
Opinions pleeeeeeeeeeease.

Aylin

When we started to plan for our wedding, hubby and I want a thyme, some thing Irish. As I’m the romantic, traditional, family one and coming form the west of Ireland we decided on the Claddagh ring or Galway ring as it was known back in the 1850s (a bit of history for ye all) and also used as an engagement or a wedding ring. The heart in the design symbolizes love to share with your true love. The crown symbolizes undying loyalty and the hands symbolize friendship, which is, after all, the very foundation of love, with loyalty holding the two hands together.

So Claddagh Nails was the obvious choice when I trained, my love of nails, new friendships would be made and my loyalty to clients.

There even is a guide that explains the symbolism of how the ring is worn. If the ring is worn on the right hand with the heart pointing out, it means that the wearer's heart is uncommitted. Worn on the same hand with the heart pointing inward, the Claddagh ring means that the wearer's heart is taken. Worn on the left hand with the heart pointing inward, it means "Let Love and Friendship reign forever, never to be separated.

When I was younger and used to hit the town a lot ;) guys always used my long natural nails as chat up lines :eek:
Y'know girls the old "ooh ! Id love to feel those run down my back" kind of garbage :rolleyes:
Anyway when I met my present partner he hated my nails .. thought women with overly long nails looked like hookers :eek: so I used to tease him and say 'watch out for my whores claws' ... was gonna use it on the site but, well doesnt quite give the right impression does it ... hence Glorsclaws :o

Me..well because firstly I love Fabric# so FAB and secondly I am a Freak to my mates as I am always on about nails which they think is Odd (and Fab Odd/essy I didn't like) so I went with

hence Fab Freak...

PS: one day hopefully fab will refer to my overlays being fab :o and not the product!!

Plus Dean loved the name when I suggested it to him he said its memorable...

PS should have really been rambling freak :rolleyes:

I'm afraid mine is really boring. I couldn't think of anything at the time so just used the first initials for the family. Paul being hubby, then Louise (that's me! ;) then my three kiddies, Abbie, Olivia and Harry.

Need to change it but can't decide what too!! :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back