How long for a brazilian

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soriminah

Reaction score
Hi all

I was just having a look at a large chain salon website here in Oz. They mostly just do nails, pedicures and waxing. Anywho, they advertise their brazilians take 6-10 minutes. I was like WTF?? They claim to use XXX wax so that would suggest it's hot wax.

So how long does it take you to do a brazilian? I average 20 mins.

Talk about wham, bam, thank you m'aam!!! I'll bet their clients are on a conveyor belt!! hahahah! Im quite new at intimate waxing, so it can take me 45 mins..hope to get quicker with more practice though..lol xx

It takes me about 15 to 20 mins now, but my first one took an hour and a half!
Even the greats like Kim take about 15 mins so I think it's a bit of bigging up on their part, to be honest!

I'm pretty quick but can't do a maintenance in less than 20 mins and a "new" one in about 40 mins. Surely anything much less than that is either not thorough or too brutal?!

I allow myself 45 mins for a new client and roughly 20-30 for maintenance, depends on the client, some I can do quicker than others, I am quite slow though!:rolleyes:

A friend of mine worked in Austrailia in a waxing clinic and she said the clients over there get waxing done about every 3 - 4 weeks so have very little hair! If our clients were as good as that we'd get it done that quick also! I dont know about you but I get a lot of first timers and yes I could do it in 10 minutes but I'd have to peel my client from the roof! An extra bit of time goes a long way for client comfort xxx

I think it depends on the client. Really dense hair is better being removed in smaller strips. Some take very little time 20 mins others longer. Some places I feel do not always do a true brazilian either:( so timing may not be comparable. If you do a good thorough job making sure all the hair is removed and their skin is looked after anything up to 40 mins I feel is acceptable.

I think it depends on the client. Really dense hair is better being removed in smaller strips. Some take very little time 20 mins others longer. Some places I feel do not always do a true brazilian either:( so timing may not be comparable. If you do a good thorough job making sure all the hair is removed and their skin is looked after anything up to 40 mins I feel is acceptable.

Absolutly couldn't agree more! Everywhere does differen't types of Brazilians!

30 minutes - and not one single hair left behind anywhere except the little bit that's supposed to be there.

Jacqui xx

about 30 mins for me also ... i dont see how they could do a brazilian in 6-10 mins :suprised: x

I could do a brazilian in 6 - 8 minutes but there would definately be hair left behind and it wouldn't meet my standards by a long long way!!

Jacqui xx

Maybe they use just one giant strip and rrrrrrip ;) hehe

yes well thats what i mean i dont believe i would be able to offer a good service in ten minutes .... but maybe im just bit slow :suprised: ... i think client would feel rushed x

I do one whole side and while it is cooling I start laying wax down on the other side .. which is why I say I could do it in a short time but it flat out wouldn't be an acceptable end result!!!!!

Jacqui xx

yes jacqui i agree :) x

yes well thats what i mean i dont believe i would be able to offer a good service in ten minutes .... but maybe im just bit slow :suprised: ... i think client would feel rushed x
30 minutes is not slow!!!

And excellent service is paramount.

Jacqui xx

yes for me also i believe in excellent client care and service , and believe this is what makes me a good therapist :) x

yes for me also i believe in excellent client care and service , and believe this is what makes me a good therapist :) x
Good girl, so it doesn't matter what they say they can do in Oz in 8 minutes .. seeing is believing eh lol.

Jacqui xx

Apparently in Queensland they do it in that sort of time but do it in practically one big strip. Don't really understand it myself but have heard about it too.

I'm in NSW and worked in a predominantly waxing salon in a Westfields as my first job out of college and must admit the number of brazilians and EBWs we did we could practically do them with our eyes closed. Good clients do get them done every 4wks and it definitely makes things quicker. Some of the other more experienced staff could do them in under 15mins when pushed. They would have the client lay with both legs bent out and apply multiple patches of wax on at once then used the strip of wax they first pull off to lift the next strip even if the edge wasn't in a hairfree spot. Does that make sense??

I trained with hot wax but was pushed to use strip wax at another salon I worked at and found that so much quicker that I mostly strip wax my clients now. Even as a sensitive client I prefer strip wax myself.

I can do it in 10-15 minutes depending on client's hair but I have been waxing now for 17 years. The only reason I know I can do it in this time is when my clients are in a hurry and ask me to get on with it and not chat too much. I wave my arms around a lot when I talk so this slows progress!

I think 20-30 minutes would be a decent speed though and anyway it's not a flippin race is it? :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back