How many of you want to move into Beauty?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you interested in Beauty too??

• Yes i want to be a full therapist!

Votes: 84 62.2%
  • Not sure still getting to grips with nails!

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • No nails is my no 1 passion & i`m sticking with it!

Votes: 38 28.1%
  • No i am fed up with nails already!

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

butterfly100

Reaction score
Since becoming a nail technician i find myself more and more interested in other areas of beauty and holistic treatments!
Do you find the same or are you happy to perfect and stick with nails?
I feel i will most likely end up doing courses in beauty therepy but nails will always be my no 1 passion!! What about you guys?? :)

i've always offered nail and beauty treatments as i think they work well together.

I have just given up nails, its not for me.
And have just started a Beauty Therapy course.

I didn't vote as I don't want to be a full Therapist but I need to add other services to make my business worth while.
I haven't quite decided what yet but I am thinking about it:lol:

Im with Karen,
I don't want to do beauty full time, but would like to add some etxra's to my nail business to bring in extra cash flow

Sorry guys its my 1st poll and i should have added a section for that!! Nevermind, thanks for the comments anyway!!! Duh xxx

Nails are my first love but i have found that other treatments need to be available to clients, so i do some beauty treatments but not all, plus i am a bit pushed for space so it is a case of if i can do the treatment at my desk or on the beauty couch then I'm ok so i am a bit limited as to what i can offer

im none of them. But i would like for me to do both at the same time. Yet there isnt an option on that poll.....

im none of them. But i would like for me to do both at the same time. Yet there isnt an option on that poll.....
There is an option to tick more than 1 choice hun.....sorry if its not clear but i assumed anyone ticking the top box would still be doing nails too and not to give them up to do beauty therapy!! Sorry as i said its my 1st poll......whoooops xx :)

Although I only do nails, I've been asked that many times if I "do eyebrows", perhaps I should seriously think about taking a waxing course!

Nails are my passion , i abserloutly love them ,
But i have started a beauty course , due to the fact i could see a gap in the market round here where i live , for a home therapist (see sassy i do listen to your advice re buisness head lol)
lots of clients i had asked about waxing , or eyebrow tinting etc.. so i thought GET IN THERE !
My tutor on the nail course joanne planted the seed to begin with , i had never even considered beauty ,
so theres a gap , and im going to fill it eventually , as far as i know theres nobody else local who does home therapy , so i wont be steping on anybody's toes either :lol:

Win win situation i hope for me and clients ...
i get to work around my family , as and when ,
and they get to have treatments around their family ...if they have baby's "not a problem" i have cbeebies and tonnes of kiddie toy's , they can come along :green:

i trained in the whole beauty thing... but i loved the nails... yep i can do an eyebrow wax etc... but im nt a beauty therapist im a nail tech ;)

Jess
xox

I am still trying to get to grips with nails. Although I know I will never stop learning, once I feel more comfortable with nails then at that point I would poss look at doing beauty treatments.
I dont think I could manage juggling more right now, my nails would suffer and I dont want that.

I have the up most respect for beauty therapists, there are so many areas they have to be spot on with! I really don't know how you guys do it. Hats off to you all!!!!

As you might of guessed I am not.
When I found nails that was it. I just didn't want to do anything else, and that still stands. Not sure if that makes me narrow minded or what, but at the end of the day I feel that I want to put 100% in to one subject.
It's challenging as it is being a nail technician with out even thinking about beauty treatments!(Well it is for me anyway!)

So I think I'll stick to being a nail technician, :) :)

Just nails for me! I love having beauty treatments, but nails are my passion and I've got no desire to do beauty as well.......

I do read Skin Geek posts though and have learnt loads from them!!

I would love to do nails and that was my first training want, but I have ended up on a beauty therapy course which I absolutely love and am doing nail training in the summer. I wanted to be a mobile nail tech, now I'm thinking of making a home salon offering nails and beauty.

It's the other way round for me! I've been a beauty therapist for 10 years, and I've recently been thinking about training to do nails too. Gotta save up first though!!:)

Hi there

Nails always has been my numba 1 for over 20 years.
As of the end of last year I completed beauty courses & have enjoyed the extra's that come with being able to offer more service's.

As an owner operator with casual employee's of variying skill & knowledge I find it essential to be able to understand all aspects of my business & treatments carried out.

Took me a while to leave the nail desk, but am glad I finally did it.

XX J XX

I'd be very honest to say that I prefer beauty to nails.
From experience and only a personal opinion, I believe it should be one or the other. Doing nails is a full-time job in itself which is great. However when you combine the two you find (well I do), one out weighs the other in terms of the amount of time spent doing them.

I started with nails but have gone on to do waxing, facials and make-up. I found doing just nails a little boring, also my clients were asking if i was going to do the other treatments so i though hey, i will get in there. it also helped that i do enjoy all aspects of beauty. I thoroughly enjoy all the treatments that i offer and do not get bored as i am doing a range of them daily. But what ever floats your boat i say! :)

Latest posts

Back