How many treatments out of a pot of wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonightwefly

Reaction score
hi....im learning to wax at college at the mo and weve broken up for mini hols.anyhoo got a question as ive bought wax warm wax heater and i wanted to know how many full leg waxes on average you can get out of a pot ....say the client was a size 16. how much of a profit margin can i expect basically? :)
btw im new on here so hello!!!

Will you only be waxing legs?
Not eyebrows, chest/back, underarms?

Its not always to do with what size a client is but often to do with the type of growth of hair. My Mum and I have full leg waxes but simply dont have hair that grows on the back of our thighs so wouldnt have that area waxed as theres no need, this sort of thing can affect how much wax is used.

You also have to think about how many consumables you will be using. On one client if covering a larger area you would end up using more spatulas to avoid double dipping, you may also use more strips on one person than another.

i asked for full leg as this is a large area and i thought id best be able to guess how long a pot would last from it. you answered my question with several other un-needed questions. yes i am doing other bits but used full leg as a bench mark...anyone got an answer?

i asked for full leg as this is a large area and i thought id best be able to guess how long a pot would last from it. you answered my question with several other un-needed questions. yes i am doing other bits but used full leg as a bench mark...anyone got an answer?
hello welcome to salon geek .

Im glad u have found the site but i think your response is a bit rude to louiser considering she was spending her time even answering ur question,!!

As louiser say u would be doing other smaller treatments to so this would be hard to measure i also find using differnet waxes also consumes different amounts of wax , Will you be using a cream wax or a normal honey warm wax ,? Obviously if u were using hot wax this would consume more to .

its warm honey wax.

I have copied and pasted this from another thread. It was posted by Lori Nestore, the U.S. Wax Queen:-

"You will find using an expensive wax if you know how to use that brand your cost of goods will not go up. So even if PR and Berins are more expensive per can or bag, they are both not more expensive in the long run per service. At the end of the month/quarter/year your cost of goods should run in between 5% and 10% and this is still true for a more expensive wax. You will generally use less, and if it lets you be quicker with less skin reaction then you decide if it is worth the initial investment.:

It is hard to say how many leg waxes from one can of wax because your waxing will probably be a complete mixture of body parts, but the 5-10% rule of thumb seems fair to me.

Hope that helps. :hug:

yeah thats helpful thanks.just have to get the calculator out now :eek:. :)

i would estimate an average 3 full leg waxes from one pot.

I probably did somewhere around 15 sets of half legs and 15 sets of half arms out of one 450gram tin at the show. It makes a huge difference if you know how to use your product.

You just can't call how many body parts, too many variables. That's why I do the cost-of-goods method.

Last edited:
On average 75g of wax will do 3 sets of half legs or 1 Full leg, bikini and underarm.

It all depends on your application. I apply my Cristal Ocean wafer thin so I gets loads. I see other waxers apply the wax so thick that they'll be luckt to get 2 sets of full legs. xx

forgot to mention, with a roller, i use just under a full roller (on average) for a full leg, which is about 65g and costs about £1

forgot to mention, with a roller, i use just under a full roller (on average) for a full leg, which is about 65g and costs about £1

Thats my benchmark too!

Latest posts

Back