How much do you charge for a spray tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pringle12

Reaction score
Going to do a course soon:eek:, and wondering how much to start off charging for a full.What do you charge from the start.x

Hi

It depends on what company you use, and solution you use.

I use sienna x.

When you have done your training, it depends where you live and other people charge.

hth

There are lots of factors to consider when setting your price.
I charge £12.50 as that's the price that works in my area. I'm salon based so i don't have to take petrol costs etc... into consideration.
My booth cleans itself so i don't spend ages cleaning up-i just press a button!
It takes me about 15 mins from start to finish with my regulars. New clients i allow 30 mins. I get a good enough profit at this price and my clients are always saying that it's affordable.
I would charge more if i was mobile but i would never pay more than £20 for a tan personally.

I charge from £20 - £32 per tan.

Kate

I was thinking around £15 a tan ,as around my area they charge £25 or should i charge £20 .jess-jame whats sienna like? and how much,and what site is it on so i can have a look hun, iv not heard of that ,but only just getting started in tanning so forgive me.

I was thinking around £15 a tan ,as around my area they charge £25 or should i charge £20 .jess-jame whats sienna like? and how much,and what site is it on so i can have a look hun, iv not heard of that ,but only just getting started in tanning so forgive me.

If you pm me your name,address,email address i'll arrange for a sample to be sent out to you.
I love Sienna it's the best I have tried but to be honest it's a personal thing.
Most companies will send you out a free sample to try xxx

Hi kylieb thats very nice of you thanks ill do that now.thanks geeks.x

I was thinking around £15 a tan ,as around my area they charge £25 or should i charge £20

Now this is only my opinion, but I truly think £15 is too cheap, especially if your local salons are charging £25. Assuming you're going to do mobile tanning, remember lots of clients will see you coming to their home as an advantage over a salon.

If you charge £20 then you've got some room to do some promotions as and when you build up your regular clientele - loyalty schemes, add-ons and suchlike. If you start off at £15, as many Salon Geeks have previously advised, you may find it hard to then justify any future increase to £20.

I tanned a client earlier tonight who recently paid £35 for a St Tropez spray tan in a salon, and hated the results (loves St Tropez, but clearly the therapist oversprayed far too much as she was left sticky all day long, with uneven results). Hopefully she'll love the results of my tan tomorrow and will turn into a regular client.

Hope that helps. I've followed lots of advice from Salon Geekies over the last few months and have had great success with lots of it.

xx

I charge £20 per tan in my salon, however I also run a loyalty scheme. When the client spends £100 on spray tans, I give them a free tan.
I've got quite a few regulars and they have their appointments booked from week to week.
Kerching ! ! !
:wink2:

I decided on £20 for a tan. I was going to do £25 a tan as i'm the only person on our island that does it. The neares place that does it is a 30 minute ferry journey that costs £7.80 then a half hour drive so I could've stuck with £25

I then thought that I'd rather get someone coming back maybe twice a month for a tan at £20 rather than one at £25.

I was charging £17.50 a tan to start with and i hardly did any. I then put it at £12.50 and i now do 50-70 a month. I think in the current economic climate people are looking for affordable prices. The only advertising i have done is leaflets on my counter. Most of my clients are from word of mouth.
I know some people say that cheap prices attract cheap people but this is not the case. For one i would never be so rude as to call anyone cheap!
I have had clients that have paid £25-£35 for spray tans and the salon has not provided sticky feet, not applied barrier creams to finger/toenails, not told them to apply moisturiser to any dry patches and not given them advice on how to look after their tan.
So sometimes you don't get what you pay for.

I think you have to know your area and your market, as angelina has said, she is salon based and her prices for her area are made on that basis.
Because she has a good client base and delivers a good service when she has to increase her prices, because of product price increase etc, she wont suffer for it.
You have said that in your area the going rate is £25. So if you were to put your fliers out stating that you do tans for £20 and this price includes all the sticky feet etc I think you should do ok. You could say its an introductory offer, or first 50 clients, not because you intend to change your price, but because human nature is to love a good deal and it helps to drum up that first few clients who will do the word of mouth bit.
Again I'll refer to angelina, one of the reasons she is successful is because she has her customer care skills, ie she makes them feel special, she's friendly and she's good at what she does. These skills are vital in our business:)
Around my area, the going rate is £20. But, spray tan parties are the normal way the mobiles work. The price for this is hostess free providing she supplies 6 friends and they get their tans for £16 each. So as you can see there is not that much difference from what angelina charges and its for the same reason, lower overheads. If its done right, you can get tanning circles going, so every 10 to 14 days you see the same 7 clients at a different house with one of the group getting a free tan and the rest get their group discount.
Hope this helps hun:hug:

Thanks for all your advice its really helped.Ill think ill start at £20 and do a special for£15, for a month or two.Partys are a great idear ,thanks again xx

Hi All

Im really sorry for jumping into a thread, but i have the question in a way.

I currently use Sienna x,

Use sticky feet on all clinets and they can have disposables if wanted and no extra charge.

I live on a main road, with about 4 hair and nail salons withinn 5 min walk.

There is only 1 that does spray tanning and they charge £12, do know if you get anything like disposables, sometimes it can be closed about 4 days a week.

I charge £15 for friends and Family and advitise at £18. Would you say this is too much or should i charge £15 for all.

Thanks

I charge £15, I personally wouldn't pay more than this, I think its still a good profit margain, if I were to be very very popular, then I would consider rising the price slighlty :hug:

I charge £20 per full body spray tan, sometimes run an offer for £15 to get some new clients in xx

I charge £15 full body, £10 legs only. I've only had one person who wanted a disposable thong. Most of my clients feel comfortable in their own undies.

I did charge £20 but got hardly any response. I advertised a summer saving of £15 and it went crazy so i kept the price and am still really really busy. My area charges £20-£30.

we charge 13.75 for a fake bake tan. many people in our area charge between 10-17 for tans (various brands) so we have placed ourselves in the middle. we also offer a loyalty scheme too. sometimes we do loads nad other times hardly any, its quite weather dependant i think.

tigi

Thanks for all your advice its been very helpfull.x:hug:

I charge from £20 - £32 per tan.

Kate

When you charge between £20 and £32 what are the criteria for your prices? Is it brand dependent or mobile or static dependent? Or does it depend on something completely different?

Lx

Latest posts

Back