How much does your accountant charge you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pay mine £450. I literally dump everything on him and smile sweetly. Poor guy haha.

I pay £200 which is well worth it as I simply hand over a list of takings and a box of receipts and run for cover!

I pay £240 for the year and not only does it saves me the time he is brilliant he puts no end thur that I don't have a clue about. Also it's av expense so it comes out of my tax

Choose carefully. I saw one accountant who wanted £850 + vat per year for ltd co. I spoke to another who said I dont need to be ltd, make it dormant until I have a salon and stay self employed. Now I dont need an accountant at th mo, can do it all myself as I am quite organised. Glad I spoke to the other co.

Hmmm, My accountant charges me £230ish just to submit my tax return. I do all the book keeping and put it in a spreadsheet, they just transfer and submit it. Think I should start looking around for a new one!

I'm quite fortunate in that my dad runs a business and his accountant does my books for nothing! :) x

Hmmm, My accountant charges me £230ish just to submit my tax return. I do all the book keeping and put it in a spreadsheet, they just transfer and submit it. Think I should start looking around for a new one!

I feel your pain!
Last year was my first return and even though I had gone on all the HMRC courses I wanted to make sure everything was in order as I had pre-start up expenses going back 2+ years.
Everything I gave him was in spreadsheets; Outgoings, Banking, Mileage etc so all he had to do was tick things off a list.
He quoted me around £150 and ended up charging me £300!
I was not happy, so this year I am doing my own return as it is easier this year as it is just 'in' and 'outs'.

Latest posts

Back