How much spray tan solution for one tan??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abbie.Jane

Reaction score
i went on my spray tan training on saturday and she told me that you use about 100ml for every srpay tan. is it just me or is that too much? x

As a newbie tanner 100ml is not excessive but you should be aiming to use 50ml or less really.

I use between 40 & 50ml per tan.

i went on my spray tan training on saturday and she told me that you use about 100ml for every srpay tan. is it just me or is that too much? x

No thats far to much .........it can be possible to spray that on a bigger person mind.

Ive found on a average person 50ml is the ideal amount and for taller or heavier people around 70ml i always pour 100ml in the cup before i start so i can measure when im finished.

Beaware of thicker solutions as you can use slightly more i find as it doesnt come through the gun as good as thinner solutions , u will know what i mean when you start trying out samples solution consistency varys form solution to solution. So you will have a different gun setting for each solution HTH

Thanks i thought so, if you dont mind me asking do you apply the tan horizontally or vertically? She tought me horizontally would that be the reason why she uses so much?x

I, and I think most people, tan vertically. You should using about 50ml or less depending on experience

Hi

Vertical or horizontal spraying shouldn't make a difference.

We use up to 50ml per person. Seems about average. 100ml is a lot, we put 80ml in the cups when training people and they never really use this much.

regards,

OMG

I, and I think most people, tan vertically. You should using about 50ml or less depending on experience

I find it alot easier and faster to tan vertically but was really unsure about the amount of solution as she had 9 years of experiance and said that using that much was normal x

What solution did you train with?

i spray horizontally and vertically

i do 3 thin layers THE first and 2nd vertically and the last one horizontally.

thatss how i was trained, i look at it as like a base, colour, and finish :biggrin: hth

Hi there.
Don't suppose your trainers name started with an R did it? Did u go to her house in SW London? If so, she trained me Thursday and told me the same. I nearly fell off my chair but then she charges £35 a tan so 100ml per tan wouldn't really matter would it?
I also questioned the horizontal spraying after and am developing my own technique. A bit of both.
When I did my 1st spray on my SIL myself after I only used 50ml
How are you getting on? Have you done any more tans since?

Latest posts

Back