How to cover the natural nail at the back with L&P smoothly?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*sarah*

Pmu Geek
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me how to cover the back of the nail if the client wishes just to have rebalances but still does not want to see her natural nail as the white makes it looks a bit dirty. I know I couls try putting some L&P down the back but how do you get it smooth or can you? as you obviously cant get a file in to do it. Is there a special tool or do put a form under once it been on a minute? By the way I sculpt :)

xx

No you need to custom blend zones 2&3 so its not noticeable, you need some falwless pink for the coverage. have a look at the tutorials on colour wheels and custom blending they should give you some good ideas.

No you need to custom blend zones 2&3 so its not noticeable, you need some falwless pink for the coverage. have a look at the tutorials on colour wheels and custom blending they should give you some good ideas.

thanks, but the client still wants the bright white, so this would'nt be any good for her

Hi sarah, do you mean her own nail growing up under the enhancement?

Hi sarah, do you mean her own nail growing up under the enhancement?

yes at the back of the nail(palm side facing you), when the enhancement grows up you start to see the natural nail, I always cut mine right down coz I don't like to see it my self but if I could cover it smoothly I could just rebalance. x

I have never heard of that being done Sarah tbh, I do the same as you and make sure the nail is short enough before I tip or sculpt and by the time the clients nail has grown up enough I normally do nno.

No neither have I, just wondered if someone out there maybe knew how to do it, maybe I'll experiment with mine when there due for a rebalance lol

Hi
I would think that if you applied l&p to the underside of the nail, you'll probably end up with 'step' where the l&p meets the hyponichium, like when your nail form does'nt fit the nail properly.

You could always paint the underside with enamel.

:)

Hi
I would think that if you applied l&p to the underside of the nail, you'll probably end up with 'step' where the l&p meets the hyponichium, like when your nail form does'nt fit the nail properly.

You could always paint the underside with enamel.

I have painted the underside with enamel works well.

I would just cut the nail down and sculpt from there, that way she can have the nice underside of the nail, if it bothers her.

I would imagine putting L&P would be a little like leaving a gap when sculpting, allowing product to go under and over the free edge.. i dont know of any way to file that, and tbh, if you put too much under there it can be VERY uncomfortable and impossible to remove without taking off the whole overlay, and even re"fill" when it grows out..

I know what it feels like, as I had a hard time with form fitting when i first began sculpting...:lol:

I don't really think there is anyway you can do this without removing the free edge and starting again. Trying to 'coat' the underside of the natural free edge with l/p would be an over exposure nightmare waiting to happen, I don't think there's any way you could do it without touching soft tissue every time.

There are products you can retail to her to clean under the free edge, NailBrite, which can be purchased from Hyperion is one, although I've never used this myself....failing that a good old scrub with a nail brush.

Natural nails underneath the free edge of the overlay will never look as white a a sculpted free edge as they ain't white! HTH

Some clients get so hung up on this regrowth thing!!

Tell them to LIVE WITH IT until their nails have grown all the way out. No one notices it but they themselves.

As suggested, they could alwyas do a 'back flip' and paint the natural nail out with white french polish but it all seems a 'much of a muchness' to me. Or file down the free edge and re sculpt zone 1 which will mean extra revenue for YOU ... I would make a big charge for this (basically full set).

oh well looks like she'll just have to live with it or have a new set after an infill lol thanks for the comments thou ladies x

Latest posts

Back