How to fit a form?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PLAOH

jog jog jogging
Reaction score
I want to have a go at sculpted gel nails but I don't seem to get the right fit :o Any help or tips is appreciated.

Kind Regards
Louise
YOUR NAILS - MOBILE NAIL TECHNICIAN

Hi

Which forms are you using?? Some are a LOT harder to fit than others!

I used to struggle like crazy with form fitting, could never get it flush with the nail, or fit properly at the sides. So I went on a sculpting course recently, only took me 3 years (no 4 years) to get round to it and I wish I had done it years ago. My technique confidence and ability is a zillion times better and still improving. So really my best advice is to book a course it will be worth the investment.

Sassy Hassy said:
I used to struggle like crazy with form fitting, could never get it flush with the nail, or fit properly at the sides. So I went on a sculpting course recently, only took me 3 years (no 4 years) to get round to it and I wish I had done it years ago. My technique confidence and ability is a zillion times better and still improving. So really my best advice is to book a course it will be worth the investment.
GOOD ADVICE!

Sassy Hassy said:

This is good advise....but make sure you pick the right course and more importantly the right educator.

I have recently done a sculpting course and came away feeling very disappointed......and it was with a very reputable company. I still cannot fit a form properly and still feel as though I wasted my money on this one. :cry: :cry:

Little Angel said:
Hi

Which forms are you using?? Some are a LOT harder to fit than others!

I've got some from NSI. I was going to buy some Creative but didn't want to part with more money if I didn't get on with them. :lol:

Kind Regards
Louise

Sassy Hassy said:

I'm booked on a course for the 19th October with an IBD peep, that's if it isn't cancelled again due to lack of numbers :cry: :cry: I've been trying to get on this course since July and it keeps getting cancelled as there isn't enough interest in it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, there isn't a great choice in good education in my area. I did make enquiries with Creative but Emma was no longer working for the Norwich area. I'll have to be patient and book some training when I'm visiting my parents in Kent :lol: :lol:

I amalso looking to do some training with sculpting. Many geeks have also told me fitting the form is the hardest part toit. If you don't do that right then it mucks up the whole thing. I personally can't get on with the horseshoe forms but have tried using Creative and EZ Flow forms which are both good to use, i'm not good at it yet, but i'm getting there, roll on training day.

Latest posts

Back