How to get lots of phone calls & bookings......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Rose

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share with you all my success today of using facebook.

Those of you who are already fans will know I put out a post for people to phone between a certain time frame to win a free treatment.

Now I know a lot of you don't like doing freebies but for me, when I have staff wages to pay anyway, I'd rather they were treating clients than sitting around doing nothing. And tbh, I don't want to trawl the streets delivering leaflets (or pay to get them printed lol!)

I tried this competition a few weeks ago & got 6 bookings. Today, we got about 16 new clients to book in, about half of which added other treatments to their freebies, so yes, this will make me money.

Plus it increases the number of clients we have details for to market to at a later time.

Plus it gives us chance to talk to people about upcoming offers & what we have lined up for Christmas. Can promote gift vouchers, referral scheme, retail etc etc.

The treatments I chose were quick & easy, and inexpensive to do with usually a good return rate & one of them should be a very good retail opportunity for my newly launched bath & body products :green:

Hope this is of some help to those looking for new clients.

That's a great idea, think i will try that one too, i did think about doing a competition in the local paper but wasnt sure how to go about it.

How do you advertise like that on facebook, I have a page but alot of the people who have 'liked' it are friends and family rather than potential clients, how can i get other people to look in my area?

Thanks
AJ x

If you have a nose at my page and scroll down through it, you will see a lot of what I do.

Blue rose how did you get interest in the phone call comp out there? And how have you got loads of facebook interest ?

Blue rose how did you get interest in the phone call comp out there? And how have you got loads of facebook interest ?

Same as with any marketing initiative I spend time on it & do regular updates & try & engage with my likers/fans.

The details of the competition this morning are on my fb wall: Looks Beautiful | Facebook

I also run regular competitions to get extra likers.

Had a look, it looks good, like the idea, i dont have many likers though dont really understand how to get more x

This is a fab idea - do you have any terms and conditions such as booking the freebie in at a certain time etc.:)

What I'd like to know is how many people you book in? In the space of an hour you could potentially be taking a lot of phone calls which would easily book out a day or more in your salon? I don't do beauty tretments so not sure how long the treatments you offer free will take up.

I understand that bit once they call, i dont know how to get more people onto my facebook, how to target other local people, most of my likers are friends and family

What I'd like to know is how many people you book in? In the space of an hour you could potentially be taking a lot of phone calls which would easily book out a day or more in your salon? I don't do beauty tretments so not sure how long the treatments you offer free will take up.

This time around, the phone was ringing non-stop & we had potential clients beeping at us when we were on the phone so had some messages on the voicemail to phone back.

The freebies are not all booked in on one day. We book out either 15 minutes or 30 minutes depending on what treatment they have. You have to forget that you are doing lots of freebies & look at the bigger picture ie re-books, upgrades, retail etc.

As I said in my original post, doing freebies is not for everybody - you have to have the right mindset to see how it can actually grow your business & have a procedure for it all. But like anything, some you win, some you lose, not all will re-book but for us the amount that do, makes it worthwhile.

When you factor in how much it can cost in time & money on doing something like leaflet drops for instance, I know which I'd rather do. You could quite easily spend £200 or so on leaflets, spend hours getting them delivered, & STILL have no-one book in. How many of us have spent lots of £££££ on adverts & they've not brought in any clients? But that invoice still has to be paid!

With the freebies, you only pay for product & time when they come in.

I understand that bit once they call, i dont know how to get more people onto my facebook, how to target other local people, most of my likers are friends and family

Suggest to your existing likers that their own friends become a liker. Run a competition to see who suggests the most.

This is a fab idea - do you have any terms and conditions such as booking the freebie in at a certain time etc.:)

Thank you :) We don't let them book an evening appointment & restrict the Saturday slots - this depends on how busy a day it is as to how many we let go to freebies.

oooo thanks that's a fab idea x

Did you only let a certain number that called win??

I think its a great idea even if its only very occasionally if business is slow. I'll definitely use it when im up and running :) Thanks x

Thats a great idea, i have just put one on my facebook page " a treat for the feet"(hope you dont mind me using your words). Only have a few likers on my page, have suggested it to a few more friends too and also text contacts off my mobile that may be interested. I will get the winner to come to my home to help cut the costs. Fingers crossed, and thanks BLUEROSE for the fab idea. X

thanks! I don't understand facebook but have been forcing myself on there, lots yesterday and when I get a bit more confident I'll give it a go!

For every client that comes in do you 'friend request' them after a treatment or tell them to look at your salon /business group? I find the 'friend requesting' thing really personal and think Id have to know somebody reasonably well to invite them in my personal space. Coz you can get somebody to like your group without being your friend right? but then your facebook friends see everything on your wall, business or whatever and you get more exposure? I'm not sure :confused:

Did you only let a certain number that called win??

I think its a great idea even if its only very occasionally if business is slow. I'll definitely use it when im up and running :) Thanks x

We didn't have a maximum number of winners, they just had an hour in which to phone. Even I'm surprised at how many calls we got!!

Yes, it is a good one to run when you have a quiet spell. There's nothing like having no clients booked in that day to sap all your mojo, lol

Thanks Sarah for sharing that, it's a great idea especially for those times in Jan or Feb when it's really quiet, or if you've got a new therapist to build up. Do you do a lot of training with staff to upsell and retail? I must admit I have taken some of your ideas to try and build up our fans - hope you don't mind, until I discovered this site I didn't have a clue about facebook it's definately the way to go.
Thanks again.

I've got a facebook page and I notice you have one for you and one for the business how do I get a business one on there.. great idea by the way.

Latest posts

Back