How to look good naked!?!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

* Helen *

Reaction score
Did anyone watch how to look after your feet?

Dont wear nail varnish for one week out the four to let the nails breathe & dont continually wear dark colours as they discolour your nails!!

These are quotes from beauty journalists ... were do people get this information from beats me!!

LMAO I swore at the telly and Natalie told me to calm down!!! I was rather annoyed!!!

I heard this to!! ????:eek:

Did anyone watch how to look after your feet?

Dont wear nail varnish for one week out the four to let the nails breathe & dont continually wear dark colours as they discolour your nails!!

These are quotes from beauty journalists ... were do people get this information from beats me!!

If a person was to wear dark colour polish continually without using base coat then it would actually discolour your nails, they turn yellow, so that part is correct, but i know what what you mean about these beauty editors/journalists, most of the time they have no idea what they're on about and are being paid to tell us that a product they have been given for free is the best on the market.

If a person was to wear dark colour polish continually without using base coat then it would actually discolour your nails, they turn yellow, so that part is correct, but i know what what you mean about these beauty editors/journalists, most of the time they have no idea what they're on about and are being paid to tell us that a product they have been given for free is the best on the market.

Yes it would be they dont tell people how to prevent yellowing (wearing a base coat)... just scaremongering people not to wear dark colours continously or for a lengthy time IMHO

Its when clients say they dont want to wear dark colours or for a length of time as they have been told this and that ... which is not true!!

Ok I'm stopping waffling!!:lol:

Yes it would be they dont tell people how to prevent yellowing (wearing a base coat)... just scaremongering people not to wear dark colours continously or for a lengthy time IMHO

Its when clients say they dont want to wear dark colours or for a length of time as they have been told this and that ... which is not true!!

Wearing a basecoat dosn't always prevent yellowing though,unfortuantly.But why would we want our nails to "breath"???lol:green:

That's why it's our job as qualified professionals to educate our clients and set the record straight that is perfectly safe to wear dark colours for a length of time. I always make sure my clients know that "Nadine Baggot, Celebrity Beauty Editor" (and others like her) probably isn't qualified in beauty at all. But I totally agree it is very frustrating!

TBH if people wear polish all the time then it doesn't really matter because any discolouring will be covered up anyway ... by erm polish! Nails are dead they don't need to let the air get to them (unless maybe they are infected). With that same theory people would have to remove their overlay product once every 3 weeks and give the natural nail a chance to catch their breath for a week before being suffocated again! :green: :irked: What a complete load of tosh and piffle!:smack:

i never saw this but had to laugh at the title of this thread...

how to look good naked....SQUINT....:lol: xx

LMAO :lol: never thought of doing that!!

hello my nails stopped "breathing" years ago... i did not think this was due to too much nail polish... i thought it was cos me feet stink:eek::eek: and they were holding their breath:lol::lol::lol:

Or stand about 3 miles away from the mirror!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's what I do!:lol:

i was annoyed by that comment as well!!

it's a great program but i was surprised they showed people completely naked before 9 o'clock - i wonder if they'll be some complaints about that!!

i recognised the bras they put her in before they showed them properly as i work in a shop that sells them - how sad is that!! in fact i think they got the bras from us for the prog!!

I'm doing a programme on plumbing next week.:)

I'm doing a programme on plumbing next week.:)

Now that is really handy, could you nip round and give me a quote for refitting my downstairs loo ?:green::green::green:

Now that is really handy, could you nip round and give me a quote for refitting my downstairs loo ?:green::green::green:

Sure thing...it won't work of course :lol: I'll be round in the morning.

Sure thing...it won't work of course :lol: I'll be round in the morning.

Now look here, I thought you were a professional !!!!!!!!!!:green:

The Dimmer switch helps me look good when naked :green:

Latest posts

Back