How to remove colour from the carpet!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrobinson

Reaction score
O dear. What a disaster I had today.
I agreed to do a clients hair at home today and as usual put a gown on the floor to protect it. She couldnt do it in her kitchen as it was being used. So i was mixing the colour and turned round to get some water and hit the bowl on the chair so it went flying out of my hands! 6/71 on the gown, scooped it up thought thank god that was on the carpet. When i moved the gown at the end it had seeped thro onto her beige carpet!:cry:

i offered to try scrubbing it but she said no worries she would do it. so i practically ran out the door as i didnt know what to say!!

ive text her to ask how it is she said she'll have to try some stuff on it and not to worry but god i feel bad! any ideas how to get it out?

I used to work in hair and hairspray always got it out of my clothes. But im not sure if it's too late now as we used to do it straight away. Worth a go though xxx

Hi , run out the door lol x :lol:
Oh dear , was it a new carpet ?

you could perhaps go back and splodge a few some more bits of the same colour around just to even it all up ,:smack:
or take some a stencills with you big enough to cover the stain and create a really nice stencilled look all over if all else fails , lol x , only joking

I once spilt acetone on a tissue on my mums new coffee table, I didnt see it until I had cleared everything away and it was stuck to the varnished table, :eek:
I had to confess to my mum though lol x

Really though its awful when something like this happens :cry:
( I have done the same thing too )
I once tinted a ladies blouse with a dropped blob of tint the very same way you dropped yours , :eek: luckily I lent her one of my tops while I washed it out of hers,
but when we swapped our tops hers was perfect
but she had washed mine on a hot wash and ruined it :eek: lol

what is your client like ? she sounds ok ,

I can only suggest some hairspray too , then use water on a cloth to blot it off ,
sometimes acetone helps BUT not on certain fabrics though ,

just a good blot with water and elbow grease for now please try not to worry to much ,
(although that is much easier said than done )

just wait and see what happens
do let us know , :hug: minky

I'll be surprised if anything will get it out completely and scrubbing can damage the pile on the carpet, I'd properly offer her insurance details :cry: ..... then run out the door !

OMG I feel ill thinking about it! That's awful! She does sound nice though as someone else said. I would try vanish, hairspray would be too hard to get out of the carpet again I think. My auntie used this once on a top I accidently got colour on, and it worked. Let us know how it goes and good luck! x

Hi
I dont know if this would work. But what about the stuff you use to get it of the clients skin maybe that would work.

lol! o dear! yeah hairspray works on clothes if u spray it straight away then wash it in the machine. shes told me not to worry still, i doubt it will come out tho, its going to have literally coloured the fibres in the carpet !!

Latest posts

Back