How to succeed in nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for this fantastic post x

Awesome post - thanks Souz!

I am just working on my website and hope to have it online shortly, I am really hoping that this will help drive some business as I have none right now, although my salon is very new so not surprising!

I am finding my page on Facebook is not doing so well. I have over 30 likes so I get the tracking information but most of those likes are from SG friends who are in England, which doesn't help me over here. I have a few of my friends that have liked me but they are not sharing my posts so that their friends see them. I thought of doing a competition for the person that gets the most likes but to be honest most of those people are my friends who would likely come to me anyway. Also I don't know how to track those results. I have plenty of content on my page and am putting up new photos of nails I have done every time I have a customer..... not sure what else to do with it!

This is a fab post :)
Personally no.1 has been particularly successful for me. I've always got something eye catching on both mine and my mum's nails and this has led to a few regular clients, ladies that have complimented me on them and asked where I got them done and I've just handed my card over! Easy peasy :)

Fabulous thread thank you got taking the time to create and post !

Will deffinitley be popping in I. This one and adopting my sponge head to take it all in!

I've got so much updating of website and leaflets to do !

Thank you Claire.

Great post Souz, I tried to rep you but have to spread the love.

My 3 tips.
1. Practice, practice, practice and when your not busy practice some more. I know people may be worried about using up product but there's no way around that . Practice makes perfect.
2. Again facebook.....keep updating it and load as many pictures of nails you have done.
3. Best of the whole lot is word of mouth....happy clients will praise you to their friends and relatives...

Yes great thread souz

Such a great post! Thank you!

I just received a text this morning about another mobile offering Gellux for £10, half of what I charge.

It can be very frustrating but I have trained for years, and I'm a professional so there is no way I will go that cheap. It just won't cover costs!

Thanks again :)

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Awesome post - thanks Souz!

I am just working on my website and hope to have it online shortly, I am really hoping that this will help drive some business as I have none right now, although my salon is very new so not surprising!

I am finding my page on Facebook is not doing so well. I have over 30 likes so I get the tracking information but most of those likes are from SG friends who are in England, which doesn't help me over here. I have a few of my friends that have liked me but they are not sharing my posts so that their friends see them. I thought of doing a competition for the person that gets the most likes but to be honest most of those people are my friends who would likely come to me anyway. Also I don't know how to track those results. I have plenty of content on my page and am putting up new photos of nails I have done every time I have a customer..... not sure what else to do with it!

dont rely on just one thing, facebook doesnt work for everyone, keep at it though as you never know but make sure you are not concentrating all your energy on it and are chasing other avenues aswell. If you have a website link it to your facebook page. See if your local community has a facebook page and join there and advertise, see if they will help promote you.

dont forget to contact local groups and charities,see if you can help with their fundraising and raise your profile at the same time and add those events to facebookxx

:idea:great post. I have been racking my brain coz i havent been as busy as i would like, this really puts things in perspective. Thnx

I am a little stuck for the mo because I am 6 weeks away from having my 2nd child (been a fab time to get practising, do training courses, build up mini client base - terrible time to start marketing myself heavily lol!) however I am going to keep focusing on my small amount of clients for now, which I found through playgroup!

My daughter's playgroup is actually its own charity so I suggested if they were happy to email everyone on their emailing list with my info, I would donate £1 from each treatment to their 'new playgroup garden' fund until the end of February. I got 5 clients from it who I have been seeing regularly.

Worth a try if anyone can get their hands on something similar x

smellenor, thats fab hun, keep those few clients to keep you in doing nails and then when you are ready build it up to a few days around your kids. you are an inspiration if you can do it when your ready to give birth!xxx

smellenor, thats fab hun, keep those few clients to keep you in doing nails and then when you are ready build it up to a few days around your kids. you are an inspiration if you can do it when your ready to give birth!xxx

Aww Thankyou !! X

Love this. Thanks xx

Thank you very much for this information. I have taken note and will be leaflet dropping and doing all I can this week.

Thanks again xxx

Personally speaking the best things that have helped my home salon along is:

1. Having my nails as eye catching but not too over the top, at all times. Where ever I go, I make a point of showing off my nails but not in a "in your face" way, just in a subtle way...like when I open my purse, I hold it up with my hand spread out on the back of it and pointing straight out, so many people see my nails and things like this ALWAYS get comments and I often get "who did your nails?" and of course, I rip out my business card and sell myself.

2. Word of mouth and encouraging (gently) my clients who I know work with lots of woman, to have something eye catching on their nails and this works great.
I also give certain clients my business card for them to hand out as well. For example, I have a client that works in a department store and for a well known high end beauty brand, she must have her nails perfect at all times, so she is a weekly client but she has bought me loads of business by being at her work and people asking where she gets her nails done. I now do all the people she works with at her counter (7 ladies) and I have 5 clients from another counter (different brand) and these last 5 have just been with me since the start of this year. The way things are going I'm thinking with in a couple of months, I might have most of the girls from there:) cause I know they are telling and showing everybody how great their nails are and where they get them done.

That is just a small part of how my business has grown through word of mouth.

I had the luxury of not having to make my business grow quick cause my husband is our bread winner of our family but it has just happened all on it's own and I couldn't be happier. In fact (and I hate to say it) I'm busier than I need to be cause I am recovering from a serious car accident last year and my body doesn't want to play nice:)

I do not have FB at all and I can live without it:)

Great thread!

i was contacted by my local womens institute to do a pamper evening (unfortunately i cant make the date) but thought some of you could contact your local wi groups and see if you can do something.

Also wondered if anyone attends networking groups in their areas?x

i was contacted by my local womens institute to do a pamper evening (unfortunately i cant make the date) but thought some of you could contact your local wi groups and see if you can do something.

Also wondered if anyone attends networking groups in their areas?x
Hi Souz, I may be having a "blonde" moment - what is networking, I understand the term when it comes to IT, but community networking??

Hi Souz, I may be having a "blonde" moment - what is networking, I understand the term when it comes to IT, but community networking??

you get business networking groups and particularly women in business network meetings, you generally have to pay a monthly fee and attend meetings monthly, it means you meet other like minded business women in your area and share ideas and recommend each other.

Women In Business Network - Womens Business Networking
Women In Business Networking :: The Athena Network

there are other local ones to each area xxx

Absolutely love this post - I made the mistake of offering silly prices but its very difficult to then up your rices for the clients that have been using your offer
I have learnt from my mistakes and don't tend to offer bargain deals any more except for seasonal offers
I have faith in the quality of my work and this seems to be enough
xxx

Latest posts

Back