How to tell clients of price rise?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorrineC

Reaction score
Hiya All,

I am thinking of increasing my prices slightly in the new year and am wondering the best, most polite way to inform my clients of this before it comes into effect..

I don't want to upset any of my clients but everything has gone up so much, I am ripping myself off by keeping them as they are...

Thanks so much, Corrine x

I would put them up for new clients but give your current clients 2 months' notice.

put up a sign in your reception and verbally tell everyone.

I had to put my prices up on December 1st, so I told people 2 months ago. Everyone seems OK about it.

I changed my prices this year. I explained to all my clients about the increase and not one of them moaned. They all understood. The key is to involve them to a degree and also ask them what they think on some things. It worked really well for me and my clients. They also had about 4 months to get used to the idea.
I printed up new price list and gave them out to everyone saying it was starting to change on 'such a date'

It's not as scarey as you think as long as they know.

I did the same too.
Back in july I had to change my product to a more expensive one, so I made a notice and gave all of my ladies a date.
Letting them all know that i would be having a price increase on September 1st.
They were all quite happy with that.

I agree, I'd get some small treatment pricing cards printed and tell clients when its coming into effect and give them a card advicing them of the new prices

I printed a notice, that I framed and put right on the corner of my table for clients to see easily,with the revised prices. They had 4mths notice that it was coming. No explanation was provided, very simple and matter of fact. If you offer 'explanations', then some try to wheedle out of it and start complaining. It's none of their business 'why'. Prices go up, it's a fact of life. Everyone likes a pay raise and everyone has to cover their costs.

hth's

Thanks so much for the info guys..

xox

Giving them notice is the best way. Good luck with it. x

The triple touch approach (from CND) is to write a letter 30 days before, send an email out and also display the letter on your reception desk.
I think thats fair. ignorance is bliss and you will still get people saying oh I didnt get anything or see anything!

If your in a salon then you have the excuse of overheads going up. If you are mobile then it can be tricky as i am in the same predicament. I have decided not to put prices up for my existing clients but to change them for new clients. I always write on the record card how much they have paid so this way i cant get confused.
Or you could send them a note in the post saying happy new yr and include a price list and say something like 'a few adaptions to my price list for 2009' But then i'm thinking it's prob not the best time to do it straight away after xmas.
xxx

I would put them up for new clients but give your current clients 2 months' notice.

I did this to in the summer and it worked really well as the existing clients were pleased they had notice and got a little bonus over new clients.

You will probably get some that huff and puff about it, infact I had 2 longstanding clients that actually told me i needed to put the price up as in the 2 years they'd been coming it had been the same then when I implemented the increase (which on their treatments was ONE POUND) they stopped coming !!!!!

Make sure all your price lists are updated and start giving them out now so you might even get some extra cash before xmas :)

I did this to in the summer and it worked really well as the existing clients were pleased they had notice and got a little bonus over new clients.

You will probably get some that huff and puff about it, infact I had 2 longstanding clients that actually told me i needed to put the price up as in the 2 years they'd been coming it had been the same then when I implemented the increase (which on their treatments was ONE POUND) they stopped coming !!!!!

Make sure all your price lists are updated and start giving them out now so you might even get some extra cash before xmas :)

Oh my god! Some people are just too tight! to moan over £1!!!! They are not worth your time :hug:

Latest posts

Back