How to use primer before EE?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardc02

Reaction score
Hiya, I am doing EE and when I did my training we were never taught to use a primer, just to cleanse eyes and remove make up etc. I have now decided to try a primer to see if it makes a difference when applying lashes. I have purchased a primer but wondered how everyone applies it. Do you just put some on a lash/brow brush and comb through lashes? And would you remove make up residue still first before applying primer?

Thanks

Yes just make sure you don't put too much on apply from under the lash and from the top over the lash.

I cleanse first then apply primer by dipping 2 microbrushes in the primer. I put one brush above the lashes and one below and just wipe lashes from base to tip, working my way along.

Lashbase do primer pads that are great too. They come in a tub and are just like little wipes.

Cant understand a company that would train you without explaining the importance of primer. It is THE most important step of lash prep :(

I put the primer on a disposable micropore brush and brush it through the lashes above, with a disposable foam padded brush (like the eyeshadow padded things - can't remember what they are called!) below to catch the excess and also make sure I have gone through the lashes properly.

That is a bit odd, when did you train in ele? You should definatly use primers. It's great as it makes the glue adheres to the lash, lasting longer. Also ensure its with the system of lash glues/debonders/remover etc, i tend not too mix systems, as i want to ensure it is a long lasting treatment. xoxo

Thanks for all your replies guys. I trained with HHBTA in July, and were only taught to clean make up off etc and didn't use primers! There are a few things that have come up with my training that we weren't told and I'm finding out loads more from this site!!! I will try the primer on my next set and hopefully the lashes will adhere better, as I was having some problems!

Thanks again

I only done my course a couple of weeks ago and we wasn't told to use a primer either :-((

I trained with nouveau in October and wasn't told to use primer :cry: Only when I joined this site I was aware to use it.

I trained with nouveau in October and wasn't told to use primer :cry: Only when I joined this site I was aware to use it.
Surely you had some protein remover pads in your kit?

Nouveau's primer is the protein pads, did you get them?

Just thinking aloud.... so would you use primer on someone who is having just refills? Would it matter if the primer got onto the lashes that were still attached?

Thanks

Sophie

I have used it on infills yes! Not sure if your supposed to??? But it was fine! X

Whats a primer?! :S

marvel kits do not contain primer either, and you are not taught to use it on their training.

Latest posts

Back