How Would you spend £600?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VictoriaJ

Reaction score
My dad has kindly lent me £600 for further training/kits. I have an idea how I would like to spend the money but how would you spend it?

We really need to know more before we can advise, your profile doesnt tell us much about you,your goals, or aspirations : )

Kate

Hi I would defo spend it on more CND Courses :)

CND!! I have serious CND envy at the minuite,
im just in the process of booking me in for some courses,woooo, cant wait!!

Sorry! I have just passed my nvq2 beauty therapy course. I work full time in property Lettings. I eventually want to fo beauty full time mobile.

I was thinking of doing air brush make up and lash extensions and saving for the cnd course.

CND all the way for me, or lash extensions seem to be v popular atm and i get a huge amount of my income from spray tans :) x

hi lucky u, well I would defo do the lashes courses as everyone wants them at the moment, I don't bother I have a friend she does my hair and lashes and I do her nails, me it would be to go on my masters route, I am actually going to get in touch with Julia tomorrow and get more info as I want to be a master CND Tech by the end of the year, Have fun with whatever you choose :)

Spend it on a Shellac Kit and Lamp.
You can then pay your Dad back in no time.

Don't you need to be able to do gels to use shellac?

gosh, how lucky for you! what abig jump, how come you have had such a big career change?

if you are wanting to go mobile would it not be best to put the money towards something like advertising/therapy bed/stool/carry bag etc? i'm not sure if at level 2 you can get insurance or not as it is not something i have looked into, but if you can then do you need to do extra courses as doesn't level2 cover everything from facials to pedicures to waxing and manicures? reguardless of anything else i would def put some money aside for insurance because the last thing you want is to have all these courses paid for and be ready to go and find you need to find extra money for insurance/end up paying monthly (can you do that like you can for car insurance? :\)

also, don't you do lash extensions in level2, if so would it not be a waste to do a private course? and of course you would have done waxing (not sure if you do intimate waxing at college, if not then is that not something you are interested in? it seems to be very popular with both men and women right now) or spray tanning (i did my training with sienna x and it was fab the customer service is absolutely great also!)

def don't just think that because you have the extra money there that you have to spend it there and then - keep hold of it until something really takes your fancy. have a read up about what is popular at the moment (not just season wise) and what is always popular year round and take it from there :D it's so exciting when you are waiting for training course dates to come around!

good luck for your new journey! :D

x

Nope as its not a gel, you just need to be quallifies in manicure and b able to polish properly xx

I would go for Shellac & a website! x:D

How much is shellac and the uv lamp? Please pm me! I may be able to afford to do it all as selling my car to put towsrds house deposit but if I know with the right marketing etc I can recoup the money it will be worth it wouldn't it?

Thanks so far girls! Great responses and lots to think about x

How much is shellac and the uv lamp? Please pm me! I may be able to afford to do it all as selling my car to put towsrds house deposit but if I know with the right marketing etc I can recoup the money it will be worth it wouldn't it?

Thanks so far girls! Great responses and lots to think about x

in an ideal world it would be great that you do a course then get clients in to make the money back straight away, but you have to think about how are you going to get the clients in? how will they even know you exist? you need to advertise, which sometimes costs money and can take time from what i've read (i'm not up to that stage yet). not just that but just because you have done a course does not mean you will be good enough/confident enough to start charging people straight away so you have to bare that in mind too when thinking about making your costs back.

x

I would invest in CND, I have done my L&P foundation with the lovely katie ellison, shellac, minx, mani, pedi currently doing my L&P masters with julia moran, and can not rate the highly, there products are second to none training fab, ongoing support is fantastic, xx

Thanks again girls! Wow there's soooo many things to think about! I wanna do it all! Lol!

Miss confused - thanks for your input. I had planned to buy bed etc out of my money and ask for other stuff required for Christmas birthdays etc off family.

I am sooo very dedicated to doing this and very confident in what I do be it beauty or property Lettings! I am also a perfectionist! I also have a gnvq in business so am clued up in how to set things out financially and advertising wise! I am also lucky as my brother is a computer geek and his partner is a graphic designer so hopefully they will design me a kick ass website!

I also know a photographer who will help me with photos for a portfolio!

I think I need to sit down write want I want to do and how much it is going to cost in training and kits and other equipment and insurances and see where best to allocate the money and which will see me the best profit to put towsrds other courses I want to do!

Just pointning out you said you were planning on going mobile, so selling your car may also cause you some problems as you may find you have a great responce to your advertising but cannot travel to clients unless you have someone who can drive you?

G x

Don't worry! Lol! I am going to buy a cheaper car! Hubby is in the motor trade as a mechanic and gets offered loads of cars! Could never live without a car! I've had more cars in the past 3 years than I can remember! I'm the talk of the apartment block lol! Let's hope they can chat about my beauty therapy skills in future and book me up!

I am seriously considering using car money to do everything mentioned. I'm thinking lashs, make up, air brush, spray tans and shellac! Then spend a good 6 months practicing before launching myself! All depends on what hubby thinks No doubt he will moan about it! But you get out what you put in!

Hi Good luck in what you decide to do you can't go wrong with any of the ietems you are thinking of doing :)

you sound like you are pretty much all set to go, you know somebody for everything! lol :D

if our men didn't moan about our need to do courses then we'd be wondering what was wrong with them!

def agree that you should have a sit down and write down what you want and need. it's so hard though isn't it when you know there is money there and there's courses you just haaave to do! lol :D

good luck with what ever you decide, i'm sure you will do fantastic! x

Latest posts

Back